27 - THE CLICHE TRUTH OR DARE

|| NOAH||

Liam had this sense of ability to rope people into doing things. Despite my gentle refusals, I joined in a game of truth or dare because he thought that this 'party' was getting dull. The guys seemed reluctant as well, but Liam threatened to chase anyone who denies his orders and forcefully drown them with beverages. Right now, I am seated closely next to Annabel and Brad sat down on my other side. I was somewhat unnerved as I noticed that Brad was progressively becoming droopier and had a slurry speech. "This is such a girl thing," Taylor rolled his eyes, looking at Liam who seemed so enthusiastic about our current activity.

"Shut up..." Liam murmured, grabbing an empty soda bottle from the living room table and placing it at the very center of our circle. I really didn't want to participate, there was always this uneasy sexual tension about these games. Not that I've ever been in one, It's just what I've observed from media. "The rules are simple... the person that gets pointed at by the narrow end of the bottle gets forced to tell the truth or get dared at by the person who spins the... the bottle," Liam grumbled as he began rotating the container and spins it. Our eyes locked on the revolving object and watched it halt. It was pointing towards Davey. "Aw damn it," Liam grumbled, sounding let down.

"Go easy on him," Zack warned with a glare.

Liam sighed, "truth or dare, Davey," he said.

Davey thought for a while before inputting his answer, "truth," he murmured, almost inaudible.

Liam grinned and spoke, "alright then, who's your favorite? Zack or Ethan?" He sounded mischievous yet curious.

"Don't put me in this situation," Davey whined, peering over at his brother and cousin; both were looking at him with anticipation. With a defeated look, Davey answered, "Zack?" He hesitated, sounding unsure of himself. Zack chuckled and was relieved as he looked over at Ethan who acted all hurt.

"Aww don't worry," Zack said with a small hint of mockery. Ethan blinked and sent a playful yet intimidating glare towards Davey who shrunk into his brother's arms. Liam gestured Davey to take his turn. With the bottle in motion, it stops right exactly at his brother who turned to look at Davey with dread, asking for mercy. "Truth or dare," Davey asked calmly.

"Truth," Zack replied with no confidence in his tone. Davey glanced at Ethan who gave a sneaky smirk in return, "is it true that you have eyes on Andrea?" With that question, Zack's face blared with a bright color of pink engulfing his cheeks.

"Andrea?" Brad tilted his head with a grin. Everyone leaned on closer in silence.

"How could you..." Zack muttered with a hint of betrayal in his voice.

"Well? Are you gonna answer or not?" Jackson said impatiently, eager to know the truth.

"Don't lie!" Ethan blurted out.

Everyone fell silent. From my peripheral, Brad was slouching and slowly shifting himself closer to me. "Okay yeah! Fine, I like her..." Zack gulped. Davey quickly pushed away from himself from his sibling and created space between them. "For me being your favorite person, you have the audacity to do that," he sounded hurt. Everyone chuckled and laughed. Soon it became a mini discussion about the new information they've acquired before we resumed back to the game.

Taylor was dared to finish a full bottle of Coca-Cola in under a minute, which resulted in him throwing up in the bathroom toilet for two minutes whilst dealing with hiccups.

At the mention that I have a pool in the backyard, Liam was dared to strip to his underwear and swim for a whole minute. I mentioned that it was a bad idea considering that he had consumed a lot of alcohol. Taylor thought about it for a moment before he snarkily replied that Liam would then swim for fifty-nine seconds instead. He told us not to worry and that he would watch over Liam to make sure he would be okay... and not cheat.

Then, things started to escalate. Jackson was then dared to give a kiss to Ethan. Both of them were wide-eyed. Everyone fell silent. Ethan seemed a little bit uncomfortable but mostly calm, whereas Jackson was completely nervous and flabbergasted. They looked at each other's eyes before exchanging a few words if they have each other's permission. I had my eyes focused as Jackson reluctantly neared himself. I was somewhat ashamed of myself to be so fixated, I found it enjoyable and I was anticipating it... Ethan turned his cheek to the side as Jackson gently closed his eyes and placed his lips gently on his skin. Weirdly passionate. Neither of them made a sound. I watched as Jackson lingered and hesitantly retracted himself back into his position with a red face. Ethan stared at his folded hands while occasionally looking at Jackson who was blushing furiously. Liam, shivering and still dripping wet from the pool, applauded, "woohooo!!!" He cheered.

Jackson held the bottle and starts spinning it. We watched it spin at a rapid speed when suddenly the person who was chosen is me, the narrow end pointing towards my direction. "Ohh," everyone said in amusement apart from Annabel. Everyone eyed Jackson as if they were psychically connected, conversing together. "Truth or Dare," Jackson said. I tried thinking hard, assessing what could go wrong on either option that won't result in me ending in a panic attack. For me, I wasn't exactly very open, depending on the person that I would share such sensitive information to, "D-dare..." I mumbled so silently with anxiety developing in every part of my trembling body.

"Alright," Jackson said, his eyes landing at Brad who seemed bored but raised an eyebrow when he noticed the eyes upon him. "Noah, let's start off easy. Wrap yourself in Brad's arms and stay engulfed for the entirety of the game," he said.