Chapter nineteen

"You okay in there?"

It had been a few short months and cal and hazel had been trying and trying and trying. They really wanted another baby. Calum really wanted another baby. Today hazel was taking a pregnancy test like she had once a week for 3 months straight. Every singe week for 3 months the tests were negative. And every single time hazel cried into cals chest again. This time he was ready with his arms ready to hold her close while she cried.

"Hazel are you okay?" He knocked on the door and it slowly opened. Hazel stood there holding the test in her hand. "Baby it's okay we'll keep try-"

"I'm pregnant...." she smiled softly but her face still looked in shock as tho she didn't believe it. Cal looked at her shocked for a second and then bursted into tears and pulled her close hugging her tightly.

"W-we're having a baby!" Cal said loudly and hazel nodded. They kissed for a long time softly and passionately and excitedly. It was all so perfect and after so long of trying and failing and trying again it was so damn rewarding.

"Should I tell issac?" Cal shook his head.

"Wait til it's safe....b-because if something happens...ya know?"

She nodded. "Three months then?" Calum also nodded.

After a few minutes they both went downstairs to see issac and make him some breakfast. They ate and then decided they were gonna go to Michael's house which cal was hesitant about but he went.

"Hey guys!" Michael opened the door. Crystal was finishing up wiping counters in the kitchen as they walked inside. They all sat on the couch together.

"Hey cal why don't we go sit outside?" Crystal asked. Cal looked at hazel and then back at crystal.

"Yeah...sure..." he was terrified that she was gonna say something awful about him and hazel. Everyone else had. Everyone else had put ideas into his head and he was tired of it. He clung to hazels hand for a good minute and then headed outside with crystal.

She looked at him. "Hey.."

"Hey.."

"You okay?" Cal nodded. "How are you and hazel?"

Cal cracked a small smile at the mention of her. "Perfect."

"She was nervous when you got back from rehab. What about babies, she said you were trying to have a baby, how's that going??"

"It's going." Cal smiled a bit again

After a bit of silence she sighed and spoke again. "It's a shame about you two."

Cal was confused. "What?"

"The baby. That's such a shame." Cal just got more confused. "She was pregnant before you went to rehab.....you didn't know!?" Cal shook his head.

"I am so sorry!" Crystal freaked out a bit apologizing.

"Do you have a bathroom I can use?" She told him where it was and he rushed off and locked the door. He stared at himself in the mirror. Why did all he ever get was news about crap he didn't know. It's not fair. Why was he always in the dark. Why didn't she tell him...

Eventually Calum decided to go down and sit next to hazel. As close as he possibly could. He held onto her arm and stayed quiet. She sighed and took Calum outside

"What's wrong love?"

"I don't wanna talk about it....because things are okay...right?" She nodded.

"Ofc they are...is everything okay?"

Calum sighed. "Were you pregnant before I left for rehab..?"

Hazel nodded and looked down. "it- it was an accident... remember how we had sex before you left? yeah that's when. I lost the baby though. There was some complications and the baby wouldn't have survived for more than a day. I knew it would hurt less"

Cal stayed quiet for a moment. "Why didn't you tell me...?"

"I didn't wanna upset you...I'm sorry..." cal shrugged.

"It's okay...."

"we have a little one on the way, okay? let's focus on that one and our little issac."

Calum nodded but he was tired of finding out things from everyone else. It was so unfair that everyone else in the world seemed to know the ins and outs of his relationship and he didn't. Hazel kissed him and he kinda kissed back but not as much as normal.

"I should go inside..." cal sighed and hazel went to go inside.

"Wait! Don't leave me again!"

"Calum...." she walked back over to him. "Cal this isn't good....we aren't good.."

"Don't say that!" Calum bursted into tears "we are fine!!" Hazel flinched and cal pulled her close only to have her pull away. "Please hazel I can't do this again! I won't!"

hazel looked at him "i know..." she sniffled. "calum don't you ever think that sometimes people just don't belong together and that there's just one thing keeping us together which is issac."

"Don't say that!"

"but it's the truth!" tears fell down her face and she sighed sadly. "calum i love you but this... this isn't healthy and you and i know it"

"Stop it! Just for once..." he wiped his eyes. "For once just believe that bruises don't mean broken!"

hazel sat on the step. "calum i've tried and so have you for years to make this work. It doesn't work, not at all! We always argue, we-we arent high school sweethearts anymore and i'm sorry to break it to you!"

"That's not true!"

"Prove that to me!" He went to kiss her but was stopped. "With real love...without all the kisses and sex...show me that you really love me."

"Do I not show you that every single day?"

She sighed. "I don't know....you just kinda...always want me to yourself." Cal furrowed his eyebrows. "Would you let me stay at Ashton's if I needed or wanted to?" Cal nodded. "Would got let me stay the night alone..."

"Why would you need to do that?"

"It's hypothetical. Would you?"

"Yes." Cal looked down at her.

"Then I'm gonna stay with Ashton tonight." She smirked a little bit.

"You said it was hypothetical!!" She just shrugged and handed cal the keys to the house. "Why!?"

"I'll be back home tomorrow Calum." She walked off leaving cal standing there confused and more scared then he had ever been.

"Guess we can't ever talk about anything anymore...." Cal whispered to himself.

Cal sat down on the porch steps with his head in his hands. Then he heard a little voice behind him. "Daddy?" He looked back at Issac

"I wanna go home."

He nodded and picked Issac up. "Okay bud..."

Issac wanted a grilled cheese so they headed home as quick as they could.

But when they got home hazel was there. And she ran over and hugged cal. "I'm so so sorry." He hugged her as tightly as he could. She apologized over and over again but Calum didn't care. She had been forgiven since she left because cal loved her too much to hate her.