Chapter thirty

Cal was drinking. He was sat at a bar drinking. He was a whole year sober as of one month ago but now he didn't care. The kids were staying at Michael and crystals house. As cal downed his second drink he felt hazel grab his hand

"Go away from me." He groaned. He just wanted to be left alone.

"Please..." hazel frowned "can i just take you up on the offer of us being fine again?"

"I offered it plenty of times hazel so why now? Suddenly you feel bad since I'm drinking after a year of being sober? What's the catch, McFuckface has to live with us? I loose custody of Alice? What is it?"

She shook her head. "Please just come home."

"I don't know"...said cal while ordering his third drink.

"No more drinking Calum..." she grabbed his hands

"Please hazel I'm tired I just want to drink, it doesn't even matter anymore."

"You can have a drink at home..." she ran her fingers through his curls.

"I wanna drink here."

She shook her head. "No more Calum.....please..."

"I just payed for another." She sighed and said nothing, just rested her head on his shoulder.

"Just leave it...please I wanna go home." Cal sighed and watched the mixologist. Hazel whined and whispered again "I wanna go home."

"I know." Calum sighed. Hazel cuddled into his sweatshirt. "I can meet you at home if you wanna go"

Cal looked at hazel for the first time since he got to he bar.

"I'm gonna go...I don't wanna sit and watch you get drunk, you're not nice drunk..."

"I'm sorry...."

Hazel walked out and cal sighed and put his head on the table.

"You okay?" The bartender, a pretty girl with blue hair and blue eyes, asked. Cal shook his head.

"Never..."

"Want some fries?? Fries make me feel better."

"How much are they?"

"Free for you." She smiled beautifully and gave him the fries. "Want me to call your girlfriend to come pick you up?"

"A-after one more drink. And throw this away..." he put his 12 month sobriety chip on the counter as hazel called him. He answered

"Are you on your way home?"

"I-I'll be home soon."

"Be safe okay.."

"I'm calling an Uber."

"I'll come get you."

"Okay...yeah that works okay.."

She hung up and cal finished his drink. He walked outside and saw hazel in her car waiting for him. He got in the car.

"How many drinks did you have?"

"Four." Hazel sighed. "It's not that many!" Cal said defensively.

"Yeah it is..."

"No baby it's not!" She held his hand. "I love you."

"I love you."

"Forever." Hazel parked and got out if the car "FOREVER!" Calum yelled while he climbed out of the car. She just rolled her eyes and walked inside, Calum followed. Hazel went upstairs to their room and cal followed. When hazel got into bed Calum snuggled up to her. "I'm sorry."

"No more drinking."

"Okay." Cal nodded.

———

The next morning cal woke up with a hangover that was worse than anything he ever remembered. Hazel was in the shower when he sat up to look for some water but soon she came out.

"Good morning."

"Mornin..." cal mumbled and closed his eyes. "Want me to get the kids?"

"No I'll get them." Hazel got dressed. "I'll get you some painkillers too" she kissed his head.

"Wait.....can mike keep the kids for the day?"

"Why?" Hazel brushed her hair

"So I can spend the day with you...I want to take you out..."

"Really? Where??"

"Where do you wanna go??"

"I need to go shopping. The babies need diapers and we need groceries."

"Sounds perfect."

Calum sat up and watched hazel do her makeup. "God this hangover is so bad, I really need a burrito."

"You can stay here if you want."

"Nah I'll take some meds and get a burrito and be okay."

They got to the mall pretty quickly since there wasn't much traffic and cal followed hazel to the baby store. They ended up meeting a few fans in the store and cal recorded a small video for some girl's daughter. The next store they went in was a dress store and hazel tried on a bunch

"That dress makes you look-" Cal stopped. He didn't want to make hazel feel like he just wanted her for her body but if he was honest she looked very sexy in it...

"Look what?" She looked down at herself

"Nothing...."

"Tell me..."

"You'll get mad..."

She sighed and walked into the changing room. When she got out she said she wasn't hungry and then put the dress back on the hanger. Cal teared up and watched her walk out of the store. They sat down at the food court and hazel looked at cal

"Tell me what you were gonna say while I was in that dress. Please, I won't get mad."

Cal looked down. "I was gonna say you look sexy..."

It was quiet for a good long time. But after about five minutes hazel spoke up,

"Fuck me..." he looked at her. "Please....w-we can go to the bathrooms...." Calum nodded and they walked to the bathrooms.

"Are you sure?" Hazel locked the door.

"I'm sure."

"Won't it-"

"Just do it."

"But-"

"Fucks sake!" She walked out of the bathroom.

"Hazel!" She turned and looked at Calum. "I will I just wanted to be sure."

"You're doing it cuz you feel bad."

"What do I have to feel bad for?"

"Forget it..." Hazel looked down

"Baby please..."

"We should go get the kids..."

"We have til three."

"But I wanna get them now."

"We don't have to tho..."

They ended up picking the kids up from mikes house anyway. When they got home cal sat on the porch while hazel went inside to take care of the babies....