Chapter twenty six

"We gotta be quick!" Issac squealed with excitement and Calum unbuckled him. They ran inside and quick as they could they got froyo and sat to eat it. They are fast as they could and Calum yelled "BRAIN FREEZE!" Issacs cracked up and so did Calum.

Cal needed this. He really needed it more than he wanted to admit. They finished as quick as they could and then headed back to the car and got it.

"Remember don't tell mommy!" Issac giggled and nodded and they drove back to the hospital  They cleaned off and went upstairs to the room and when they went in hazel was still up and waiting for them.

Issac would not sleep. He was energetic as hell and just wanted to dance.

"He had sugar didn't he."

"Just a milkshake..."

"Issac did you have froyo?" Issac nodded and laughed and cal facepalmed. It took ages to get him to calm down and go to bed and hazel was livid.

"I'm sorry hazel." Cal apologized as they laid in bed together.

"Don't ever do that again, are we clear?"

"Babe.."

"Are we clear Calum?" Cal nodded and hazel closed her eyes to go to sleep.

He couldn't sleep that night. There was just too much on my mind. Sometime around 2 in the morning Alice woke up crying and cal got up and picked her up. Instead of staying in the room he went out to the hallway and rocked her til she went back to sleep and even when she was he didn't wanna go back to bed, so he didn't.

"Cal?" He heard a voice from in the room. It was hazel.

"Yeah?"

"Come here..." he turned around and walked back into the room. "I need to ask you something..."

"Okay."

"I need to borrow some money..."

"For what?" Hazel tried to answer but just ended up looking down. "Spit it out."

"I can't tell you....."

"Why the hell not?"

"I just cant...just please can I have like 100 dollars?"

"I gotta know why first."

"I can't..." she went and wrapped her arms around his neck. Cal stepped away from her.

"Not unless you tell me."

"Cal don't be difficult."

"I'm not being difficult."

"Then please just let me borrow some money."

"no hazel. What is so secret that I can't know about it and what is so important that you have to ask about it at 2 in the morning??"

"It'll be sold out!" Cal sighed and seeing the look in hazels eyes agreed to lend her the money. "Don't worry, you'll love it. Don't be angry..."

"I'm not baby."

"Kiss?"  Cal nodded and kissed her. "It's your birthday."

"It's not my birthday yet!"

Hazel smirked. "We can pretend."

"Pretend it's my birthday??" 

She nodded and put her hands on his hips and then she slid her soft hands into his sweatpants. "You know what I mean....." Calum gulped and nodded and then hazel kissed his lips. "Go outside..."

"Yes ma'am!" Cal went out to the hallway.

"No....like outside outside."

"The kids..."

"I'm staying here, you're going outside."

"You're not coming with me?" She just winked and walked back into the room. "Hazel??" She popped her head or the door.

"Go to your car." Calum rolled his eyes and smiled and went down to his car. Sitting in the passenger seat was a contract with a record deal. Calum picked it up and stared at it.

"Fuck!" Cal put his hands on his head and looked around smiling wider than ever. Hazel, who was watching from the window smiled and laid back in her bed while cal held the papers and read over them again and again.

He got back up to the room a few minutes later and went over and hugged hazel tighter than ever.

"What do you think of your present?"

"You're amazing." He said through tears.

The next morning hazel was free to go home so they grabbed everything and left. On the car ride back Calum started to doubt that he could be a musician again...it had been so damn long since he even picked up a guitar let alone play one. His voice was probably shitty by now and he just figured he wouldn't be able to make it happen even with the already agreed upon record deal

"I don't think I can do it...."

"What?" Hazel asked. She was genuinely confused.

"What if I'm not as good..."

She shook her head. "Baby you're amazing you're gonna do great."

"I don't think I can even play anymore.."

"Baby you can do this! I believe in you!" Her smile seemed to fix everything. It made everything so much easier.

"I-I'll give it my best go."

hazel smiled and pecked his lips. "okay, now let's get us home then you can get hurry up to the studio" Calum nodded

They made it home and cal went upstairs to take a hot shower and change into something more fitting. But none of his baggy tee shirts and jeans were cutting it. These people would be looking for someone professional but also chill and cal was actually neither of those things recently but yk what they say, fake it til you make it.

"HAZEL!"

"Yeah?" She answered and walked up the stairs into the room where Calum was standing in his jeans in front of the mirror.

"What do I wear!?"

Hazel giggled and walked over to him, placed a kiss on his cheek., and then went over to the closet. "I'll get you something."

Cal sat on the bed and not a moment later hazel handed him an outfit that consisted of black jeans (the ones he had on were blue), a black tee shirt and a red denim jacket to go over it. "What if I can't do it..?" He asked while changing his jeans. When his jeans were on he sat on the bed

Hazel sat down straddling his lap "shut up, you're gonna be amazing and all the fans are gonna love you" she leaned up and kissed his lips softly.

"Do you think they'll remember me much?"

"Of course they will!" Cal put their foreheads together. In a soft whispering voice hazel said she loved him. And Calum said he loved her more