Chapter twenty five

"So sell it and buy her a new one!"

"I can't sell it!"

"Why not?"

"It means something to me!"

"Like what?"

"Idk just....something!" Mitchy, calums childhood friend, had come to the hospital to see the twins and hang out with cal for a few. Cal had been thinking, for the past day or so, about the fact that hazel wanted to get married and he didn't. He was scared of it. Bad things happen when you get married.

"Listen...just do whatever feels best okay..." cal nodded. "I gotta get going okay. Talk to her." Cal nodded again and Mitchy walked away.

Calum walked into the room and got in bed with hazel...

Hazel turned her phone off. "the whole "wanting to marry thing" just forget i said anything about it"

"I'm sorry babygirl..."

"it doesn't matter, okay? it was a dumb idea anyway..."

"It's not dumb."

"it is dumb, we are never gonna get married."

"Never say never.."

"god as if you'd marry me." She sighed sometimes it even surprises me you're dating me"

"Why do you say that??"

hazel shrugged. "sometimes think that if we didn't have issac, we wouldn't be here. you'd be away with someone else and so would i. Issacs the glue i guess."

"Don't say that. I'm here for you. Not for Issac or anyone else..."

"I wish we never had the twins...." hazel looked down

"Take that back." She said nothing. "I'm serious!"

"i just wanna fucking marry you but you're too afraid! I'm not ruin it like i did last time, i-i want a wedding and a honeymoon with you. I just wish you'd want to marry me as much as i wanna marry you."

"I wanna marry you hazel but last time went so horribly how am I meant to trust this time will be okay!"

They argued quietly.

Hazel sighed. "I don't fucking know."

"What if you say yes. And then we have one fight and you give it back!?"

"Calum I don't know!"

"And that's what I'm afraid of! You don't even know if you DO wanna marry me!"

"I DO WANNA MARRY YOU!"

"THEN DONT YOU DARE GIVE THIS BACK TO ME OKAY DONT YOU DARE!" He pulled the old ring out of his pocket.

Hazel looked at it and then looked at Calum. "You're not seriously gonna give me that ring are you?"

"I don't have another one..."

"calum i don't know if you remember but we argued and we weren't at a good place... m-maybe we should get a different one"

Calum put the ring down and then looked around the room. He picked up an old paper lip off the floor, bent it into a ring, and then got down on one knee. Hazel looked at him with shining brown eyes.

"Hazel....please will you marry me..." tears filled his eyes out of nerves and fear and every single other emotion.

"Y-" because waiting four seconds would have been just too terribly much to ask for baby cj decided that right then was the perfect time to burst out crying. Calum groaned and laughed and kissed the back of hazels hand softly. She walked off to take care of cj and Calum noticed that issac was sitting in the corner watching cartoons all alone.