chapter eight

Cal sat and waiting in a little coffee shop for hazel to show up. It would be nice to see her again so they could talk. There was way to goddamn much to talk about. Soon the little bell rang and cal looked up and saw hazel looking absolutely stunning in a little blue dress. She wore her hair down and it was wavy and bouncy and Calum just wanted to run his fingers through it like he used to.

"Hey...you look amazing..." cal greeted her as she sat down. She smiled softly and thanked him. "How'd you sleep?"

"Okay...I was really excited about getting too meet up since it's just us and not our kid."

Calum nodded. "Yeah...just us."

"It won't be like this often, Issac is very attached to me, it's hard to leave him with anybody these days. I bet you'd love to hang out with him sometime! He's just like you!" Cal sat and half listened to her talk about the kid. "And I just still can't believe we have a kid! After all the times you put it off and now we have a little boy!" Oh god

"Yeah..it's great..." can't even go one date without talking about the kid? That's just great...

She looked down. "You don't sound too happy about it....i-I know it's a big shock but you'll love him once you know him." Cal just nodded as hazel took out her phone and started flipping through some pictures of Issac at the beach wearing little swim trunks and a matching hat. "He's got your smile that's for sure."

"Sure." Cal just sat there pretending he wasn't fuming over this whole thing. Was he supposed to just agree that this was his child and just accept that he was a father now? Wasn't gonna happen.

Hazel frowned and put her phone away. "You don't like him do you..."

"That's not the case.." it Lowkey kinda was.

"Then what is the case?"

"I was hoping to just talk and catch up without your kid being involved."

"Well I can't just leave him out of things because you don't like him." She rolled her eyes

"Well he's not here now so can we just pretend that- let's just talk about something else okay?" Hazel didn't say anything. She just looked down. She didn't understand why this was hard for calum. Just love his kid. That's all he had to do. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea....we've changed too much..." by that he meant that SHE had changed in ways he could hardly begin to get used to.

Hazel stood up and grabbed her things. "I'm sorry.." Calum sat there silent with his head in his hands and hazel sat down next to him and pulled him close. It was familiar. But there was something different. She wasn't as warm as she used to be....

"12 years...." Calum thought out loud.

"It was an awful long time."

"It was...." Calum sat up and looked at hazel. "And you threw it all in the trash." Hazel let go and backed up a little.

"Don't do this to me."

"We can't work again hazel. We can't."

"We can't because you need to learn to own up to things! I was so close to giving Issac up for you! I knew you wouldn't have wanted him and I would have blown my chances at making up with you and I was right! But I'm glad I kept my baby! At least he holds the good part of you that you seemed to have let go of!"

"You think I'm just gonna be okay with finding out the love of my life had a child and didn't tell me!?"

"I told you that you were drunk when we all tried to tell you!" Cal didn't answer. Hazel placed a few bills on the table. "Here. Get yourself some coffee. You might as well." She got up and grabbed her stuff again.

"I..." she turned to listen. "I missed you so bad. I missed YOU. I didn't get with anyone else because you're all I could think about! I missed you but this was all too much to take in! And he's not my kid because you can't have kids and we're on the pill unless you kept up your lying streak and lied about both of those things as well!"

Tears formed in hazels eyes and she stared at Calum in disbelief. "You know there was only a very small chance of me even getting pregnant let alone carrying our baby to full term. He made it to 28 weeks Calum. 28! He almost died. I didn't get to hold him for months. I didn't take the pill because I thought for sure I'd never get pregnant. But Issac is yours just as much as he is mine, Calum."

"HES NOT MINE!"

She flinched and wipes her face and begged Calum to stop yelling.

Calum didn't think about what he did next, he just let his body do what it did. His lips connected his hazels like a magnet and he felt sparks go off in his chest. He held her face and kissed her as deeply as he could. And hazel let him.

Then he pulled away and walked out the cafe without another word and slammed the door behind him.

Calum didn't get very far tho when there was a small hand on his arm and a small voice saying his name. He turned to see hazel staring up at him with big puppy-like eyes.

"He's yours okay..."

"Okay..." Calum was done fighting again with her. He wanted to go home and let her be happy.

"Wanna come see him? We could go to my house for a bit...?

He sighed. "Sure."

They walked together to hazels friends house where they were gonna pick up Issac. Cal thought. This wasn't his kid even if he had his blood or genes or whatever else you give to a child when you have one. He wasn't calums kid. There was no way.