Chapter twenty three

-a few months later-

"Calum!" Hazel shook Calum awake

"Hmmm?" He rolled over and opened one eye.

"My water broke!" She sat up. Calum flipped out.

"What do I do!?"

"Grab issac and my overnight bag." Calum nodded and then scrambled to grab everything. He woke issac and took him downstairs and then realized he was still in just his boxers.

"Goddamnit!" He rushes upstairs and got dressed in sweats and a tee shirt.

They all eventually got in the car and drove to the hospital. A couple of nurses helped them get settled in a room.

"Calum i dont know if-" Calum kissed her lips.

"You've got this."

———

"They're so beautiful..." Calum stood looking at his two new beautiful babies. His little boy, cj, and his little girl, Alice. They were gorgeous. His heart filled with love as he touched Alices' little cheek, it was so soft and sweet. Cal walked over to hazel with both the babies in his arms and handed them to her, then he went and found issac and took him to meet his new baby siblings. "What do you think bud?"

"She's pretty.." he pointed at Alice.

"She really is." Hazel smiles sleepily.

Issac thought for a moment and then looked at cal. "Can I have blue hair?"

Without hesitation cal answered "heck yeah!"

"And you too daddy!!!"

"Me!?"

Hazel piped in, "you'll look really good...."

"Okay I will!" Issac squealed.

"Now I need sleep before we get home so will you please take the kids and put them in the cots???" Cal nodded and took them one by one and tucked them in. The second he looked over hazel was knocked out and drooling on her pillow. Cal and Issac crawled into the bed and cuddled her and each other.

All of a sudden the twins started crying at almost exactly the same time. In order not to make hazel get up Calum got up and picked up his baby boy. He bounced him and sang softly for a moment. That's all it took for cj to fall back asleep and cal repeated the process with Alice. As cal got back to he bed there was a knock on the door and in walked Michael

"Hey.." he whispered.

Ca sighed. "Hi..."

"Is she doing okay?" Cal nodded.

"Did she know you were coming?" Michael nodded. "Oh we have to ask you-"

"We?"

"The boys.." cal looked away. "We have to ask you something" Calum looked back at mike with the most stern face he could have pulled and said 'no' "no?" Michael asked.

"Yeah no...you can't ask me." Mike just sighed and looked at hazel. Calum also looked at hazel. She was still dead asleep.

"She sleeps through anything." Michael chuckled lightly.

"Yeah she does.."

It was quiet for a moment. Then Michael said something unexpected.

"We miss you man..."

Cal looked up quickly. "You miss me?"

"Yeah..." he nodded. "The band isn't the same without our bass player."

"You don't have someone else?" Cal had expected them to have replaced him.

"No one half as good at you." Michael looked at Issac who was watching paw patrol on cals phone. "I sense he's gonna be like you."

"A druggie who runs from all his problems? I hope to god he isn't.."

"you aren't like that, you're talented and you fight for what you want, you never give up no matter how bad or tough things get. You are loyal to the one you love."

"I used to be better..."

"calum look at you, you've got 3 kids and a girlfriend who's wanting you marry you. It doesn't get much better than that!"

"She doesn't want to marry me." Or maybe cal didn't wanna marry her....how was he supposed to know that right now...

mike shrugged "hm then why was she in a jewellers with crystal a couple weeks ago trying on rings" he smirked

"Lies."

"It's not."

"Why should I believe anything you say?"

"Because at the end of the day we're still friends." Calum just sighed and stayed quiet. He had lost all them as friends when they lied to him over and over again about so many things in his life. "Plus hazel keeps us up to date about so many things"

"Like what?" Mike shrugged.

"Just a bunch of things." Calum once again didn't say anything. "the guys and i are playing a gig on saturday we were wondering if maybe you'd come? be our bass player again?"

"I haven't played in years...."

"I bet you've still got it."

"Probably not." Cal looked at haze and grabbed her hand.

"try, let us know." He smiled. "i know hazel would go, she's always been our biggest fan"

"I don't even own a bass anymore..."

"You sure about that?" Cal gave Michael a look saying 'I'm pretty damn sure'. "Hazel has always been good at hiding things." He smirked. Calum shook his head. "what?"

"I guess I just don't know what to believe."

Michael just nodded as hazel started to wake up. Calum announced that he was gonna go downstairs to grab a snack from the cafeteria but Michael ended up leaving first so he decided he had no reason to go seeing as he was actually not hungry.

"Is Michael okay?" Hazel asked. Calum shrugged.

"He seemed fine."

Hazel sat up. "What's wrong?"

"Uh.....do you have a bass?"

"I have all your basses calum, i kept it all from your tours to ones you had when you were younger. Why?"

"You...kept them??" She nodded. "How come?"

"They mean a lot to you."

"But I wasn't around."

"I know..." they both went quiet for a bit. "What did you think I did with them."

"I don't know, I assumed maybe you gave them away or sold them...they'd be worth a lot."

"they are but they don't mean as much to the person i would've sold them too.. to me and you they have more memories"

Calum just nodded. "Wow..."

"I'm sorry...."

"For what?"

"I don't know....maybe you wanted me to sell them."

"No I'm glad you kept them."

"Are got gonna play again?"

Ca shrugged. "Michael asked me too...but probably not..."

"Why not"

"I don't have the best history with the boys, Hazel."

"Right...I'm sorry..." cal just nodded and looked down. "It was dumb idea."

"It wasn't your idea." Hazel stayed quiet. "What?"

"It was my idea..."