76 - EVEN BIG GUYS CRY

||BRAD||

Everyone was growing a lot more intense as time passes. A few had already left but the party was still roaring with life. I made sure that I don't consume more drinks and I need to be careful since I will be handling the wheel later and take Annabel home. Side note, I used to think that she would be just as equivalent to Noah's distaste for beer or alcohol in general, but honestly, she seems to be taking it well for her first time. Though I have to make sure she doesn't to anything regretful or get hurt because I'm sure the phases of getting drunk will begin soon. Ah geez, I hope her family won't get mad at her. On the other hand, she is a lot more lively and energetic to be around. It kinda makes me smile to see her enjoying her time. She even remembered to take a few pictures with the things going and her with other people. Felix is laid down on the sofa taking a nap with Kate looking after him, though I'm impressed he could sleep throughout the ruckus of voices and booming music. As expected, Liam is already drunk and it's quite funny to see him wobble around trying to maintain this place's structure; he looks like a zombie tending his house. And last but not least, the most hilarious thing that happened is when Jackson, who is all intoxicated with beer, came up to me with droopy eyes and clung to my arm, staring at me while mumbling, "where's Ethan... I wanna kiss him again..." That caused me to laugh so damn loud. If only I knew he was gonna say that, I could have taken a video of him. Smirking, I had to hold him up and motion him towards the couch where Kate and Felix are. Looking at her, I asked for a favor, "Hey, do you mind babysitting another baby?" I say.

"Wha? Fuck no-"

Before she could even finish what she was saying, I dropped Jackson in front of her, his body probably crushing hers, "ow! Brad! What the-"

"Ethan?.." Jackson murmured once more before tucking his hand behind her head, "Your hair's gotten longer..." then, he tried kissing her on the cheek, his legs trying to entangle with hers.

"Wait... what's happening?" Kate was both utterly confused and terrified. With that going on, I start walking away from the awkward scene, "bitch! Get back here! What does he mean by this? Explain you bastard!" And just like that, I disappeared into the backyard chuckling. What a doofus, that pretty much shows that he does like Ethan. Glancing up in front of me, I see Annabel sat down alone on the grass looking peaceful under the moon as she stares back at it. With a soft smile, I approach her and sit down next to her, she didn't turn to look at me, but kept her focused gaze on the dark sparkled sky. "Whatcha doing out here?" I ask in a soft, almost inaudible voice.

"I'm... thinking..." she says. I could tell that she had already hit the really drunken state already, her voice slurred with an almost unrecognizable dialogue. Laughing for a moment, I join her in silence and appreciated the twinkling stars, the sound of the music diffuse from the inside while the crickets chirped on the outside. "So... what are you thinking about?" I ask.

She lowers her face for a moment, pulling her legs closer to hug them, her hoodie and hair covering a but of her front, "Noah..." she murmurs.

"Miss him?" I say.

She stays still before nodding lightly, "yeah..." she whispers. Yeah, I miss him too. I was about to say that I did as well until she let out words that I didn't think she'd confess, "sometimes... I wish my feelings for him would just go away..." a sad tone in her mumble. The sound of the wind brushed through the back lawn.

I froze, my eyes widen as they slowly stare at Annabel with disbelief , "what?..." I mutter in shock.

"Sometimes, I wish I could just kiss him... But it hurts, so much to let him go. I want him to be happy with Brad... though that meant throwing away everything I've done..."

My mouth opened but no words came out to express my reaction,"W-when did you start liking Noah?" I interrogated.

...

"Oh, I love him for a very long time now since middle school, even back when I was dating Brad..." she says.

When she said those words, I felt a deep pit in my stomach, pushing inwards and my throat bobbed. I placed both my hands on her shoulder and forced her to look at me. Her eyelids opened, shaken a little bit before squinting to focus on me. Her eyes widen as she realizes who she was actually talking too, "what- what are you saying, Anna?" I growled, my teeth gritted, a pained expression on me.

"I-I..." She stammered.

"You said you love him, 'love' him!" I was raising my voice. She couldn't move, nor speak, only her breathing paced faster and heavier. The sound of the insects seemed to have stopped and I couldn't even hear the music anymore. As we stayed where we were, my mind was rushing with thoughts and questions, I didn't even realize that I was beginning to cry. "did you love him more than me? Did... did you think I didn't love you! W-were you scared or something!?" I yelled out, my eyes pouring and my throat hurt. She too was beginning to sob. Her head turned downwards.

"What? This whole time, did you break up with me because you thought you could be with Noah?! Was that the reason you never told me?"

I didn't know what I was saying out of frustration. I meant it rhetorically, but it hurt me when I saw her look up.

She nodded.

...with watery eyes and a huge frown, I leered at her in disbelief. My hands released from their strong grasp as she sobs with ache. "I... I can't believe it..." I stuttered.

My heart dropped in agony as I stood up and began stomping away in fury. "Brad... I can explain..." her grieving voice sounded behind me.

Slamming the back door open, I wiped my eyes and headed back inside. Everyone stared as I passed them. Ignoring the glances, I swung open the front door and ran to my car. Getting back in where I was alone, I released a huge howl of suffering and felt my eyes pouring. Grabbing my hair anger. I cursed out loud, regretting ever coming to this damn party, "fuck!!!" I cried, raging out my emotions. "Why... why?.."