Chapter one

"You are so goddamn gorgeous" Cal looked over at hazel, his girlfriend of 12 years. They had been together since freshman year but Calum had had his eye on her since the first grade, not that he'd ever tell her that. Hazel was gorgeous. She had dark brown eyes, long soft chocolate brown hair and olive colored skin.

"Oh shut up," hazel giggled softly, "you're such a liar"

"No, I never lie!" Said Calum while sipping his water.

"You sure about that?" Cal watched her raise her eyebrow

"Would you rather I was a liar?"

"Well you lie all the time, for example you said you cleaned the WHOOOOOOLE house but you forgot our bedroom" the look on Hazels face was one that said 'ha, gotcha'

"It was one room!"

"I don't care" Hazel smirked and smiled like an idiot

"The only reason I forgot was Cuz you asked if we could go out for dinner and I was excited about it."

They both looked up as the food came and after thanking the waiter their conversation resumed.

"Calum, we need to talk tonight. It's pretty important."

"You okay? What's wrong?" Cal reaches over and grabbed her hand

"I'm fine. It's just....I have something waiting for you at home" she shrugged and continued eating

"Really? What is it?" Calum tried to hide his excitement but it wasn't working

"You'll see." She looked back down at her food while putting her feet on top of Calums. Their relationship was perfect. Had been perfect for 12 years. The best 12 years of cals life. He loved Hazel. And Hazel loved him back. You know when you think of the perfect happy couple? The couple who doesn't fight often and can talk forever without running out of things to talk about? The couple who does everything together and the couple who kisses each other good night and good morning no matter what? That was Calum and Hazel. That's exactly what they were. Sure there were bumps, but it was never about more than if five apples were too many to buy or not enough.

"C'mon just tell me!"

Hazel shook her head "let's just say you might get a little bitty bit mad....might..."

"Oh? I'll get mad?" He questioned while staring at the love of his life. All Hazel could do was nod. "And why is that? What is it?"

"Well....you know how we have five dogs?"

"Yeah..."

"Well....there was this tiny little grey dog and it was so cute looking at me with her little puppy eyes and so I had to bring her home!" And even
Though she talked faster than lightning cal heard every word. But he didn't get mad of course. He smiled.

"Why would that make me mad?"

"There's no room on the bed" Hazel giggled. Her laugh was like music to Calum. It was beautiful

"We can kick the dogs off the bed"

"Or we could kick YOU off the bed"

Calum gasped. "You wouldn't!"

"Oh of course I would" she was still giggling and laughing and making calums heart melt. God he was in love.

Hazel finished her food and went to the bathroom. While she was there Calum finished and ordered her favorite dessert; chocolate lava cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream

Hazel came back after a minute and kisses his cheek before sitting down

"Hazey I have a surprise for you after dessert" Calum felt his pocket for the special item to make sure it was still there. It was.

"What is it?"

"It's..." Hazel leaned in and listened closely. Calum whispered and said "well it's....a surprise!"

"I thought you were going to say we were gonna get to see your mom soon," Calum made a face of confusion and fondness, "I love your mom"

"We'll probably see her for Christmas" He shrugged and ate some of the cake

A few moments later Hazel got a text from the dog sitter saying that the new dog was settled in and doing well. After fondly looking through sent pictures of said puppy they finished their dessert, Calum payed, and they walks hand in hand out of the restaurant

"Where are we going?" Asked Hazel

"The beach" cal kissed her soft cheek and smiled

"But why? It's dark out by now, we can't even watch the sunset."

"I know. You'll see"

The entire way to the beach they talked and talked about how much they loved one another and about new puppies and old rugs they needed to replace in the bathrooms.

After about an hour of walking and chatting cal stopped them in front of a beautiful gazebo that was laced in fairy lights and scattered with candles and roses.

Hazel smiled up at her lover "cally what is all this?"

"Surprise!" Cal smiled and walks with her up onto the wooden gazebo. He took both her hands in both of his. "There's something I need to say..."

"Go ahead" she nodded and looked into his eyes

"I love you...so much. The time I've known you has been the best 12 years of my life. I've loved you since high school and since my first tour and everything. You just...god you mean so much to me. I love you so goddamn much..."

"I love you too," she smiled, "Every single day, my love" she stood on her tip toes and pecked his lips once

Looking at his girl he got down on one knee, "hazel...I love you"

Hazel put her hands over her mouth and tears began to well in her pretty brown eyes. "Cal.."

"I wanna spend the rest of my life loving you. Will you marry me?" There were no nerves inside Calum right now. He knew she was the one. There was no doubt in his mind that she would say yes. She loved him.

Hazel nodded fast and kissed him deeply as cal pulled the small box from his pocket and opened it for her to see.

"Oh...Calum it's beautiful!" He watched as she slipped it onto her tiny finger and let out a sigh of relief when it slid on perfectly

"Okay show it off babygirl! I wanna see!"

Hazel gladly held up her hand and showed the ring on her finger proudly. Cal took a pic for Instagram and posted it quickly with the caption: 'got her😍💍'

She stared at him in awe at how handsome and perfect he was. A small voice in the back of her head told her this was too good to be true but she pushed that thought away and held his arm tightly.

"I love you calum hood."

"I love you too Hazel Avery"

"Kiss me"

Calum leaned in and placed his lips upon Hazels. They fit together just like they should.