Chapter twenty one

The next morning was Mother's Day. It was cals first Mother's Day with hazel. In the morning she got up and went to the park to get some fresh air while cal and Issac made cards and cleaned the house a bit. Then they got dressed and went to meet up with hazel.

When they got there issac saw hazel and ran to give her a big hug.

Very shyly Calum graves hazels hand and for the first time ever he said "happy Mother's Day..." she smiled softly

"I thought you would have forgotten." Cal shook his head.

"Wanna go get lunch somewhere nice?" She nodded and picked Issac up.

"You look so handsome bud!"

"He chose his outfit!" Issac had picked jeans and a pajama shirt to wear, along with his yellow winter vest and his cowboy boots.

"So where are we going?" Cal told her the name of her favorite fancy restaurant. "You made reservations?"

"W-we'll get in..." Cal honestly hadn't really remembered Mother's Day. It hadn't ever been something he had to think about before now and a reminder on his phone this morning was the only thing that made him remember.

"How? Every time we go we've had to have reservations. And today will be worse since it's Mother's Day."

"Uh...we can just go try.."

"You forgot...." hazel sighed and picked up her bag.

"To make reservations, yes, but not about Mother's Day!" She just nodded and started walking down the sidewalk. Cal walked with her. He noticed her sniffling and holding tighter onto Issac. "Hazel..." she looked at him and he said how sorry he was.

They got to the restaurant and there weren't any seats available. Looks like they were gonna have to go somewhere else. Cal just looked down and tried to think of how to make this better. It was his first Mother's Day and he was already fucking it up. He was trying so damn hard not to fuck up anything these days and now he had. He ruined hazels special day.

"Mama I'm hungry." Issac whined. Hazel nodded and walked to the Macdonalds while Calum followed silently.

They sat down at a table and cal asked what they wanted so he could go order. Issac wanted chicken nuggets and hazel said "I'm not hungry..." Calum clenched his jaw a little and walked off to the counter. He ordered issacs food.

Haze went to the bathroom and Issac walked over to Calum. "No issac go to mommy..."

"She's in the potty..."

"Fine..." he just stood there with his arms crossed waiting for the food.

Hazel came out of the bathroom after crying for a moment and sat down. Cal pointed it out to issac so he could go sit with her which he did. The food came and he grabbed it and walked back over to the table, sitting down. Issac played his his toy and Calum and hazel sat in silence.

"I-I'm gonna go to mikes later....he said he was cooking tonight..." hazel picked at her nails.

"I can cook for you." Cal stared at her and she shook her head.

"You just play with Issac and put him to bed..."

"No."

"I need air..." she got up and walked outside. Calum stared at her through the window. God he was such a shit person. He fucked up and he was gonna loose her again and then he would never meet his babies Bc she would probably get a restraining order on him from everyone related to her and he would get addicted to heroin again and probably end up dead all because he forgot...

"Are we goin to uncle Mikey's?"

"No one is going to mikes."

"Mommy is."

"No she's not." Cal picked up issac and walked outside to hazel where she told them she was still going to mikes. "But I'm cooking for you at home."

Issac whined that he wanted to go home. "You two go home. I'll see you later." She started to walk away

"Hazel!" She didn't answer. "HAZEL!" She still just kept walking as cal yelled for her to come back. Eventually she was out of sight and Calum gave up. He gave up and just walked all the way home without another word.

For the rest of the night cal just sat on the couch feeling sorry for himself. He just sat there. Issac asked to play and he just sat there. There wasn't anything he wanted to do.

A few hours later hazel walked into her house looking awful. She looked terrified and all shook up. Issac ran to her and she picked him up and cal just sat there. She walked over to him and sat down.

"Mike kissed me..."

"Great..." he sat there staring at the wall. What the fuck was he supposed to say to that? Nothing mattered to cal rn not even that. He just wanted to die. He wanted to feel nothing. He wanted a drink...

"I didn't like it...I pushed him off..."

"Oh that makes it so much better doesn't it." He stood up and walked into the kitchen. Hazel followed but he just looked in the fridge. "Don't we have any beer or anything?"

"T-there juice or water..." hazel said softly

"The juice is issacs."

"He won't mind...just please don't get drunk, I don't like when you're drunk..."

"And I don't like when you kiss my ex best friends and ruin my day jus because I forgot one stupid little goddamn thing!"

hazel teared up. "this day isn't stupid! It's the first mother's day that you're here and you forgot!"

"I've never had to celebrate before and forgot the day!"

Poor Issac just stood at the top of the stairs and listened.

"It should still be important to you!"

"It was!"

Hazel grabbed a case of beer from under the sink. "Go on then! Drink away and become the asshole you become when you're drunk!"

Cal grabbed a beer and opened it. He drank.

Happy fucking Mother's Day..