44 - OFFENDED AND AGITATED

|| BRAD ||

"I hate that word..." Noah mumbled as he wiped away his tears off his cheeks.

I eyed the others, wondering what he meant, "what word?" I asked him while trying to calm him down.

"F-fag..." he coughed. My face slightly cringed from hearing it. Glancing at the others, they were all wearing frowns, James looked completely disgusted and Jackson was mortified. "Damian called me it," Noah sniffled.

"Damian?" I raised a brow.

"Him..." Annabel shuffled, holding her arms like she was embracing herself.

"What about him?" James asked, sounding annoyed.

"He's always a jerk," Annabel stated, looking downwards at her feet.

"Calling Noah the f-word, he deserves to be called worse than just a jerk honestly," Kate placed her hand on her hip.

"I'm gonna fucking kick his ass," I muttered.

Noah looked surprised at me, shaking his head, "no, please! I don't want you to fight anyone!" He said all panicked. I looked at him all confused. "Please, it'll just raise conflict," he face showed sincerity.

I sighed, "o-okay... just, if I ever get any further news of Damian harassing you, I won't hesitate," It was sort of frustrating that Noah would leave himself hurt like this without even just a little bit of payback, but I followed his words for him.

"Besides, all of us..." Felix spun his finger around, referring to Noah's side of friends, "... are gonna be with you during our music concert. Damian can't do shit with all of us beside you," He grinned.

"Zack, Davey, and the others are coming too, and don't doubt that Brad will be there," Ethan eyed me.

"Of course I'm coming," I said quickly as if I foresaw Ethan's words. Turning to Noah who seemed overwhelmed, I gave him another hug, "don't worry, we're here for you."

I felt him give a small nod on the crease of my neck.

-

I watched as Noah drove all of his friends out of the school and waved him goodbye before he left. I stared silently as his car was out of sight. "I feel bad for him," Zack came up to my side with a pang of sympathy.

"Didn't think that Damian couldn't be more of a dick," Liam shook his head. I turned to look at Jackson who didn't say anything, he still looked uncomfortable after all that.

"You okay?" I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Y-yeah..." he stuttered, "hey umm... I'll go ahead," he added.

"Oh, okay, see ya," I tilted my head. Shoving his hands in his pockets, Jackson nodded and started walking into the parking lot towards his car.

"He looks bothered," Liam tilted his head, watching beside me. I noticed too, could it be that Noah mentioned the slur? He had a peculiar reaction to it. I turned to the two, "well, you guys wanna do something? Seems like Noah needs a little bit of time to recover," I said, waiting for suggestions.

"My cousin's restaurant?" Liam brought up.

I shook my head, "I think once or twice in a week is enough for me eating there, I swear I can feel my self getting fat," I said as I gave myself a pinch on my side, not as chiseled as I used to. I really need to work out more and hit the gym often. I faced completely towards Zack if he had any ideas on how to pass time. "You know, there's a temporary fair that recently got put up, maybe we can go there?" He said.

It didn't sound like a bad idea honestly, "sure," I accepted. Liam nodded too.

"Though, I'm also bringing Davey along too, and uhh..." Zack crossed his arms, a bit unnerved.

"What?"

"Is it cool if we brought Andrea with?" His cheeks reddened at the moment of mentioning her.

"Ooooh," Liam grinned like a middle schooler. I let out a little chuckle. Zack gave me a little upset look.

"Sure dude," I gave him a pat on his shoulder and a thumbs up of approval.

-

Liam and I waited in our own separate vehicles until we saw Davey on one side and Andrea talking while walking alongside Zack whose eyes haven't left her. Zack gestures her into his car, Davey getting in by himself. Zack starts backing up and driving. Liam and I get ourselves ready as we trailed behind his car. We passed by through suburban areas and into the central section of the more towering parts of the city. Its been a while, I usually don't come here. I prefer places that are quieter and less compact, but I guess I should explore a little bit and have some fun. We neared the fair, which is surprisingly bigger than I expected, it looked like an official amusement park. When we got in the parking lot, we settled our vehicles as near each other as we could because this place seemed packed. I got out of my truck and met up with Liam first. "This place looks awesome! We should hit that ride," he said, eyeing the boat that swung from side to side. I looked a bit unsure as I could hear the screams of others emitting from it.

"Come on let's go!" Davey's recognizable voice was heard as I turned to see him pulling both his brother's and Andrea's hands together. Zack looked at him grouchily while Andrea peered at him sweetly with smiles. "Calm down," Zack sighed.

Davey rolled his eyes in annoyance, his attention bouncing towards me and Liam in which his vision darts on everyone as he raises his eyebrows as if thinking of something. Smirking, he runs up to Davey, "come on, let's go, little buddy, these two love birds should have time for themselves," words loud enough for either of them to hear it. This sent Zack into a blushing mess. I laughed as I jogged up to the entrance gates of this place, hollering Davey and Liam who came to my side aid. "We'll go on ahead," I said, winking a the two's direction.

"You all suck!" Zack yelled out in embarrassment.