81 - MAKING PLANS

||NOAH||

"I... I don't know what to say," Kate murmured as she twiddled her fork into her platter of salad.

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault," Anna said. When we all finally got together and sit down in the cafeteria, Annabel had to explain what happened which she then had to reveal her other personal secrets. I held her to a close embrace to comfort her.

"Please, don't say it's your fault," my throat cracked at the sight of her sobbing. "You were drunk and didn't know what you were saying, you never meant to break his heart."

"This is nuts..." Felix mumbled quietly. Ethan and James gave each other uncertain stares while Anna is resting beside me. Felix's brows furrowed, perhaps pondering something. Then, his expression shifted cold and locked eyes with me, "he hasn't moves on-"

"What?" I blinked.

"Why else would he over react? It's been so long, and to lash out like that?... maybe you should just breakup-"

"Wait..." Annabel interrupted, catching him off guard before he could finish. She shook her head, and faced me, "Noah, I want you to understand... this isn't your fault, nor is it Brad's, but mine.

He was scared because I broke his trust. He always believed in the stigma that people wouldn't trust him because he's bi... he told me that, there were times when people would think he was capable cheating or getting back with his ex's just because they made these quick and dumb opinions without getting to know him fully. And honestly, I'm guilty for that too at first, but he made me realize that that isn't who he is. The truth is, he's loyal, loving, and all pf these things that make him a great person, but also broken. All he needed was for someone to really be with and trust..."

I frown.

"It's not that he's upset because he couldn't let me go, he's upset because I hurt him now. I didn't mean to, I didn't mean any of this to happen, though it did either way... that's why, it's all my fault..."

She holds my hands, one of her atop of mine. Closing her eyes, "he really does love you Noah, I can see it in him and I know you do too... so please, don't throw everything away like I did. I want both of you to be happy... give him a chance" her hands grasped mine tightly.

Everyone fell silent...

"I... I'm sorry" Felix murmured.

"So, that's why-," Zack mumbled too with his head low. Brad wasn't around the lunch area the entire time and the guys were questioning where he is. They too were wondering to know so they all huddled up around our table. "This was all just a misunderstanding," Annabel admitted.

"I-it's okay Anna. We understand. Yeah, we should give Brad his space, but at some point, we have to confront him," Jackson brought up.

"He won't talk to me," Annabel spoke, "or me," I added. They all stared at the two of us. It seems that they all began to ponder what the next move would be.

"Should I give it a try?" We all faced Zack who raised his hand.

"Well, it's a good chance," Taylor nodded as he checked for the others' opinions.

"Zack's honestly good at counseling and sympathy," Liam added, "and considering that he probably is the only one good at it," his eyes dart from Taylor to Jackson.

"Yeah... I can't really comfort anyone for shit," Taylor said, Jackson, nodding as well in agreement.

"We should give him maybe a day or two though to get his mind wrapped up first," Zack mentioned and the others concluded.

-

The entire time, I have barely encountered him in the halls. The school day has ended and currently, all six of us were heading to my car so I can drive them all back home like the old times; though we entered quietly. Once we got in and buckled, I started the engine and pulled out of my parking spot. "Hey, Noah?" Ethan broke the silence.

Looking at him through the mirror, I raise a brow, "yeah?"

"We were wondering..." I could see that he was checking the others as well, "wouldn't it be nice if we could go out to have fun, just to help you take away the bad thoughts and help you distract from it," he proceeds.

"We thought you might need it, for you know, the conflict and confusion that's been going on," Felix connected with a soft smile. Gazing at them in surprise, I turned to Annabel who was waiting for my response as well. There wasn't much thinking involved, but it did seem appealing at the moment. It could help me and Anna too. Smiling, "alright, we can," I said.

"Okay good! But before you could say anything else, let 'us'." James swirled his finger around the vehicle referring to themselves, "treat 'you'," he then pointed at me. Tilting my head, I sighed but went along. Everyone cheered happily and I joined their enthusiasm. Later on, they then suggested a few places where we could spend time together.

-

We visited a convenience store to grab a few snacks; well, we did, but Felix got way more for his hunger: a bunch of hotdogs, chips, and a huge soda drink. He did share some of it with us later on. Then, Kate brought up that we should try this one arcade in the mall that she would go to sometimes. We ventured around the many games and machines. Turns out, Ethan was just as bad as I am while Felix, Kate, and James would kick our butts at everything. I still liked playing though.

After a while, we decided to end this off with coffee and found a cute cafe. We ordered our drinks and sat down; James and Kate occasionally taking pictures and selfies together. She held up her phone high and faced her camera towards us, "Hey guys, look here," she says, causing all of us to do so. Once we gave our smiles, Kate presses the snap button and takes a good looking photograph of us.

-

"Oh my gosh that was so much fun," Kate stretched out her arms while we walked around the sidewalks of the city to my car where I parked a few blocks away. The sun was setting and the skies imitated pastel cotton candy colors.

"Did you guys enjoy yourselves?" Felix asked both Annabel and me.

"Yep, definitely!" Anna beamed genuinely as she spun around on her toes.

"Me too, I feel relaxed," I replied.

They all laughed, "mission accomplished," Ethan said to which they all gave eachother successful high fives.

-

Once I dropped everyone at their houses, I now made it to my own. Walking into the living room, my parents weren't here but Mowery who was just sat down reading a magazine on the sofa. He sees me and places the issue on the coffee table in front of him, "geez, it's around eight, where have you been?" He asks.

"Sorry, I was just out with my friends. I got carried away," I apologized. Looking around, I'm guessing that Mom and Dad might be in a late-night business activity again, "are my parents out working or something?" I asked to which Mowery nodded.

"Yep, Anyways, I have food prepared at the kitchen," he says, pointing with his thumb at the direction to the room.

I shook my head respectively, "no thanks, I actually ate."

He tilts his head, "oh okay, good to know," he grins.

-

Walking to my room, I collapsed on my bed and embraced the comfort of my sheets. I inhaled a deep breath as I was also somewhat tired; although, I needed to change first. Heading towards my closet, I entered and viewed through my assortment of clothing. Picking through the hangers, I paused and stared at a particular jacket. Taking it to my hands, I felt the fabric with my thumb and sighed. Putting it on, I hugged myself and imagined that he was here, right now, along with me. I got out wearing Brad's jersey and passed by my drawer when a silver pendant caught my eye. I glimpsed at it and held it with my hands.

"I can't believe I was oblivious to not think of it as a sign..." I murmured sorrowfully. It must have been hard for her to repress it so much.

This is my fault for not talking to her sooner.