Chapter nine

"MAMA!!!!!" Issac ran over to hazel and lifted his arms up and stood on his tippy toes. She lifted him onto her hip and thanked her friend and the three of them, Hazel Issac and Calum walked to the park and sat down on a bench.

"Wanna hold him?" Hazel asked. Calum shook his head

"No I'm okay...."

"Pretty please??" She pouted and Issac looked at his mom and copied her.

"No thank you." There was no way Calum would ever hold a child ever again. Didn't matter if it was his own. Didn't matter to him.

Issac pointed to cal. "Him!" Hazel shook her head and held her child who then started to throw a tantrum. She set the small boy down and he rolled around crying. For the next few minutes she tried to calm Issac but he wasn't having any of it.

Hazel sighed. "Cal if you're not gonna help please just go home." Go home?? After SHE begged him to stay??

Calum sighed as well. "Fine whatever...I'm here aren't I? I'm trying." He shrugged. "But I'll leave if it'll make you happy." He turned and walked away. God nothing he did was gonna be good enough for her anymore.

Hazel sat down on the ground with Issac. "It's okay bud...he's gone and he's not coming back..." Issac grabbed her face. "But that's okay right. We don't need him. We're a team right? Just you and me." She smiled and kissed his forehead.

Issac pointed to cals back as he walked away. "He sad mama..."

So hazel stood up with her baby in her arms and caught up to Calum.

"Come on cal..." She took his arms and positioned them so he could hold Issac.

And cal flipped out

"No!! I can't hold him hazel!" Issac wrapped his arms around cal and clung on. "No I can't hold you!" Hazel stepped away and cal quickly put Issac on the floor. "I can't hold him, okay!" Issac held his arms up and cal shook his head. Cal watched as Issac started crying and held his arms up to hazel who picked him up immediately.

Calum sighed and stepped away from them as hazel spoke to her kid. "Wanna go see your best buddy Michael??"

Issac lit up. "And wuke!!!"

Cal spoke. "You kept in touch with my friends?"

"T-they're my friends too..." Cal threw his hands up in disbelief and turned around to leave. "Fine....w-we don't need you..."

"Those lying pricks...." cal sighed

"Those 'lying pricks' were the only people who were there for me!"

"They straight up told me they lost all contact with you!! Yk what, living in the same goddamn town as all of you is the worst thing I can be doing!"

She frowned. "Yeah.....it is...just go be somewhere else...somewhere that we aren't!" Calum turned and went to leave again. "All you had to do was fucking hold him!!"

Cal turned again. "I can't!!"

"Why not?"

"Because I can't!"

"But why?!"

"I DROPPED MY NIECE!" Calum hated thinking about it. He hated saying that. He hated hearing the words come out of his mouth. It was all an accident. But now Mali wouldn't talk to him anymore.

Hazel sighed and walked over to cal and attempted to have him hold Issac again

"Do not make me hold your kid again hazel!"

"Our kid." She placed Issac in cals arms

"Your kid!" He put the baby down.

"Dropping him would hurt less than this cal....his own dad doesn't wanna hold him.."

"I will kill him!! I will. Kill. Him!" Hazel tried to put Issac back in cals arms again.

"You're all he wants right now..."

"NO HAZEL!!" But Issac was clinging to cals shirt so he couldn't get him off but eventually he put him down.

"You said you saw us with a kid...I miss that Calum...you're not the guy I fell in love with..."

"I can't hold him and if that's a dealbreaker than leave me alone."

"You said you'd hold our baby every night. You said you'd never wanna let go. Now you're begging me to get him out of your sight.." she picked Issac up and turned to walk away.

"I didn't say to get him out of my sight! You're twisting my words! You always do that!!" Cal half expected hazel to walk over and try to put Issac in his arms again but she just kept walking away until neither of them could be seen again. Well great....there she goes again. Who knows if he'd ever see her again.

Hazel went over to mikes house to meet with the rest of the boys. They talked while Issac played with his toys.

"So...he was mad at us?" Michael questioned after hazel told them the story.

"Yeah...you guys told him you weren't in contact with me?"

"We we're afraid it would cause problems." He sighed. "Guess it did that anyway....it was my idea..."

"It's okay mike...you helped me when no one else did...too bad we can't get rid of who his dad is." Issac perked up and looked around

"Dada!?"

Luke spoke next. "So he just wouldn't hold him??"

Hazel picked Issac up. "Yeah."

"Well maybe he could help with other things. He could sit on the floor and play with him. Maybe he doesn't need to hold him yet."

"Well yeah but I would wanna see him hold his child...and what if something happened to me? And I KNOW Issac would wanna be held by his dad...."

Mike spoke. "Baby steps, Hazel."

Hazel shook her head. "No. I don't need him or his bullshit. He always blames me and never blames himself. He's the reason our relationship went all shit! He kept staying with Ashton when things went bad instead of helping me through stuff! He was drunk out of his skull when we tried to say his son had been born!"

"We know that hazel...but I'm sure he would try his best if you let him."

"No he had his chances!"

Hazel knew in the deepest part of her heart that no matter how much she "hated" Calum, she missed him. she wished he would make it easier to hate him