Chapter sixteen

"DADDY!" Issac ran and crashed into cals legs. Hazel and Issac had come first thing that day to see Calum who had just gotten out of group counseling. He was dressed in a green hoodie and rolled up grey sweatpants. He looked a mess.

Hazel was wearing skinny blue jeans and a black top and Issac wore a tee shirt and some little jeans.

They all talked and snuggled on cals bed which actually now that hazel and Issac were here didn't seem so hard and uncomfortable as it had last night. That's the effect hazel had in the world, a sweet, soft, happy, joyful type of vibe that seemed to radiate off everything she looked at.

The moments were often broken up by Calum running too the bathroom to throw up or....yeah....but yk that's what happened with heroin withdrawal.

"I'm so proud of you." Hazel took Calums hand and held it tightly in hers while Issac watched paw patrol on his ipad.

"Yeah?" Cal blushes and looked at her. Good lord she was pretty. So he kissed her, he kissed her so deeply and tangled his fingers in her hair and soaked her in like sunshine. He loved her. He loved her so so much. So he told her so, "I love you."

Unfortunately, too soon for Calum, it was time for hazel and Issac to go. Apparently they were gonna go hang out with Ashton. It was hard for cal to accept that Ashton was still part of hazels life and the fact that he was allowed to put his lying dirty son of a bitch ass motherfucking hands on his baby was even worse...

"Don't go!" Cal stopped them before they walked out the door. "Please don't go!"

"Baby, visiting hours are nearly up anyway we gotta get going.."

"Please don't...I-I can't sleep without you..."

Hazel nodded and crawled on the bed and told issac to get in as well. She told Calum that she loves him so dearly and that this was good for him. She said it was all gonna be okay and that as soon as he was home everything would be back to better and it would all be okay. Calum sat with her in his arms and wondered about the future.

Would they have more kids? Would they send Issac to school or teach him at home? Would they ever move anywhere else? What color do you think Issac will paint his room when he's older? Would he ever get 100% better? Would things stay this beautiful from now on? Would they ever get married...? Would Issac get a girlfriend or be gay or maybe even trans? Either way cal would love him just the same. Maybe they would have a little girl one day! What would they name her? Maybe Annie or Lilith? Calum liked those names a lot. Maybe they would get a dog or a cat or both! Maybe Issac would want a hamster one day.

———

Later that night the boys came to see Calum except he wasn't exactly in the mood to see ashton or Luke for that matter. Earlier cal and hazel had tried to have sex again and she has brought up Luke and the fact that they fucked back in high school. Why tf she would even bring that up and ruin the mood? Calum had no idea.

When the boys got there cal was locked in the bathroom.

"Open the door Calum." Mike said while trying to open the door.

"No I don't want to."

Luke spoke up. "Hazel and I were a one time thing Calum." cal guessed that hazel had told Luke that He knew

"Leave me alone Luke." The boys continued to talk outside of the door and Calum grew increasingly angry. So he opened the door and punched Luke in the face as hard as he could and then he slammed his fist into Ashton's jaw. "LEAVE ME ALONE! GET OUT OF HERE!"

"C'mon Guys. He's just mad that he finally found out his kid isn't his." They all walked out and Calum screamed and threw a vase at the wall and watched it shatter onto the floor.

He didn't rlly know what the hell he was supposed to think. I'm the midst of the fight Luke had said the words "you know he's not yours? Hazel always liked to sleep around"

That had to be a lie. That was a big fat goddamn lie....right?

So cal FaceTimed hazel and when she answered he asked "is he really mine?"

"Issac?" She looked confused.

"Yeah ofc who else..."

Issac ran to the phone "DADDY!"

"Ofc he's yours Calum look at him!" Issac whined and grabbed the phone.

"Okay...I'm sorry, the boys just had be freaked out..." Calum was sincere. He felt bad for assuming the boys were correct but was glad he asked first before getting too mad. "I love you..."

"I love you too!"

"I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!" Issac yelled into the phone and then started jumping on the couch.

Cal realized that it didn't matter about hazels past or his own past or their past. They were his family and he loved them for that. He loved them no matter what Bc they saved him.

———

"You should make music again when you get out of here." It had been three weeks and hazel and Issac were visiting like they did every day.

"I dunno...it's been a hard so I probably won't be good."

"Ofc it will be good!!" Hazel looked over and saw Issac asleep on the bed. She looked at Calum "maybe we could...."

Cal smiled and nodded. He picked hazel up, carried her to the bathroom, and set her on the counter, then he watched as she removed her leggings.

Calum wanted to touch her and to feel her but all of a sudden thoughts of Luke touching her like that popped into his head and he froze. He couldn't shake those thoughts at all as much as he wanted to.

"W-whats wrong cal?" Cal looked up. He didn't wanna tell her and ruin the mood

"Nothing." He smiled.

"Are you sure?" Hazel closed her legs a bit. It seemed that the mood had already died....fuck.

Calum nodded but it must not have very convincing because once he reached to touch her she moved away.

"I'll take care of it...."

Fucking shit. Cal was angry. He stormed out of the room and out of the rehab facility. This was so unfair to him...

Meanwhile hazel looked in he mirror. "No wonder he didn't wanna do anything...." she pinched her stomach and looked over all her stretch marks from when she was pregnant. Not fair...

That day ended with cal being sad and laying lonely in his bed and hazel holding back tears as she took a shower. Hopefully this would all resolve once cal was home again