Chapter Thirty seven

"Please hear me out." Cal sat on the couch. He was gonna talk to hazel and let her know everything that was on his mind.

"Okay." She looked at him.

Calum took a deep breath. "I miss you every second that I'm not here with you. I miss my kids. I have waisted so much time and I hate myself for it. I want you to love me but I want you happy most of all and if that's not with me I wanna know. Baby you're beautiful, and amazing, you're an amazing mother, I may not be perfect or everything you've ever wanted but I'm here right now and I don't wanna go again, please give me another chance even tho I've had way to many, many more than I deserve. I want you to feel safe...I want my kids to feel safe. I've been a shit person, I should have checked on my children, I should have prioritized them, I'm an ass for not putting them first and I'm an ass for not putting you second...when I'm not with you, you're all i can think about...."

Hazel looked down and sighed. "I don't want to be with you right now."

"What DO you want?"

"I want you to stay here in this house for our children. I don't want our relationship to be anything sexual."

"Okay...w-we can make that work."

"Yeah....I've got work. Morgan's dad will drop issac off when he's done with practice."

"Alright." Hazel stood up and kissed cals forehead.

"Goodnight."

"Night."

Haze walked off and Calum silently shed tears. Okay...the message was clear as Crystals. Hazel didn't feel like they were compatible and that was fine....we'll it wasn't fine but it was fine....

A second later hazel was sat next to him on the couch. "Don't you have to work?" Cal asked and wiped his eyes again. She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. "You're my best friend....you always have been..."

"Yeah I know." She nodded.

"Thanks for....for everything." Cal wrapped his arm around hazels arm

"Thank you too." Hazel laid down and put her head on Calums lap. He stayed quiet. Quietly Calum was dying. He was accepting the worst and it hurt. He would rather hazel went to work right this second insisted of staying and twisting the knife but he really didn't want her to be anywhere but here with him. "I need a smoke." Hazel stood up and walked to the back door "wanna come outside?"

Cal shook his head. "It's too cold out there." She nodded and walked out the door slowly and quietly closing it behind her.

After sitting on the couch alone for a minute Calum got up, went to the kitchen, and found a bottle of wine. He poured two cups of it and went outside and stood next to hazel.

"Here." He handed her one of the cups

"Thank you." She took it and sipped it slowly in between puffs of smoke.

"It's actually not that cold out here." Calum laughed a little and took a sip of the reddish purple drink.

"Yeah it's beautiful right now." She smiled over at cal.

"I'm thinking on inviting Mitchy over tomorrow night, if that's okay."

"You don't need permission, of course it's okay."

"I do need permission. It's your house." He shrugged and hazel finished her glass of wine.

"It's just as much your house." She finished her cig as well. Calum just nodded.

After a bit of silence Calum looked down at his phone to see a text from mitchy. He wasn't sure exactly why but he smiled widely, but he didn't respond just yet.

"Who is it?" Hazel looked over

"Mitchy mitch." He sighed happily

She nodded. "Well I'm gonna go inside and get to bed, goodnight."

"Goodnight." Cal answered.

"By the way issacs staying at a friends. He'll be home early tomorrow, like sevenish."

Calum nodded and they both went inside and went their separate ways to bed

Somewhere around 12:00am Calums door was being knocked on. He rolled over and grunted to signal he was awake, and when the door opened Hazel was sitting right there.

"Can I sleep with you..."

Cal squinted and rubbed his eyes. "How come?"

"I don't feel great..."

"Yeah," he moved over to one side of the bed. "Come on then."

She hopped in bed next to him and snuggled up. Cal didn't move. He just wanted to sleep but pretty soon hazels soft lips were pressed against his.

"Haze..." he mumbled and grabbed her face to get her to stop.

"Sorry..." she pulled away.

"I can't have you doing that after what happened earlier..."

"Right..sorry.." she rolled over and laid with her back facing Calum.

"Goodnight hazel." She didn't say anything else

———

He next morning hazel left the house quickly leaving Calum to take care of all three kids, two of which were covered in cereal and milk. Issac didn't want breakfast so he was upstairs. Cal sighed.

He put the twins in the living room in front of the tv and was cleaning up just as Mitch knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He walked in and looked at cal

"I see you have your hands full."

"I wasn't expecting to have to take care of them."

"That's what you should expect when you put your dick in a girl." Calum rolled his eyes as mitchy picked up Alice.

When Calum finished cleaning he went to the couch and sat next to mitchy while they watched over the twins

"Soooooo hows the Hood couple?" Mitch asked. Calum sighed and said nothing and just then hazel walked in the door putting down some bags near the end of the couch.

"Hey Mitch." She greeted him.

"Hey, I was just asking about the hood couple." Calum sighed again and hazel and Mitch both looked at him.

"The usual." Said hazel.

"Ah. I've a spare room if either of you needs it." He shrugged.

"No..." Calum looked at Mitch' s face and mumbled, "but you can come over more often..."