Chapter thirty six

"Haze?" Cal sat on the bed.

"You missed everything!" She yelled.

"I know..."

"Why didn't you visit them?" She sat up on the bed and wiped her nose. "and don't give me the bullshit "they reminded me of you". I took care of them every single minute and i watched our kids grow up. You've not seen issac lose his first tooth because you weren't the-"

"You never called!

She looked at cal. "So fucking what? I have to call you to visit your own kids? it's not something dads just do??" hazel sighed softly to herself. "Of course you wouldn't." She got up

"I tried." Calum argued

"When?!" Hazel grabbed a bag and began putting all Calums stuff inside it.

"Every fucking time I'm here and you just push me away and kick me out!"

"i'm putting your stuff in this bag so it's easier for you to carry into the guest room"

"Thanks." Cal sighed

And just as she had said, after getting all cals stuff in a bag, she carried it to the guest room and dropped it on the floor. Cal sat on the bed and sighed. This was better than never seeing his kids I guess.

Calum sat in his room alone for a while until issac wondered in dragging cals old bass guitar behind him.

"Hey kid, what're you up to?"

"Lookin for my bass strap." He grunted and heaved the guitar along, it being too heavy and big for him to carry.

"Want some help?" Cal lifted issac onto the bed as he nodded and then he picked up the bass.

"You play!" Issac stared at his dad and Calum began to play some bass notes.

Hazel walked up the stairs and stood listening. Calum continued to play as she picked up issac who rested his head on her small shoulder.

"You'll be playing like that in no time baby." Calum smugly smiled while not looking up from the guitar.

Hazel sat on the bed with issac, and Calum leaned over to show issac how to play a few things. excitedly issac took the bass and dragged it back to his room to practice, leaving cal and hazel sitting on the bed together alone.

Hazel looked at cal and then got up and closed the door. Cal looked at her.

hazel smirked little and walked over to him. "you looked really hot playing..." she bit her lip and nodded, went over and pushed cal gently onto the bed and straddled his lap.

"Oh.." cal smirked. "Are we..."

"i need you" She pulled the strap from her dress down slowly, her boob falling out of the dress as she did so. Cal stared at her face. "I want this to work..."

"I do too..." Calum held back the things he wanted to say. 'It wont' 'you'll kick me out again' 'I don't know what to trust' and other things like that. He didn't want to ruin this moment because he really did want this to work just as much as she might possibly want it to

hazel pulled off cals shirt and ran her fingers down his chest, noticing how skinny he'd gotten since she last saw him. He watched her fingers move along his tan skin, she rested her forehead against his and started to unbutton then unzip his jeans.

"Hazel..."

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

He thought about telling her he was scared and almost did, but didn't. "I missed you is all..."

They kissed for a long while, it was hot and breathy until hazel pulled away and started undressing herself and Calum. After a few minutes of kissing and undressing hazel sighed.

"It's not working..."

"It will."

Hazel sat to the side and took her panties off and Calum started jerking himself off to get somewhere...anywhere...ugh

When he looked over at haze she sighed and started getting dressed.

"Hazel...."

"I don't make you hard... you literally have to force yourself to get hard for me."

"no I..." Calum sighed and turned around.

"I'm sorry..."

"No! No don't be, it's my fault."

"Let's just forget it."

"Forget what?" Calum sat up feeling really bad.

"What just happened after I closed the door."

"Right." He sighed  and hazel smiled softly and opened the door back up. She then left and closed the door behind her.

Cal laid there and sighed. He then picked up the phone and called the doctor again. God he was so desperate.

He talked to the doctor for a while but it ended with him yelling and hanging up the phone.

"I don't need sex" he laughed "god I really don't, who the hell needs sex, not me. We'll just have a relationship without sex."  Calum stayed upstairs until hazel shouted him for dinner. "Comin..." he mumbled, got up and went downstairs, and sat at the table where hazel was feeding the twins a little bit before dinner.

They all ate and then hazel asked Calum to take issac to his evening football practice which he gladly did. Issac was quiet on the way there so cal asked

"Anything you wanna talk about?" He nodded. "Fire away kiddo." Calum drove and listened to issac.

"Why did you leave me?"

Cal paused and sighed. "thought it would be better for mommy if I stayed away...I know I should have called or visited you buddy I'm so sorry"

"But she missed you."

"I know she did. I missed her too." Issac went quiet again and shook his head. "I don't want to leave y'all ever again." Issac nodded. "I love you." As Calum pulled into the parking lot issac bursted into tears. "Issac what's on your mind?" Cal asked and Issac pulled his knees to his chest. "Can you please talk to me?"

"You always leave me!"

"I know, I'm sorry." Issac unbuckled and got out of the car. "I'll pick you up in an hour." Cal sighed. He sat in the parking lot, pulled out his phone, and texted hazel.

'I really really want to talk. I have a lot to say.'

Then he pulled out of the parking lot and drove home