48 - ATTACHED TO HIS MELODY

||BRAD||

I gave him a relieved nod and was amazed by his voice, both Noah and Annabel's vocals were just equally mesmerizing. Even Andrea looked at him with shock, "he's amazing!" She leaned closer to a whisper.

"He definitely is..." I murmured as if he had taken the breath out of me, keeping my eyes on his handsome face. Eyes never left mine and he kept that stunning smile of his. I felt my heart beating faster every second I watched him, it was like he was serenading me.

"Look at you," Andrea said, nudging my arm playfully, "you look like the Cupid just struck you on the butt," Andrea grinned and giggled. I rolled my eyes at her while simultaneously hiding my heated face. I brought my attention back to Noah.

"But come ye back when summer's in the meadow, Or when the valley's hushed and white with snow, It's I'll be here in sunshine or in shadow, Oh, Danny boy, oh Danny boy, I love you so..."

He does it very well, but I noticed that he would occasionally glance to his left side, making him mess up a bit but not too much that it would be obvious to everyone. I wondered and tried to trace where he was looking to my right side, yet I didn't see anything eye-catching. I did my best to distinguish what was keeping him uneasy, but the whole place was just dim as hell that I really don't know what's causing him to be distracted. I sighed and just hoped that he'll do alright.

"...For you will bend and tell me that you love me, And I shall sleep in peace until you come to me..."

-

All the lights began brightening up as we stood up from our chairs. The whole place went crazy after he finished! I almost had to compete with everyone as I yelled out his name, to which he covered his face. I chuckled. Gosh, he's so cute. He was then swarmed by his friends like bees to honey, congratulating him with compliments.

As everyone began heading towards the exit, Andrea and I waited for everyone to meet us near our seats. I watched them coming down from the corners of the stage in one group. "You were amazin-" I started but was cut off when Noah quickly came up to me and gave me a tight squeeze, "dear everything, hold me," he murmured. I raised an eyebrow and hugged him like he said, "my legs could cause an earthquake..." he quietly added.

I chuckled, "Want me to carry you like a bride?" I teased him.

"U-umm, maybe that's a little much," he blushed. I nodded understandably, but I also wished that I could sweep him off his feet and swing around happily.

"We should go," Annabel looked around and motioned all of us urgently, specifically eyeing the same area where Noah was looking at. Once again, I checked to see what was so interesting. Then I saw Damien leering at us while making up to the exit. My first instinct was to approach, but Noah tugged on my polo and shook his head, so did Annabel as if they were mentally connected. "What if he bothers you again?" I tried to reason with him.

"It's not like I'm going to see more times," Noah looked at me frightened. Once more, I sighed in defeat. I looked back up to see that he had already disappeared anyways. I held his hand softly and all of us walked up. I held the door for everyone and let them through first. After I think it's okay to head out now, I see someone unfamiliar and that Ari girl talking to Noah and Annabel. I neared to all of them, the four noticed my presence. "May I help you?" The guy crossed his arm.

"I should be the one asking," I said, placing my arm over Noah's shoulder. Annabel took a step back to get behind me.

"Look, it's Noah's boyfriend," Ari said with a cheery smile with her accessorized sparkling finger pointing at me.

The guy and I looked at her confusingly, "oh? So this is him," his eyes turned to me.

"Who are they?" I whispered closely to Noah.

Noah adjusted his collar and cleared his throat, "erm... Brad, this is Thiago..." he said, motioning to the guy, "... and this here, is Ari. Two of our former classmates," he said, moving his hand over to Ari who switched poses. Noah turns to me, "guys, this is my boyfriend, Brad," he said, hugging me with our sides, his arm snaked around my waist. I was just now realizing that this was the first time he called me his boyfriend. I wanna hear him say it again.

"Well, it's nice seeing you two. Congratulations again Noah and Annabel," Thiago said with a confident-looking grin as he starts walking away. Ari gives as a small wave before parting herself. Annabel steps forward to look at us, more specifically to Noah, "Thiago seems different," she says.

Noah nods, "he has... Oh!" Noah said so suddenly as if he had remembered something. Turning to me with big eyes, he says, "my uhh... parents are inviting you for dinner."

I raised a brow at him. Annabel was just as surprised as I was. "Really?" I said.