Chapter five

Hazel had work. Which was unusual on a Sunday for her but she claimed to be taking extra shifts. She didn't need to work. Calum was taking care of her but she insisted and cal was done arguing.

Around 4:30 he got up and started making hazels favorite dinner; fried shrimp pasta with mixed vegetables and a big ass bottle of wine. She would be so happy! They would have dinner and put everything past them and it would all be okay. And cal would ask her again to marry him and...and she would say yes? Well that was the plan anyway.

Hazel got home and cal was still cooking. She grabbed an apple from the fridge and sat on the couch

"Don't eat babe I'm making dinner."

"Put it on the fridge I'll have it later." She continued to eat her apple.

Cal frowned and tears formed behind his eyes.

"Are you sure?" She nodded. "Well it won't be any good later. I'm throwing it out." And he dumped all his hard work into the trash.

Hazel watched him throw it all away and she sighed walking over to him. "Why don't we order a pizza?"

"A pi- no I'm not hungry..."

Hazel frowned. "Fine." She poured herself a glass of wine, The very wine that cal was gonna serve her for dinner, and sat down on the couch flipping through the channels.

"I made you dinner that you didn't wanna eat and you'd rather eat a fucking TAKEOUT PIZZA!? And then act like YOU have the right to be upset right now!?"

She looked at him "I had dinner at work. I felt bad when you threw it away, that's why I offered."

"Shut it! I was gonna have a nice dinner date with you and put everything past us but I guess not!" Hazel stayed quiet. "IM TRYING TO FIX US!"

"I WAS TRYING ALL DAY AND LAST NIGHT AT ASHTONS!"

"I- well whatever...I was just trying to have a nice dinner with you and you blew me off."

Neither of them spoke again for a while.

Hazel broke the silence. "Are you just not interested in me anymore?"

"What are you talking about? You're the one who said got wanted to marry me even tho you don't love me enough for that."

"I'm old to you! You want someone new and exciting and I'm not those things! You don't love me the same way you did!"

"I tried to make all this up to you hazel! I wanted to have dinner with you and then cuddle with you in the bath to show you how much I do love you and what did you say to me? 'Put it in the fridge I'll eat it later' THAT REALLY HURT ME HAZEL!"

"If I hurt you so much then leave."

"I'll go to Ashton's if it makes you happy!"

Hazel snapped "it doesn't make me happy!!! But if it makes you happy then go! I just want you to be happy!!"

"You sitting and having dinner with me would have made me happy!!"

Hazel sighed. "Well I'm sorry..."

There was silence but in that silence they both agreed to just go to bed and forget. Forget about all this bullshit and leave it all behind. They went upstairs and brushed their teeth, changed and went to bed.

After a few moments of simply cuddling and being close cal spoke,

"Put it on..."

"Put what on?" Hazel looked up at him

"The ring...." cal tucked some hair behind her ear and then she shook her head

Calum teared up. "Why?"

She simply replied; "I don't deserve it."

Cal didn't understood what she thought she didn't deserve. She didn't deserve love? She didn't deserve clarity? She didn't deserve excitement and comfort? What didn't she deserve? She deserved everything. She was perfect. The definition of amazing. She deserved the world and more...

He sighed. "Please don't say that..."

"Say what?"

"That you don't deserve it....you DO deserve it.." he pulled her closer as she silently slipped it back on. "You don't wanna marry me do you...."

"We don't have to do this..."

"Do what?! Get married?? Be happy!?"

She sat up "marriage really isn't that important. We can just be together without being married."

He sat up. "Maybe it wasn't that important to you but it was important to me!"

Then they kissed. An angry passionate loving get back at one another sloppy desperate kiss. A tongues down the throat hands on each other's thighs mess up each other's hair kinda kiss. And then they pulled away, out of breath and out of words to say.

Hazel stood up from the bed and walked over to a closet bringing down a box. Cal watched as she opened the box and pulled out a white dress. She stripped and pulled it on and twirled around.

"What're you doing?"

"Come here baby."

"What're we doing? He stood up and walked over to her

"We're getting married."

The biggest smile spread across calums face. Hazel turned on their song and they swayed slowly back and forth.

"I love you hazey."

"I love you calum." Hazel suddenly stopped. "I have to give you something." She opened the drawer on her side table and took out two plane tickets to London. "Here."

Calum smiled even widen although that must not have been possible.

A little while later they decided to go take a bath. They sat in beautiful silence together in the warm water and just enjoyed each other's company.

"Hazel?"

"Yeah baby?" She moved her hair to the side and snuggled close to her lover

"Please don't leave me."

"I don't think I could even if I wanted to. I love you too much to go."

"Good. I need you. More than you can imagine. You make me better....I hate fighting with you."

It was calm after that. And Calum was okay. Hazel was okay