5 - TOO FAST

|| NOAH ||

I arrived at school and settled my vehicle in the parking lot. I usually come in earlier than everyone else, about twenty minutes before the whole school starts filling in with students. The place is decent at size, though not that much grand as my last one. I entered the facility and waited at the lounge that is right in front of the school's entrance. I don't have a particular reason to come in so early, and I don't really have a meeting to attend either, but I just felt like turning in sooner for a bit of peace and quiet. I took a seat on one of the building's sofa and pulled out a book that I recently started reading. Normally indulging non-fictional compositions, but I wanted to try out something new. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after a few pages of reading, I actually got quite captivated by it. I have such a huge fascination for reading. Honestly, I wouldn't really argue with someone if I was called a nerd. I really do love the activity, and because of that, I don't really care much about being called so. Being a nerd isn't that bad. I don't understand why that particular stereotype seems to be made fun of all the time. Anyways, I view reading as a sort of escape from reality. I'm sure other people could relate to it. Something about reading a story and visualizing it makes it feel like you could be a part of that world. To escape the fearful horrors of reality and implement yourself in another fantasy. It's one of the few activities that I love and I find it to be a stress reliever.

-

Only about ten minutes later, I heard the front doors opened. Huh, maybe I'm not the only one who likes to come in early. I still kept reading my book in hand when I heard approaching footsteps that originated from the doors. It seems that someone is walking towards me. I looked up to see who it is and to my surprise, it's Brad Belonta. "Oh?" I uttered softly as I watched the tall guy nearing.

"Wow, I didn't expect to see you here so early," Brad said as he stood in front of me. His towering height did seem intimidating.

"I was not expecting you to arrive so sudden as well," I said to him.

"You know what? This is great! I wanted to actually ask you something right now!" He said with a huge grin plastered on his face.

"Were you supposed to say it during lunch?" I tilted my head in confusion. I noticed something after my display of obliviousness. His cheeks seemed to have reddened a bit and his eyes looked away from mine for a moment before he recollected himself. He cleared his throat and tried to speak again, "Umm... yeah true, but I could just tell it to you right now," said and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Umm... okay?" I said with an eyebrow raised. I looked down at my book and slowly shut it, then I returned back at him after placing my novel inside my backpack. Brad takes in a deep breath before speaking.

"So, I heard that you're into guys," Brad said without considering how inconsiderate it sounds.

What. I couldn't help but look so flustered from the out of nowhere statement, "Umm, yeah? What about it?" I replied, sounding a bit uncomfortable about the situation. I was still taken back from what Brad said.

"Hey, be my boyfriend," Brad said with such a cocky smirk on his face.

Gay panic!

I couldn't believe it. The school's iconic athlete, the guy who lots of girls would love to be in a relationship with is asking me to be his boyfriend?! I have completely forgotten about the gossips that I've heard about Brad's bisexuality. My eyes widened at his words. He was still stood in front of me. His face has a smile remained on it. I felt warming up and my heart beating at an alarming rate. This is all going too fast! I mean, we've only spoken to each other so much, had some acquaintances, and now this good looking hunk is asking me to be his significant other out of the blue?

"Hey umm, are you okay?" He spoke and knelt down on one knee to look at me in the eye. I snapped out of it and am now face to face with Brad. "U-Umm..." I stuttered as I looked deep into his eyes. His smirk curved inwards as he waited for my reply.

How do I say, "no thank you," in the nicest possible way?

"I... I'll think about it," I said and started pulling my bag towards me.

"Aweso- I mean, wait wha-?" Brad said before stopping, looking confused. I quickly held my backpack and stood up from my seat.

"See you later," I quickly said before heading to the narrow halls of this school.

"W-wait! Noah!" I hear him calling for my name. I looked back a bit to see him trying to jog towards me. "Can you really not just tell me now?" He said almost getting close. I increased my speed to widen the distance between us.

"I-I have a meeting to attend to. I'll tell you my answer later," I lied and started running. I peered behind again to see him frozen at his tracks, looking like a hurt lost puppy. His frown really made him look incredibly disappointed. I slowed down to make a sharp turn so I wouldn't collide with someone just in case. Thankfully, the corridors are still barren. I leaned onto the walls of this place to catch my breath. I rested my hand over my vigorously beating chest. This is crazy! What am I going to do? I've never had anyone ask me out before, and the first person to do so is one of the hottest guys in school?! What will everyone think? What will my parents think? What are all of my friends going to think about this? This sent me to perplexing turmoil.

-

KEEP READING DONT BE A COWARD! LOL