Chapter ten

Cal was sitting at his house that night smoking and trying to forget she ever existed. But trying to completely erase your high school career and the fact that you now have a child is a pretty hard thing to do. In fact it was turning out to be nearly impossible.

There was a knock at the door and cal groaned and got up to open it and when he did he saw that Issac was standing on his front porch. The little boy waved and cal, confused as fucking fuck, looked around for hazel.

"Where's your mom?"

"Away." He sucked on his small thumb.

"Oh....well....you stay here and I'll call her." He called hazel but she didn't answer. He just kept calling till she eventually picked up the phone.

"Hurt him and I'll kill you." She answered

"Come get him."

"Nope. It's your turn to take him."

"I don't think so." Calum clenched his fists In anger. "Come get your fucking kid."

"No." And then she hung up. Calum had no idea what the fuck to do. Issac complained that it was cold and Calum just called hazel back again. She didn't answer.

"Dada I'm cold..." Issac complained again.

"My name is cal not dada." Said cal as he brought Issac inside and told him to sit on the couch. Cal texted hazel: 'come get your fucking kid hazel I'm not doing this, I never asked for this. He won't be fine if you leave him here and for everyone's sake you best come pick him the hell up'

And hazel texted back: 'I'm on my way, asshat'

Calum sighed and Issac spoke. "Mama cry..."

"Yeah?" Cal sat on the couch next to him

He nodded. "She keeps you beside her in da bed."

"Oh"

"She said you get ridded of alll da baddy dweams"

"Well that's good..."

"She says 'cally cally wa wa whyyyyy' evewy night." He put on a silly voice to try and sound like his crying mom And before cal could answer there was a knock on the door. Cal sighed in relief and yelled that it was open and in walked hazel.

"Thanks for nothing." She practically spat while taking Issac by the hand and dragging him out the front door.

"I've tried! But you can't just drop him off and pretend it'll all be fine!"

"I have bills to pay! I was taking extra shifts to make up for it all! You've ruined everything!"

"You can't just drop him off with someone who doesn't want him!" They both froze. Hazels heart sank and so did cals if he was honest. He never mean to say that. "I-I'm sorry....I..I really didn't mean to-"

"No it was perfectly clear." She grabbed all her stuff. "I know not to fucking leave him with you ever again. You don't fucking want him. And if you even show up at my house asking to see him I will shove my fist so far down your fucking punk throat!! C'mon Issac we're going.."

"I'm willing to learn with him but you won't hear me out!!"

"You don't want him. You just admitted to it! Goodbye Calum..."

"I- yeah...goodbye...."

She left and Calum sat down on his couch with his head in his hands. He really was the worst. How could he say that....he was a horrible horrible horrible human being. Forget the word dad. Forget the word boyfriend, or whatever he was to hazel. Just the word human would do. Horrible human. Horrible horrible human. A horrible brother, a horrible son, a horrible friend, a horrible-

There was suddenly something, or someone rather, clinging to his leg. It was Issac again. Hazel ran in after him.

"He...he doesn't wanna leave Calum....he wants you...." she sighed. "Will you watch him tonight...? just for tonight....I'll be back in the morning...please cal..." she looked tired and sad and scared. So Calum nodded.

"His stuff....does he have any stuff...?

Hazel answered. "Just let him wear one of your big shirts to bed...it'll be big but he'll enjoy it..give him a normal cup but help him use it. Something soft for breakfast...eggs or yogurt or something. And here's some diapers." She handed cal a bag with diapers and wipes and stuff inside it.

"O-okay...." hazel thanked cal a bunch of times, kisses her son on the forehead and said goodbye to him, and left closing the door behind her.

Issac looked at cal with the biggest grin on his face. Cal cracked a small smile, you can't really help it when looking at a kid so....so cute...

"My bed?" The small boy asked.

"I'll show got the guest room." Cal started walking and Issac followed along.

"Sweep wif me!" He grabbed onto cals hand and jumped around excitedly

"Well...I'm not actually used to sleeping with anyone so...so I can't..." cal nervously said. Issac frowned. "What time do you go to sleep?" He shrugged and wondered off and found cals shirts and went though them.

Calum called hazel. "Hey..."

"Hey is he okay?"

"Yeah..." he walked into his room and sighed at the mess off teeshirts. "What time does he go to bed?"

"Around 8:30. Also you'll need to sleep with him."

Cal made a face even tho hazel couldn't see it. "Not gonna happen..."

"Cal please...h-he gets night terrors and needs someone to hold him so he doesn't hurt himself..."

"I can't. I'll just stay in the room or something but not sleep with him."

"Cal please I'm begging you!" Calum sighed and hung up as Issac walked over and handed cal the shirt he had picked.

"Dis one!!!"

"Okay..." cal started picking up the mess. Issac Laid down on the floor and looked up at cal with familiar puppy-like eyes. "What?"

"Put on me."

Calum rolled his eyes and got down on the floor and put the shirt on Isaac. Issac than proceeded to try and climb on cals bed but it was too big for his tiny self to get on.

"Up." He stood on his little tippy toes again and cal remembered how he used to constantly get on his tippy toes as a child.

"I'll go get a stool." He walked to the bathroom, got a step stool and set it next to the bed. Unfortunately this was still too short for little Issac who ended up getting frustrated and whining for his mother. Calum did the next best thing and grabbed a chair from the kitchen. The chair was high enough so that Issac could use the stool to get onto the chair and then from the chair onto the bed.

Issac snuggled into the pillows and giggled and cal found himself wanting to be closer to him...so he crawled onto the bed next to Issac who immediately cuddled up next to cal.

"Nighty." Issac grabbed cals shirt in his fist and clung to him and fell asleep. And now that Calum got a good look at the kid he saw a lot of himself. He saw himself from the moment he laid eyes on Issac if he was completely honest but would he ever admit that to himself? Probably not.