43 - SLUR

||NOAH||

I clicked a few details in my head: Ari said that she brought some of the canned herring from her trip to Europe back here and snuck some inside Damian's bag, which would explain how someone got their hands on some. Damian was furious after his defeat in the football game. The next school day, the stench reeked our auditorium with the smell. I theorize that he must have taken his angered revenge on us by incapacitating our facility. It might be a possible speculation. I told my idea to Thiago when he came back with his fast food. "Knowing him, that neanderthal could be just impulsive enough to do something like that," Thiago responded as he finished his chicken nuggets, placing the box container inside the paper bag.

"I guess that solves the mystery of how it happened in my school," I sighed, dangling my legs on the edge of the stage.

"It is rather unfortunate I suppose," Thiago stood up and went to go throw his garbage in a nearby trash can.

"Do you seriously not have somewhere else to be, you've pretty much spent the entire day with me?" I asked him as he came back to sit down next to me.

"Am I a bother to you?" He frowns, though looking a little bit exaggerated, almost in a joking way.

"N-no, I don't mean it like that," I waved my hands all flustered.

He chuckles, "I know, I'm just kidding. I'm ahead of all of my classes, that is why the school chose me to help," he smiles. The bell rings once more. I checked my phone, assuming that it must be the last bell of the day judging by the time. Everyone was starting to pack up their things and getting ready. Thiago lets out a little whine, "what a shame, you're leaving already?" He says.

"I did arrive here on the school bus. But I'll be coming back on Friday for the choir concert," I said. He nods and gets up along with me.

"It feels kinda nice talking to someone who's real," Thiago murmured as both of us walked behind a group of  Wolverine students who are presumably heading back to the buses.

"What do you mean by that?" I tilted my head.

He shrugs, "you know how people are around here. They put on a shell and act a certain way to appear like a certain way. They mask themselves to appease society for reasons and sometimes personally. But you, you're honest with yourself and authentic," he grins and gives me finger guns which a found a little bit embarrassing but sort off funny because it was breaking his previous character, definitely nothing what the old, serious Thiago would do. I gave him a huge simper. Suddenly, I felt a strong arm wrap around my shoulder and pulled me to the opposite direction of Thiago. I gagged a little bit because the person who has their arm around my neck unexpectedly drew me close to them. "Fucking hell, can you leave the poor guy alone?" Thiago said, annoyed with his arms crossed.

"what's wrong Thiago? Attached to him?" Damian gave him a mischievous grin, which Thiago rolled his eyes on. "Sup nerd," he said. I didn't respond. "I heard that you're part of the upcoming music festival thing, right?" Damian looks at me. I continued to keep my mouth shut. "Hey, I'm talking to you," he slightly gave me a shake.

I shook off his heavy limb off me and adjusted the straps of my bag, "yes, I am," I replied. I turned to him, trying to maintain and calm expression, "you're the one who caused the pungent smell in our school," I said.

Damian's eyes leered at me, unamused. He grabs my shoulder and grips it hard making me wince in pain. "Hey!" Thiago, yelled out.

Damian, bared his teeth as he slowly nears himself to my right ear, he lowly whispers, "listen here, keep that little blowing hole of yours shut or I'll beat you or your fucking gay boyfriend if you mention anything to anyone about it. He deserves it for my embarrassing loss," he says before shoving me to Thiago who thankfully caught me. The two gave each other ferocious scowls before Damian turned around and started walking away, "fag..." I hear him mutter. I felt my heart drop hearing that word. My stomach never felt so heavy and my legs were trembling.

"Noah, are you okay?" Thiago asked as he tried to help me stand up. I felt tears forming but I quickly ran back to the busses before anyone could see me cry. "Noah!?" It was the last thing I heard from Thiago before leaving the school, a few Wolverine students looked at me with shock. I hid at the back end of the bus and cowered, in the comfort of my hoodie. There I remained unbothered for the entire ride back.

I feared that word, especially if it was being directed at me.

-

"Noah!"

I looked up and saw Brad looking at me with a huge smile before transitioning to a  perplexed expression. All I could think of was hugging him as I watched him get closer. I felt the need to let out my emotions and gave him a tight embrace. I sobbed and snuggled my face onto his chest while Brad rubbed my back. "What's wrong?" I hear him say softly.

"I hate Damian, he's such a arschloch," I muttered within my cry. I looked up to see him appear upset. The other three stayed behind him, looking similarly about my distraught. I heard additional footsteps coming nearer. My eyes turned to the side to see my friends giving me gloomy looks. "What happened?" Annabel said.