Chapter fourteen

Calum slept in the bed with Issac that night upon issacs request and the next morning they got up and hazel made breakfast for Issac. She then went to wake up the boys and Issac ran downstairs and as he was out of their hair for at least the next twenty minutes....

Hazel straddled cals lap and kisses his jaw and left little kisses all the way down to his neck. Eventually they found their way to hazels bed and layer back just kissing and moaning and stripping and touching until they were naked and cal was on top of hazel.

"F-fuck me...." they both had butterflies as if it was the first time. In fact neither of them had done it since they did it with each other. So it was almost like a virgin kinda rush since it had been so long.

"Ofc baby....but you have to be-" cals sentence was cut short when there was suddenly a little voice at the end of the bed.

"Mama?" Cal threw the covers over them and hazel sat up quickly pulling the covers up to hide her breasts.

"Y-Yeah monkey?" Both Calum and hazel were red in the face.

"Sywip fo my waffa....."

"I'll get it..." cal grabbed his boxers and threw them on quickly under the covers and kissed hazels cheek. "I'll be back. Just please don't change your mind..."

She shook her head. "I won't. Go take care of your son." She chuckled and laid back.

Calum got up and took Issac by the band and lead him down the stairs to the kitchen. He grabbed Issac his syrup from the fridge and watched him pour a very large amount of it on his waffles.

"Issac...I'm gonna go have mommy and daddy time with mommy okay..?" Issac nodded and cal rushed back up the stairs to hazel.

"Okay I'm back let's-"

"Cuddle." She looked at cal.

He sighed. "You changed your mind didn't you?"

Hazel shook her head. "I just took care of myself that's all." She opened her arms wide for cal to crawl into. "Come cuddle me."

So without saying anything Calum crawled into the bed and laid down. He stared at the ceiling trying to think about anything other than hazel touching herself or the fact that hazels boobs were as close to his face at they currently were. Not that he was angry as Issac but...what a cock block.

They cuddled for a while. Then hazel said I love you. She said I love you and Calum froze. Love never worked out for him. Love wasn't a positive thing in his life. He used to say I love you and you saw how that all turned out. There's no way he could say it back and mean it and you don't say something like that if you don't mean it....

But not saying it would cause a fight.

But he couldn't say it.

So he just said the simplest thing he could think. "Yeah?" He asked it as a question and wondered if hazel could hear the beat of his heart which seemed to be beating out of his goddamn chest. She just nodded and Calum just smiled.

Withdrawal was getting ridiculous for Calum. His stomach hurt and he was sweaty, shaky and nauseous all the time. It was hard not to give in and run off to use again but no. He was doing this for Issac. He was doing this for hazel.

Later that day they went to the park to let Issac get some of his energy out. He played and laughed in he sandbox with other kids and Calum thought he was literally perfect. How could you adore something so much?

"Daddy!" Issac ran over holding a worm.

"Eww Issac put it down yuck!" Hazel cringed and Calum picked up the word from Issacs hand. He pretended to slurp it up like a noodle and Issac cracked up.

Cal watched Issac laugh and every bit of his awful past seemed to disappear from his mind for a few moments. Without thinking about anything much he reached down and picked Issac up and lifted him to his chest. The small boy cling to his dad.

"Calum!" Hazel gasped. "Y-you did it! Calum ya did it!"

"Huh?" Then cal gasped and realized what he did. He picked up his kid. He was holding his baby boy in his arms for the first time in his life. His little boy was in his arms without a single fear in his mind. He teared up and held Issac close.

"Carry me home daddy!"

Cal nodded. He was a fucking dad. And this boy was his baby. He made this perfect little thing in his arms with the perfect little thing standing next to him.

After all this time he felt like a father and it was weird and amazing all at the same time. Withdrawal was hard and learning to be part of a family was hard but if for no other reason he was gonna do it for Issac. For his son. For his boy. And for hazel. The love of his life Calum reached over and kissed hazels lips and she suggested they head home.

On the way home cal started having anxiety about holding Issac. The memories started to enter his mind. All the blood and surgery and crying that had happened which his niece...he wanted to put Issac down all of a sudden. But he closed his eyes and wrapped his arms tighter around Issac and pushed through. He was a dad and goddamnit he was gonna act like it.

They made it home and sat on the couch together. Life was gonna be okay. It was all gonna be okay. And this time was the last time things were gonna need fixing and cal was gonna be so goddamn fucking sure of that. The wound was healing and he was never ever ever gonna reopen it ever again as long as he could help it.

No more running