Chapter four

The next two hours were spent crying by both cal and hazel. Cal ended up tipsy on ashton couch and hazel ended up sobbing herself into a not so good sleep after realizing that cal actually truly had left her to go to Ashton's.

Ashton tried his best to comfort his best friend but the attempts seemed useless. Cal was in love and he was hurt. He was angry and may at hazel and at himself. It seemed like things were just crumbling. And the girl he loved the most didn't seem to love him back. She lied. She lied about being pregnant and she lied about wanting to marry him. It all seemed fake.

Cal wished he could turn back time and do this day again. He never would have broken the romantic atmosphere and he never would have let hazel get drunk. And he never would have let her get away. All these mistakes that HE made might as well be the end of it all. 12 years. You don't just throw 12 years away like it meant nothing. She said yes. But now he sat with a headache and a broken heart all alone on his friends couch with his ex fiancés hand picked gold ring in the palm of his hand. It felt like it weighed a billion pounds.

Meanwhile hazel threw on her leggings and one of calums big hoodies and after making sure the dogs had water and food she left and made her was over to Ashton's house. She felt like she was all to blame. Getting drunk? Shouldn't have done that. Pretended to be pregnant? Definitely shouldn't have done that. Lied about being on the pill to cover up the fact that she couldn't have kids no matter how many times they tried? Shouldn't have done it...and taking off the ring? Well...that was a choice she stuck by. That was a choice that she thought through. That was a choice she knew was right, painful yes, but right.

She knocked on the door and Ashton opened it up. She looked pitiful. Her eyes were puffy and swollen and her lips were red and tore up from her biting them to keep them from quivering.

"Is..is he here?"

Ashton nodded. "He's on the couch."

Hazel walked inside and despite cals obvious annoyance and tipsy sluring of cus words she sat next to him and cuddled up

"Hazel go home." She just cuddled closer and cal sat still.

Ashton walked over to them. Seeing his best friend so hurt was painful to him. Gently he helped hazel up and took her to the door.

"Goodnight kisses?" She pleaded. Cal shook his head.

She cried as ash helped her outside and then told her to go home and sleep. She didn't want sleep. She wanted cal. And the bed was so damn lonely without him. So damn lonely. She sat on the grass looking into the window at her boyfriend. He was sobbing and so was she. Never would she have thought this could happen. They were perfect. They always had been. "Just-just one goodnight kiss..." she sobbed. She just wanted one. Cal didn't like her right now. It was impossible to like a liar like her anyway...

"I'm a horrible person aren't I.." cal sat up. He looked out the window at hazel and then looked down.

"C'mon man don't say that crap." Ashton put his hand on cals shoulder.

"Why else wouldn't she want to marry me...."

"I don't think she could ever stop loving you mate. You guys can make it through this."

"Everything is lies..."

"For twelve years??" Ashton looked out the window to see hazel laying on the grass.

"She said yes. And then she took it off."

"Did you ask why?"

"She was upset that I was upset because she lied!!"

Ashton sighed. "Do you want me to tell her to go home?" Cal shrugged. "So that's it? You don't care anymore? She's gonna get soaked, it's raining out there pretty hard now."

"Tell her to go home and get some sleep."

Ashton nodded and walked outside with a big umbrella. He helped hazel up and told her that he was gonna take her home but hazel just shook her head. Cal yelled 'HAZEL GO HOME' but she didn't listen to him. He yelled 'GET SOME SLEEP. ILL SEE YOU TOMORROW!' Hazel still insisted I'm waiting.

Eventually Ashton was able to convince her that he would talk to cal and everything would be okay tomorrow. The two of them walked back to hazel and cals house and hazel went inside. She went inside and she broke down. She leaned against the door and sobbed. This entire thing was her fault. She had made calum mad at her. She would never get her prince back. She would never get get fairytale wedding...she always wanted a fairytale wedding....but now she'd blown her chance. There was no way cal would ever ask her to marry him again.

That night neither of them slept at all. First thing in the morning cal called hazel..

"Please come home..." she sounded wrecked. Calum could tell she hadn't slept but maybe an hour or two.

"I'm coming home...but I wanna talk..."

"I owe you at least some answers huh..."

"Yeah you do..."

They both decided that was a good time to hang up. Cal grabbed all his belongings, thanked Ashton for everything he's done, and then headed home. The second he opened the door he saw hazel sitting on the couch looking nervous and tired and empty...the first time he'd ever seen her look like this was when her father passed away. He couldn't believe he'd hurt her this much...

Cal sat down on the couch. "Why?"

"I missed you first of all..." she grabbed his hand and held on for dear life.

Calum nodded his head and squeezed her hand. "Why did you say yes..?"

Hazel took a deep breath. "I said yes because I wanna be with you. I wanna be with you forever. The reason I gave it back is...well because truthfully calum hood I don't deserve you...you're perfect. And I'm a liar..."

"You lied to me. A lot. I dunno what to trust anymore..."

She looked down. "If you don't wanna be with me anymore I understand..."

"I do! I do wanna be with you, I'm just hurt."

"I'm sorry calum" she put her hand on his cheek so he would look into her deep brown beautiful eyes. "I'm so sorry..."

"I'm sorry too hazel..."

But both of them knew the other still felt a twinge if pain in their hearts and minds. This wasn't over yet. But Calum knew how to make it up to his lady.