forty three

🖤daddy damien🖤

"Oooh! What's that?" Mason asked as me and Chase walked into the kitchen. He ran over and took Chase's necklace between his fingers.

"It's a promise ring." I stated simply.

"Cliché teenager shit" Mason mumbled as he stared at the ring in awe. "Lane!!! Get me one of these!!!"

Lane came walking to the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Mason's waist. "Get you one of what?" He questioned.

"I want one of them" Mason said in a baby voice as he pointed at Chase's ring. "Did you propose?" Lane asked looking at me. "No. It's a promise ring"

"Yeah... And I want one" Mason pouted looking up at Lane who was only slightly taller than him.

"How about I get you something better than a promise ring?"

"What could possibly be better than a promise ring Lane?"

"An engagement ring"

"Nope! That's where I draw the line! No! You're not marring my little brother! Maybe in the future but not now! No! Nope! Nada!" I said pulling Mason away from Lane.

"You're no fun" Mason's pout deepened.

"Your 17 Mason... You're not marrying my 25-year-old best friend" I said securing him in my arms.

"But Chase is 17 too!" He stated looking up at me.

"But I didn't get him an engagement ring... I got him a promise ring" I responded. "Same difference!" Was Mason's response.

"Exactly... There's a difference"

I looked over at Chase to see him staring at me with a pout. "What's wrong baby?" I asked finally letting Mason go.

He immediately ran over to Lane and wrapped his arms around him. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked over to Chase.

His pout deepened and he reached for me. "Use your words baby" I said brushing his hair out his face.

"H-Hold me" He said making grabby hands at me.

"What's the magic word?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Please?" He questioned tilting his head. "Yes, please is the magic word.. Now make that a full sentence"

"I'm not a b-baby" He said crossing his arms over his chest.

"Is Chase being bratty?"

"No" He stayed simply.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm s-sure..."

"Come here baby" I said opening my arms. Chase slowly walked over and wrapped his arms around me.

"I-I love you" He whispered. "I love you too baby" I whispered back. Chase looked up and stood on his tippy toes so he could give me a quick kiss.

He wrapped his arms around my neck and smiled up at me. "My gorgeous baby" I said putting my hands on his hips.

"Ahem! I'm still here! Your brother that you love very dearly!" Mason yelled. I rolled my eyes and flipped my middle finger up at him as I leaned down to kiss Chase.

"Get a room!" He yelled again. I pulled away. "I do what I want... It my house" I said before reattaching my lips to Chase's.

"Actually, Damien it's my house" I heard Lane say causing me to flip my middle finger up at him too.

"Fuck you too Damien" Was his response.

"Hey! We can't say those things with Chase here!" Mason said and I heard what sound like someone being slapped. Chase pulled away for air and I looked up seeing Lane holding his arm.

"Why'd you hit me?" He asked looking at his arm.

"Because you can't curse in front of Chase"

"I-I'm not little" Chase said pouting. "But I need to protect you from bad things since I'm your big brother. Even if I have to sell my soul to my own father to protect-" Mason froze at his own words and my eyes widened.

"W-What do you m-mean?" Chase asked. Lane let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair.

He knew exactly why Mason said that and so did I... But I don't think Chase is quite ready to know yet.

"I'll uh... I'll explain it to you later baby boy" I said knowing damn-well I was going to do everything in my power to avoid telling Chase who our father was...

Him knowing that would probably make him look at me differently and I don't want that to happen. "I w-want to know now" Chase whined.

I looked down at him before sending Mason a death glare. "I'm not sure you're ready to know who he is yet babe..." My hands ended up on Chase's waist as I pulled him closer to me. "But I promise we will talk about this later... All of us" I said ending my sentence by looking up at Mason and Lane.

In response Lane gave a reassuring nod while Mason gave me an apologetic look.

Great... Now thanks to Mason and his big mouth I have to tell Chase who my father is....

Out of all the things that have happened to him since we've been together, I think this will make him the most scared of me.

🖤💜🖤💜🖤💜🖤💜🖤