65 - CUDDLED IN HIS ARMS

||NOAH||

We all split up to our own ways and I had dropped off Annabel at her own house. Now, I am following Brad from behind to go to his place. I could feel my heart raising at the thought of having to spend the night in Brad's house. Going to one of my close friends' homes is an entirely different story compared to having to sleep at my boyfriend's. Once we had finally arrived, Brad got out of his truck first before jogging over to my car. Grinning, he waited patiently as I opened my door. He held out his hand and I grasped it, leading me to the front entrance of his home. Knocking on it, we both waited for a few seconds for it to open, "ah! What a surprise!" His mother spoke, her eyes darted from her son to me.

I gave her a shy wave and Brad replied, "mom, Noah's staying here for tonight," he said, which didn't exactly sound like he was asking for permission and more of a statement.

"Oh, okay," she smiled, opening the door wider for us to enter. Nodding at her with a grateful expression, we soon, later on, met up with his Dad, sat on the living room sofa, who was equally as bewildered, "h-hi Mr. Belonta," I said.

"Hello Noah," he smirks.

"Dad, Noah's gonna stay over for tonight," Brad mentioned. His father raised a brow but didn't question. Staying put beneath the stairs for a while, he turns to me, "do you need something? A snack, maybe the bathroom?" He says.

I shook my head, "I'm fine." I followed him to the upper floor and into his bedroom. My heart was thumping as this was the first time I staying the night in his room. The blue walls and the gray curtains really shows his personal color theme; his room and objects matched, creating a cohesive style. Brad looked at the clock that hung on the wall, it was 10:29 pm. "Wanna play some video games for a while?" He suggested.

I felt my cheeks warm up from embarrassment, "sure... but I'm not exactly good at those. I've barely actually use my gaming console before," I admitted.

He looks at me in shock, clasping his hands on my shoulder, "dude! Are you serious? Well, I'm not gonna leave you deprived, I'm bringing up my gaming system so we can have fun here," he grins then leaves the room. Listening to the progressively fading footsteps, I walked around for a while and checked the little knick-knack decorations on his shelves. At first, I thought books were stacked in them, but it turns out that they seem to be game packages. From what I could tell, they appear to be in the violent genre: guns, fighting, also sports actually. Something small caught my attention from my peripheral. My eyes landed on a small photo booth film with Brad and Annabel. Picking it up, it contained three pictures of them: both of them looking goofy and silly, posing back to back with serious looks, and lastly, Brad giving Annabel a kiss on her cheek. A wholesome smile forms on my face to see how cheery they looked. I heard thuds approaching from the hallway and I immediately placed back the pictures on its original spot. Watching Brad come in with his entertainment system in hand with two controllers, I waved at him. "Let's play," he makes his way to his Tv projector in the corner.

-

"I'm so bad..." I mumbled depressingly as I fell at the very last place in Mario Kart. He recommended me to play along with this since I was a bit unsure with shooting guns even in virtual reality.

"It's okay," he chuckled, hugging my frame as we were both sat on a bean bag with him spooning me. We both heard the door creak open as we saw his mother stepping in.

"Am I interrupting?" She says.

"It's okay mom," Brad said. She nods, carrying what looks to be a rather heavy and dense sleeping bag and fluffy white pillows. We were watching silently as she neatly prepares it next to Brad's bed. Standing up, she twinkles, "don't stay up too late okay? If it's still too cold, I'm sure there's a couple of blankets in Bradley's closet," She instructs me directly.

"Ugh, mom..." Brad let out a groan, his head plummeting on top of mine as his face was buried in my hair.

Giggling, I replied, "yes, thank you very much, mam," I said. She gives a wave before closing the bedroom door.

-

An hour has passed and I was beginning to feel the fatigue. Yawning, Brad saw my tiredness, "sleepy?" He mumbles. I slowly nod my head and rubbed my eyes. He helps me get up and out of nowhere, sweeps me off my feet, carrying me to towards his bed, "Woah!" I gasped. He gently lays me on his mattress as I watched him pick up the sleeping bag and fold it away.

"B-Brad... where am I going to sleep now?" I said, confused.

"With me on my bed dummy," he smirks. Eyes widening, I fumbled my thumbs bashfully as he comes closer and gets cozy beside me with him pulling the blankets to cover us. My mind was racing at an insane pace as he wraps his arms around me and pulling me closer to him. "Oh dear..." I whispered, my body was heating up.

"Wow, you're so mellow," he says, snuggling and cuddling me. Taking in the shock, I decided to give in and also lace my free arm around to his back, my head on his expanding breathing chest. He wrapped and intertwined his legs with mine. This was extremely surreal that it made me really giddy. I felt really protected with him right here, right now. I could feel his hand playing with my hair, brushing tenderly, my eyelids getting heavier already. "Love you, good night..." I heard his voice. I barely responded because I was so soothed and calmed by his warmth and petting that I was already starting to fall asleep. His chest vibrates as he slightly laughs, giving a kiss on my cheek before we both fell into a peaceful night's rest.