64 - A SLEEPOVER

||BRAD||

I couldn't express how terrified I was. Usually, I would be scared of low numbers when it comes to grades, but now, high numbers are just as horrifying when it comes to payments. "Go ahead, I'll cover everything," Noah glanced at us before he leaned over to check what Annabel was picking.

"Are you really being serious?" Davey stretched his arms on the table.

"Yep," Noah smiled.

"Okay... I hope you do have this under control," Davey murmured before plummeting himself on the menu folder.

-

We took our time to pick out what we wanted; Annabel and Noah seemed carefree as they sounded like they were ordering as much as they want. "Hey, Noah, where exactly do you work, or rather get your money?" Liam questioned, tilting his head.

"I help assist my parents at home. I receive an allowance for the work I accomplish; occasionally they just provide me with extra money from time to time," Noah explained.

"What's your parents' occupation?" Taylor then asked.

"My parents own a few companies: clothing, cosmetics, and others."

We all gave each other looks of surprise, thinking about how successful his family is. "Dang, that's impressive," Jackson gleamed in amazement. The conversation kept on until two workers came along with a cart of food. The sound of sizzling grew as they placed our respective dishes in front of us. The aroma strikes me and my mouth began to salivate. Staring at the steak before me, I waited for everyone to receive theirs before dining in. "Enjoy your food," the waiters responded and left.

"Can we eat? I'm starving," Liam gave a look at his burger, waiting like an impatient puppy. Everyone held their utensils in hand and began. Taking a bite from the meat, a surge of flavor rushes and entices my taste buds. This is amazing. While we ate, we would pass on a few topics. "Spring break is coming in about two weeks, anyone got plans?" Zack brought up.

"Just... more work..." Liam let out a depressing breath.

"Nothing really, I'd probably just stay at home and do nothing," Taylor added.

"What about you, Noah?" I asked, turning my head to him.

"My uhh... parents are taking me over to Germany for a family reunion," he mumbled. The others gasped while I looked at him with a frown. I was hoping to spend time with him for a week, but him separating overseas for a week? That just fucking sucks. Annabel and Noah caught the sight of my gloom. "What's the matter?" Anna asked.

"I-I thought Noah and I could do stuff together then..." I muttered. The two gave each other a chance before returning their attention to me.

"I'm sorry Brad..." Noah held a hint of regret in his tone. A wave of thoughts filled my head, though an idea was in it. I opened my mouth to speak, but then I realized how inappropriate it is to tag along abroad to a family reunion. "What is it?" Noah asked.

"I just... I wondered of asking if I could come along. I'd pay everything for my own, though it sounds selfish of me to ask something absurd," I scratched my neck awkwardly.

Noah processed the moment before responding, "I can ask my parents," he blurted with a smile. I looked at him with surprise. "It's common for me to bring Anna to places around the world."

Annabel guaranteed with a nod.

"I guess that would explain why I've seen lots of pictures of you two in different countries from your social media..." I murmured, now realizing.

"So what do you say, I can inform my family if you want that," Noah said.

"Sure!" I flashed my teeth with ecstasy.

-

Everyone had finished their food, and at the moment we were all just having conversations with each other in the table and giving our bellies a rest. The food was delicious. Facing towards Noah, I asked him, "hey... would you, like to sleepover at my house for tonight?" I grinned. I guess it came to a sudden surprise for him because he choked on his water; Annabel had to help him recover by gently smacking his back.

"Y-you want me to stay?" He wiped his mouth. Nodding, I held my laughter from his silliness. His eyes glanced downwards, "I'll need my parent's permission," he says, taking his phone out of his pocket and immediately started typing on it. Before our vacation starts, I might as well get a head start to be with him as much as I can.

-

As the bill arrives, Noah and Annabel stood at the front desk to pay with his credit card. He asks us to go ahead while we waited from the outside, taking in the late breeze. I heaved a sigh and leaned forwards with my chin on my crossed arms over the railing. "This feels amazing," Taylor spread his arms out as another gust brushes us.

"Kinda romantic almost," Jackson murmured. It did look beautiful to stare at the city filling up all the way to the horizon while cooling winds cover us.

"Did you guys have a good time?" Noah's voice rang out behind us.

"Definitely! This was awesome!" Liam pumped his fists into the air.

Davey let out a tired yawn and he tugged on his brother's hoodie, "Zack, I'm tired," he mumbled sleepily.

"Yeah, we should get going now," Zack agreed. Everyone grouped up altogether as we headed back towards the elevator. Walking alongside Noah, I asked him, "so what did your mom and dad say about stating over at my place?"

"Oh, they said they'll allow it!" He beamed. Reflecting his excitement as well, I swung my arm around his waist and pulled him closer.