32 - HIGHSCHOOL TRANSFERS

|| BRAD ||

"dude! Is that for real!" Liam said as if he was so amazed as he leaned over the cafeteria table and pointed vigorously at the hoodie I'm wearing.

"what?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"you're wearing Gucci, look at this bastard," Liam appeared jealous and scoffed, "since when did you start wearing clothes like that?" He crossed his arms.

"Oh, erm, Noah gave it to me," I said, reading the unusual print on my chest, "Huh... does it mean something? I don't actually know..." I murmured, incredibly clueless.

"He just... gave it to you?" Taylor looked at me, baffled.

"Yeah, I smelled like alcohol after the party so he said I could have it to cover up the scent. What's wrong with it?" I looked at them.

Liam shook his head in frustration, "dang, I wish I have a rich girlfriend that would give me clothes worth more than my week's pay," Liam pouted.

"Hey, are you saying I'm a gold digger?" My eye twitched as I looked at him.

Liam shook his head, "n-no, sorry, I don't mean it like that. I'm just envious..." he held his head down in shame. I shook my head with a sigh. My eyes wandered over at Jackson and recalled the moment during the party. I grinned as he notices me looking at him, "how was that kiss by the way," I mocked.

He looked at me weirdly before realizing what I was talking about, "s-shut up dude!" His face went red so quickly.

Everyone laughed along, seems that they wanna add in more to it, "you liked it," Liam joked, only making Jackson deny it feverishly.

"I did not!" He yelled out.

"Yeah yeah whatever," I chuckled and decided to brush it away almost feeling a bit bad. Sat beside me, I noticed how Zack was really silent most of the time in our conversation, instead, I can hear him humming a melody as he stared away from us, "you okay bro?" I said, placing my hand over his shoulder.

He turns to look at me, "oh, yeah, just practicing for the music festival," he said as he tapped a rhythmic pattern on the table with his fingers. "You know, you should come. Come watch me..." he paused for a weird dramatic effect, "... and Noah," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes at him, "okay I'm going... for Noah," I said, imitating his dumb expression which later on turned into a pout.

"Alright, when is it?" I asked.

"This Friday," I heard a voice from behind. I turned to see Noah passing by our table with his lunch bag in hand looking at me with a smile, "...so you're coming?" He said.

"Wherever you go, I'll go," I grinned.

"You're so cheesy," he laughed, and I joined with him.

-

Right after lunch, I headed towards my English class and began working on the worksheet we received days ago. Noah and Zack didn't really tell me many details about the music festival, but I was just eager to know more. Thankfully, Felix is in my class and maybe I can get more info on him. Luckily, he was just a few seats away from my spot. As sneakily as I could, I asked the girl next to him if she would be willing to swap chairs for a while. She accepted it and we exchanged spots. Scootching closer to Felix, I tapped on his shoulder to get his attention, "oh, hi Brad," he said.

"Hi, Felix. Say, do you know what time does the choir concert starts exactly?" I asked.

"Is this about Noah?" He sighed.

"Am I that predictable?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

He just looked at me with a scrunched up face, "yes, yes you are," he rolled his eyes.

Well dang.

"The music festival technically starts at six, but the performances begin thirty minutes later, the band goes first," Felix said while writing down on his worksheet.

"Awesome, thanks," I said. I thought for a moment. I should actually get to know Noah's friends, they're actually pretty cool. "Tell me, how'd you and Noah become friends?" I asked him.

He looks at me with a smile, "well, as you know, he isn't the approaching type. I'll be honest, I didn't really have any intentions of befriending, yet here I am being huge dork buddies with him. Anyways, whenever someone comes up, it's sometimes hard for him to keep a conversation going, thus making it awkward and not keeping the relationship stable. I think that gaining a better friendship happens when there's a little bit of force, a good force I mean, like getting partnered or participate in group projects. You get what I'm saying..?" He says looking at me, he himself wasn't even sure if he was making sense. I nodded, getting a little bit of what he was talking about. "...Yeah, that way, he has to talk. It seems to be like a trend, like how you and Annabel became good friends with him because of it, its how the friendship starts," he says.

"Oh really? That's how Noah and Annabel became friends?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, actually, they were each other's only friends back when they used to go to TopStar," Felix said, placing down his pencil on his desk.

I stared at him for a moment, wondering if I heard him correctly, "wait, they used to go to TopStar high?" I said with surprise.