Chapter three

The two walked hand in hand into a bar. On stage we're three familiar boys; Ashton, Luke and Michael.

"Your bass is waiting for you." Hazel giggled

"For real!?"

She nodded. "Go on." There was a huge smile on her face and there was also one on cals as he ran onto the stage and greeted his friends.

After about three hours cal announced that he and Hazel were to get married and Hazel showed off her ring.

They played more and cal noticed Hazel drinking and partying and decided to let her have fun on this very special day. A little while later the boys left and cal grabbed his girl and headed out of the bar

"You're really hot." Giggled hazel as she swayed back and forth attempting to walk despite her drunken dizziness.

"Why thank you my love." Cal answered and Hazel gasped

"I have a boyfriend!!!"

Cal laughed a bit. "Oh really?" Hazel nodded. "Tell me about him."

She grabbed onto his arm and nodded "he's really hot! He's warm all the time. He complements me and buys me things, he's very rich" she giggled "I love him so much! He makes me super happy! So I'm sorry! But I cannot go with you!" And with that she took off running down the beach.

"Hazey!!!" Cal chased her along the sand and she soon ducked behind a bush. Cal sat down next to the bush. "Where ever did hazel go??"

Hazel crawled onto his lap and grabbed his face in her hands. "I'm right here silly billy! And I have a secret.."

"A secret?"

"Yup" she nodded "I knew you were my boyfriend the whole time." She smirked and kissed his lips "I was kidding"

Cal gasped "oh my god you're so goofy!" Hazel laughed

"I have a bigger secret." She took cals hand and placed it on her stomach. "Baby in my tummy...."

Cals expression hardened. "What? A-are you serious..?" She nodded and smiled "but when..?

Hazel yawned "I'm sleepy."

"Hazel when? Since when?"

"I'm sleepy" she whined

"HAZEL!"

Hazel flinched and teared up. "I..I said I was on the pill when I..I wasn't..." she looked down "can I go to sleep now?"

"You said that months ago-" he sighed. "Yeah lets get you to the car." They both stood up and cal tried to help her get to the car. Hazel curled up and placed a hand on her stomach.

Cal didn't know what to think and did the only thing he knew how to; "I'm going for a walk."

Hazel looked up at him. "I'm sorry..."

"for what? We wanted this."

Hazel got up and started walking away. Or stumbling away rather. He went after her. "I'll see you at home cal...I have things to do..." the alcohol was wearing off now.

"HAZEL!"

She broke down into cals chest "I just..I-I just wanted a baby!"

"You lied to me!"

"You don't understand!" She started walking away.

"There's nothing to understand!"

Hazel walked away without another word and despite cals attempts to make her stay and talk she ended up at home with all the doors locked crying to herself.

Calum was at a loss of words and thoughts. He didn't know what to do or say or think. He wanted to be sorry but he hadn't a clue why she would lie to him. Yeah...she WAS drunk...but still. She knew exactly what she was saying when she said it. All these confusing emotions filled his heart and brain and eyes and he wanted to cry and curse her name all at the same time. But he loved her. He did.

The only thing he could think about doing was calling his best friend in the world.

"Hello?"

"Hey ashton..."

"Hey, you okay?"

"No....no I'm not." Cal sat on the beach and looked at the ocean

"What happened?"

"Haze got drunk...and now she's locked herself in the house and it's all my fault."

"Want me to come down?"

"No...no I'll be fine.." he wasn't fine.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah...sure..." ashton hung up the phone. When cal looked up he saw hazel standing above him, makeup smudged all over her pretty face.

"I can't have a baby...I'm not fucking pregnant, I wish I was but I'm not." She sighed shakily. "I don't know why I lied, I have no excuse for that.."

Cal looked at her with stone cold eyes. "So you lied again..?"

"What..?" Again with the puppy-like innocent eyes...

"You're pregnant or you're not?! You're happy or you're not?! You love me or you don't?! How am I supposed to know what's real and what's lies anymore!"

Hazel looked down. "I'm not pregnant" she looked at cal and took his hand as he continued to stare with a pissed off expression. "Can we just forget this entire night?"

"You wanna forget the whole night?" Hazel nodded. Wow, Okay...

"The bit where I got drunk and every part after..."

"Then do that..."

Hazel couldn't help but sigh. Maybe this was all going horrible. Maybe this night shouldn't have happened. Maybe this is what happens when you drink. Maybe this is what happens when you love....maybe she should take the ring off....

"Can we just go to bed?" Said hazel as she took cals hand and walked into the house. After getting in their pajamas they lied in bed without a word. "Goodnight..." cal didn't say anything. "I love you...."

"Love you too....."

Cal never could have prepared himself for what came next.

Hazel gently slipped her ring off her finger and gently set it in cals hand. He looked at it and his heart sank to his toes. The feeling in his chest was that of a glass shattering inside him. This must be what heartbreak feels like. He couldn't speak. He couldn't think. He could barley breathe...

"I'm gonna go sleep in the guest room...."

Cal couldn't even hear her over the sound of his heart beating a thousand beats per second

"Y-Yeah...well I'll be at Ashton's!"