Chapter thirty nine

Calum broke down in Mitch's arms. Nothing was fair anymore and everything was hard for him. Why did the universe want to punish him like this?

mitch frowned and hugged cal. "you are better off with me, okay?" He wiped cals tears

"I'm better off with no one!"

"Not true..." mitchy comforted Calum as he vented and cried for hours.

Eventually Calum sighed. "I can't leave my kids again..."

Mitchy sighed. "Fine."

"What does that mean?" Calum sat up from laying on Mitch's lap

"she treats you so shitty and you still go back to her. She's faking all of this, she just wants you to feel bad for her."

"I don't want her." Cal grabbed Mitch's hand. "Just my kids."

"We'll go on then." Mitchy chuckled softly. "Go get your kiddos, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"No! Not right now. Right now I want something else..."

"What is it?"

"You...just you..." cal answered.

Mitchy leaned in and kissed cal who kissed back hard

But things were soon interrupted by a call from hazel and a few texts from her saying 'it's important please answer.'

Cal FaceTimed hazel and mitchy groaned.

"Hazel?"

"Cal I'm sorry..."

"No..." Mitch interrupted. "listen, he's happy now so stop with the whole crybaby act. he doesn't wanna stay with you for a reason. You've got the most annoying kids and to be honest, if he had the choice now to have kids with you... they wouldn't be here."

"No I-"

"That's not true!" Calum said.

"Yeah it is Calum I know it it!" Mitchy raised his voice

"STOP!" Cal yelled. Everyone stopped talking and fell silent. "IM FUCKING GOING TO LONDON AND IM NOT COMING BACK!" Cal stood up and grabbed his suitcase while mitchy watched and hazel was still on the phone. "FUCK YOU BOTH!"

Cal angrily packed and mitchy left the room eventually. Over the phone cal heard a faint "I'll take you to the airport..." hazel hadn't hung up yet.

"Yeah." Cal grumbled. "I'll fly you and the kids over once a month."

"We can't come that often." Cal sighed. "School and work."

They argued for a bit after that.

"You know id rather be here right!?" Cal yelled

"no, i don't think you would rather be here. You are never here as it is."

"hazel I tried to be here!! I always try and you make it hell!" Hazel looked at him. "we said we were just friends! We said that and I moved on to someone I thought I would enjoy! And you're the one who got angry! That's on you! If you hadn't done that we wouldn't be in this damn position right now!"

"i'm sorry i make your life miserable"

"Yeah you do."

Hazel hung up and sent cal a bunch of angry texts. Cal texted back

'Why are you so upset?'

'BECAUSE I WASTED SO MUCH ON YOU! ALL MY FUCKING MONEY, MY PLANS SO I COULD WATCH YOU SUCCEED. I SKIPPED SCHOOL TO WATCH YOU PLAY!! I spent all my fucking money to come see you when you were 10000 miles away. I had your kids and i've taken care of them ever since they were born while you done fuck all and are running away to london!'

'IM RUNNING AWAY BECAUSE YOURE AN ASS AND NOTHING I DO IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU!'

'IF IM SUCH AN ASS THEN LEAVE AND DONT TEXT ME, CALL ME OF ANY OF THAT SHIT. YOU WANT UPDATES ON YOUR KIDS?! ASK ONE OF YOUR FUCKING FRIENDS BECAUSE IM NOT TELLING YOU SHIT.'

Cal didn't text back. He just wanted to get out. He just wanted to die

Suddenly she called again. Cal answered. "Take the house, don't go..."

"Take the- no what the hell..."

"Take the house! Take the house and take care of the kids!"

"Hazel no!"

"Come over."

"No."

"Calum please!"

"Hazel god no I don't want to."

"You don't want to take care of the kids?"

"I never said that."

"Then come over." She was quiet. "Come over or you'll never see them again....I'll get-"

"Fine!" Calum hung up and went to hazels house. The moment he opened the door hazel took off to her car.

"Have fun assfuck." She got in her car and drove off. Cal walked inside and looked at Issac.

"She'll come back. It's okay..."

"I'm sorry this is all so crazy....it's late buddy...how about you go to bed?" He nodded, mumbled 'night', and walked upstairs. As Issac walked up the stairs the twins started sobbing....both of them. Calum walked into the kitchen to get them food, and hazel was standing in there.

"What're you doing here?" He sighed

"I forgot something. And they're not hungry." She turned around and left

"Then what are they?" Cal asked as she was leaving. She just shrugged...and then she turned around.

"They're tired." She walked over and picked up Alice. Both the twins calmed down upon seeing their mom. "Come on, grab cj." Calum picked up the baby boy and they all walked upstairs. Cal changed cj while haze changed Alice and then they put them to sleep

"Night." Cal said as hazel left the house.

"Good luck. You'll need every bit of it..."