12 - THE TUTOR

|| BRAD ||

I woke up from the sound of my alarm. Fuck, I hate that noise so much... I slowly opened my eyes and gently rubbed them. I let out a groan and stretched myself. I reached out a hand outwards and pressed the button to turn off my alarm clock on the nightstand beside my bed. After doing so, I let my body relax and let my body sink into my bedsheets when my phone rang out from a message which startled me a little bit. Thankfully I remembered to place my phone on my nightstand this time. I grabbed my device and squinted at the screen. Oh, Noah sent me a message.

"Hey, I'm coming over to your house remember?" He texted me. I smiled. Of course, I would never forget him visiting.

"Yeah, I know," I texted him back.

"What time would you like me to come?" He replied.

"Is ten o' clock okay with you?" I asked. I waited for a few more seconds before Noah messaged me back.

"Sure! That's fine by me," he said.

I grinned and started typing again, "Awesome! See ya later," I said.

"You too."

I quickly shot up from bed went out of my room to get into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and set in on cold. Stripping off all my clothes and tossed all of them into the bathroom's hamper. Stepping in, I felt the cold water trickle down my body. I took the shampoo bottle and placed a generous amount onto my hand and massaged my hair until my head became bubbly then used the soap bar to scrub down my chest, pits, and uhh... other areas. After finishing up and rinsing my body, I stepped out and used a towel to dry myself up. Wrapping the towel around my waist, I went back into my bedroom and dressed up; A tight but comfortable black shirt that hugs my body, black basketball shorts, and black socks.

Yeah, I like black, no one can stop me from wearing it.

I went out of my room and descended downstairs into the living room. Dad is watching tv, I'm assuming Mom is in the kitchen doing the dishes since I can hear clinking in there so I went to the dining room to see a plate of scrambled egg and bacon set down on my spot of the table. I took a seat in front of it and grabbed my spoon and fork. "Brad?" My Mom popped her head in the room to check on me.

"Yeah?" I said looking at her as I took a bite out of my food.

"Your Dad and I will be heading out to do some grocery shopping," she said with a smile.

"Oh okay, sure," I said and gave her a thumbs up. She went back into the kitchen only to come back in once more after remembering something, "oh, and one more thing..." she began, "...if your friend comes over, be sure to ask them if they need anything like food okay?" She said.

"Yes mom," I nodded. In the inside, I was bursting with glee. This pretty much meant the I get to hang out with Noah in privacy. Not that I was worried about my parents embarrassing me in front of him or anything. I gobbled up my food and brought the plate with me to the kitchen. Mom had already finished washing up the remaining dishes so I cleaned up after myself.

-

"Okay, we're heading out Brad," Mom said as she picked up her purse from the coffee table in the living room. She gives me a kiss on the cheek before heading out to the door where Dad was holding it open for her. "See ya later bud," Dad said as he stood at the door frame. I smiled at him and waved before watching him closing the door. Hearing the rumbles of their car and later on, it starts disappearing in the distance. I took a breath and went upstairs to get my history notes. After a few seconds of digging into my backpack, I walked back down and lightly tossed it onto the coffee table. It's only nine forty-five so I thought I could tidy up the house for a bit so I grabbed the broom and swept the house. After doing so, the pantry opened up as I found the duster and started cleaning places where dust would usually be collected. I wouldn't normally clean up the house without being told so. Whenever, Zack, Liam, Jackson, Taylor, or anyone else came by, I would just let them in even if the place isn't at its best look, but since we're talking about Noah, I would gladly present myself neatly. This guy is coming over to my house for crying out loud. After a few minutes of sanitation, the doorbell rang unexpectedly. I looked at the wall clock within the living room and saw that I was only nine fifty-one. I raised my eyebrow out of curiosity and stared at the front door. I walked towards it and used the peek hole to check who it is. To my surprise, it was Noah wearing a baby blue hoodie with his black backpack. I opened the door to finally meet him, "Wow, you came earlier than I thought you would," I said with a grin.

"Well, it's nice to arrive sooner," Noah said with a smile. I took a step back to let him enter. After taking a few step in, he then unties his laces and picks up his shoes, "where should I put them?" He asked.

"Right in there is fine," I said, addressing him to place them in our shoe rack inside the closet near the entryway. I slid the door open for him and pointed at the shoe rack inside. He gently places his converse shoes in there and I slowly closed the door. I turned to look at Noah who was also looking back at me, "so are you ready to study?" He asked.

"Oh I'm ready," I smirked at him.