Chapter 8: He Owns Me

"Fine. What do you want to know?" I asked him. Alexander took a good look at me. Almost examining me to see if anything was wrong. I guess he doesn't usually trust people easily. I don't blame him. He lives in a world full of cruel and untrusting people. How was he able to expect a truthful little girl like me?

"First off, how old are you?" Alexander asked me. " 15. About to turn 16 next week. How old are you?" I asked him. Alexander smirked at me. " oh, so we're playing this game." Alexander stated. " what game are you talking about?" I asked him completely confused.

" A game where I asked you a question, then you ask me a question. And then we go on until we are done." Alexander said. I nodded. I guess since he is giving me some answers to questions I have about him then I have no true problem. And if that means I have to give up some of my personal information, then so be it.

"I'm 19," answered Alexander. Only 19? Wow, that's crazy. He runs a huge drug ring. Now I'm wondering how he was able to do that at such a young age. Because I know he's been doing it for a while. But maybe he hasn't actually been the one who's been doing it, maybe he's been like an underboss to his father, or an uncle and just recently took over.

" so your name is Megan right?" Alexander asked me. I nodded. " but a lot of people call me Meg." I said. Even though I didn't prefer the name Meg, people still called me Meg.

" do you like to be called Meg?" Alexander asked me almost reading my mind. I shook my head no. " then it looks like your name will be Megan. It's like my name, I have three names. Alexander, Alex, and Xander. I only preferred to be called two. Because one of them leads my past. Which I so hate." Alexander explain.

" so what do I call you then?" I asked him in a shy way. " well, I don't usually let my staff call me by my first name. But until then, since you're technically not a member of my staff yet, you can call me Xander." Alexander/Xander said. I guess I'll have to get used to saying, Xander. But Xander is really close to Alexander.

" so what's your next question, Xander?" I asked him. Xander chuckled. " do you totally understand why you are coming with me? I know everything must be quite confusing, one day your father comes home and murders your entire family, and then another guy drives you to auction to be sold. I just want to make sure you understand what is going on so you're not completely confused. I know being in the dark is painful." Xander said.

" All I know is that my father owes you some money. And that you wanted that money back. And when my father was alive, he tried to do anything he could to get that money. Which of course led to him trying to sell me. And then Nathan, came into the house to come to take me to the auction but then later killed my father. And then Nathan drove me to the auction, and then you were there. And I guess, that's where we are right now. Is there anything else I should know? Because I don't think I'm in the dark too much." I asked him.

" no, you seem to be caught up for the most part. But let me explain what's going to happen we get to my house because we're about 10 minutes away so far." Xander said. I nodded. My guess would be that I would be one of his maids, cleaning up around his house, and serving at his every need.

" when we get there, I'll show you around. Explain your duties, which will be to clean house, and do other chores. There are about three other maids there. Laura, Bethany, and Hazel. They all come from things like you. I bought all of them from an auction. They will do the same thing as you, all of you will have the same tasks but you will share them among each other. You will be sleeping down in the basement, where there are small rooms there. But for tonight, you'll be staying up in one of the regular rooms. Since I don't have a room ready for you downstairs." Xander said.

" Any questions so far?" he asked me. " about all of my stuff at home? Clothes? Or other items that I need from home." I asked him.

" tomorrow, before you start your job. I and you can go over your house and grab anything you want. Just grab essential stuff and also, we're not gonna be taking anything that you don't really need." Xander explained.

" how long will I be working for you? How much will I make? Will I ever be able to move into a place of my own?" I asked him.

" so here's how it works. You will work for me until you have paid off all your fathers debts. Until then, you will not get paid. And until then as well, you're not allowed to move out. But after you have paid your father's debts, you can either continue working for me and get paid, as well as move into your own place, or you may go out on your own and do your own thing and leave. It is completely up to you." Xander said.

" how much does my father owe you? I was never told, I was just told it was a large amount of money. And by the amount of money he owes you, how long do you think it would take me to pay it off?" I asked him.

" basically your father owes me $75,000, which if you don't do any extra tasks, it would take about five years. But in the house, you could do more tasks if you do something extra you get paid more. It's almost like at school if you were to do extra credit. Just think it as that way, extra credit." Xander said.

" $75,000!? How was he even able to take that much stuff from you?" I asked Xander.

" I loaned him some money, how do you think you've got your house?" Xander asked me smirking. I didn't know this until now but Xander owns me, he owns my whole family.

Sorry for the shorter chapter guys! I wanted to get the chapter out today, so I hope you enjoyed!

Next Update: July 6th, 2019