Chapter thirty four

"Do you want this for real?" Calum and hazel had been standing in the kitchen talking for a while about everything and nothing. She nodded.

"I do."

"Because what I CANNOT do again is be left alone or kicked out."

"I won't do that again...."

"You understand why I'm scared that that's a lie right?"

"I'm sorry." She sighed and Calum nodded

"We should go see issac."

"Good idea." She nodded and talked to the living room where they sat down. Cal was quiet and hazel reached to hold his hand which he let her do. Suddenly Mike who was there along with ash and Luke, spoke.

"Cal?"

"Hmm?"

Mike looked around and then back at cal. "Wanna go sit outside? Me and the boys wanna talk to you."

"You wanna talk to me?" Calums first instinct was to say 'fuck all of you, leave me alone' but he kinda wanted to hear what Michael had to say, obviously his past experience with the boys had been shit. Mike nodded. "Ya know..." Calum looked at Issac. Today was his special day and there was no doubt in cals mind that talking with the boys would result in a fight and ruin today. "I don't think that's a good idea."

Hazel and Issac both looked at Calum. Cal looked at Issac and hazel whispered "go ahead, it's okay."

"N-no hazel, it's fine." Calum replied. He just knew it would turn out shitty. Mike was suddenly grabbing cals hand.

"Come on we need to talk." He pulled him into a standing position.

"No michael!" Cal pulled his hand back.

Eventually the boys, with a little help from hazel got Calum outside so they could talk. Ashton spoke first

"Mate-" he started but Luke interrupted.

"ITS IMPORTANT, CALUM!"

"Yeah!" Said ash again.

Calum spoke up "what's so important that you have to ruin my child's birthday!?"

"It's about Issac." Mike said

"Right fine go ahead then." Cal crossed his arms and stood back to listen.

"He-

"He got a girlfriend!" Michael interrupted Luke who was about to speak. Calums face didn't change.

"He's four."

"Yeah so? She's imaginary." They all laughed except Calum.

"that's all you had to tell me? Is that my child has imaginary friends like every other kid his age? You had to force me, against my will, to come out here to explain to me that my four year old is acting like a four year old?"

Mike shook his head. "Luke has something to tell you."

Luke walked up in front of Calum and stood there with his hands in his jeans pockets. "It's quite funny actually..."

"He won't laugh, Luke!" Ash shouted and they all chuckled. Calum just stood waiting for Luke to tell him whatever it was he needed to say.

"So hazel uh-"
Ashton interrupted, "she might have done something!"

"Okay..." Calum said while looking inside the sliding glass door and watching issac play.

"With your guitar-
"Your bass guitar! Your first one!"