Chapter twenty seven

Calum pulled up to a really intimidating building. His first thought was that he shouldn't be there. It looked too professional for a guy like him but regardless, he got out of his car, walked up to the front door and entered the building.

"Hi, calum hood?!" Said a friendly voice. Calum looked over and answered

"Hi, yeah..."

"We have you scheduled for just some sound testing today and maybe you can get together with our writer or producer and see where you feel confident."

Cal nodded "umm it's been like....a really long time since I played anything so I don't really remember a lot..."

"If you're anything like hazel says then I highly doubt we'll have an issue." Calum lit up at the mention of hazel. He smiled and nodded shyly

The room is yours" they walked to a small recording room with guitars and a drum set in it. "give me a shout if you need anything, i'm craig"

"Thank you so much..." Calum entered the room and looked around at all the instruments they had. There was a sick looking bass in the corner that was purple with white lightning strikes all over it. He walked over and picked it up, sat on a wooden stool and began just sinking around letting everything just come back to him.

His phone let up with a text from hazel which was a picture of Issac holding one of cals guitars. It was his first ever bass that he had when he was really small. He couldn't help it and FaceTimed hazels phone so he could talk to them and show them the sick bass he was using. Hazel answered

"Baby!"

"Hi lovely!"

"How's it going?" She sat on the couch with Issac on her lap.

"Awesome! Check out this thing I'm playing right here." He showed off the purple bass guitar in his lap.

"Wow!" She giggled. Calum set the phone up on the piano so he could be seen along with the whole bass and played some stuff for hazel. Soon he got lost in the music and forgot anyone was even watching. Calum got into it deep and played his heart out.

"WOW DADDY! DATS SO SICK!" Calum looked up and blushed as his three year old held the phone so close to his face you could see his boogers.

"Thank you buddy."

Hazel took the phone back with a smile and showed Issac how to hold it but as soon as he could he took off to go do something else.

"You're very cute." Said hazel

"Nah..."

"You are!!" She smiled and Calum nodded.

"Thank you my love."

"Well I'll let you go, I'll see you later okay."

"See you tonight." She nodded and blew him a kiss before hanging up.

Calum spent the rest of the day doing what he loved to do. Doing his favorite thing in the world. He had forgotten how incredible it felt to make music and he had forgotten how much it made him feel. It made him feel happy and excited and....and it made him feel the same way drugs used to make him feel but yk...with less ugly side effects. It was like a high. A musical high, if you will. It was something he felt was going to keep him going, it was like getting addicted all over again. He couldn't stop smiling and he never wanted to put this bass down ever again.

Cal got home sometime around 9 and hazel was sitting in the couch. She heated him up some dinner and then they both showered together and went to sleep. In the morning hazel got up early to feed the twins and Calum stayed in bed for a bit. When he sat up hazel was all dressed and curling her hair nice and pretty

"What're you doing?"

"Getting ready."

"For what?"

"A-a modeling interview...."

"Modeling!?"

"Yeah I was thinking of getting back into it..."

"Really!?" Hazel nodded. "Oh god that's amazing hazel!" She smiled and so did he. "I'm so proud of you."

———

That night hazel got back from her modeling interview. "Cal?"

"In here." Cal was in the kitchen making himself some leftovers.

"I wanna show you something." She went over to Calum and handed him a folder. Inside was the pictures she had taken that day.

"Oh my god hazel they're beautiful!" She blushed. "Seriously these are great!"

"Stop...they're okay..." she put them back in the folder.

"God I have the most beautiful girlfriend!"

"I'm your fiancé remember." She held her hand up and showed him the paperclip ring she had.

"Oh yeah!" Cal smiled widely

"But maybe I need a new ring?"

"I'm working on it."

"Hey can you take the kids with you to the studio tomorrow? I've got a photo shoot..."

"Yeah I'll take them."

"Thank you." Hazel stood on her tippy toes and pecked cals lips. "Has issac has dinner?"

"Dinner, bath and is asleep with his room all picked up."

"You're such an Angel." She smiled sweetly and began making herself some food. When she was done they sat at the table together.

As cal watches he realized how much he really loved her. In every single way

"You make me want you all the time..."

hazel looked at him "in what way? a sexual way? like i make you want to fuck me?"

"Well yeah..."

"We can't Calum."

"I know that."

She looked at her salad "do you want it? im not hungry."

"Did you have stuff at work?" She nodded. "Oh okay...I don't want it..." she got up and put it in the fridge.

"I'll see you upstairs...." cal stood up.

"I'm coming with you."

They walked upstairs together and crawled into bed. Hazel posted a few of her pics to Instagram and cal went and liked it. But as cal was looking he saw a comment from some guy he had never meet saying that hazel was hot and that she should go to his place.

"Haze who is that?"

"Who?"

"The one who just commented?" She just shrugged. Calum checked out his profile and he was hot as hell. Hazel ended up looking over his profile as well. "Why are you looking at his profile?"

"I dunno.." cal sighed but decided to leave it. He rolled over and turned the light off to go to bed but soon hazel kissed his shoulder and whispered:

"just because I can't fuck you doesn't mean I can't suck you off...."