Chapter 35: Im Doing This Because Im In Love With You

1 Week Later

"What time do we leave?" I asked Xander as he continued to type at his computer.

Xander of course didn't answer. I couldn't tell if he was ignoring me, or if he just was so consumed with his work, that he didn't even notice I spoke.

Once again I asked him the same question "What time do we leave?"

Xander looked up from his computer. "It's 1 pm right now, and we leave at 7 pm. Do the math."

I rolled my eyes. "You don't have to be an asshole."

Xander sighed and went back to typing. "Is there anything I need to bring? Like a swim suit? Or a stripper outfit?"

Xander chuckled. "I would love for you to bring a stripper outfit. As long as you only strip for me, baby." Xander said smirking.

"Dick," I muttered out. Xander looked at me. "Look, bring your normal clothes, something a bit nicer, and a swim suit, and if you would like to enjoy your weekend a bit more... a little bit of lingerie."

I got up from the chair and huffed before exiting the room.

I can somehow never be in the same room as him without him pissing me the fuck off.

"Be ready by 6:30!" Xander yelled as I stormed down the hallway. I didn't even respond, especially since he didn't deserve one.

I went upstairs and into my room to lay down. I was so tired and needed a break before we left. I knew the drive and flight to France would be an interesting way since it would be a good 20 hours before we even arrived at the hotel that Xander and I were staying at.

Yes, Xander is bringing me.

Ever since Joey stopped talking to me and broke up with me, I've gotten so much closer with Xander. And in more ways then one. On the night that Joey broke up with me, I ended up getting super drunk with Xander, and we ended up hooking up.

I know it's fucked up, but Joey broke my heart, and I guess I just needed somebody to repair that. And since we are truly bringing out the truth at the moment, Xander and I are somewhat together.

By that I mean that we aren't 'dating' officially, but he isn't sleeping with any girls. But we do seem to make out a lot. I've felt a lot more comfortable around him these last few months, especially after we lost our baby.

I just feel like after Joey left me, I needed someone to help me continue to walk through this hellish life. I've also seen in the past year, that I've totally changed. From this small weak girl, I've pretty much stopped taking shit from most people.

But I'm scared that one day, I'm going to piss Xander off again, make him truly angry, and he'll go back being his usually dickish self.

Being aggressive and abusive. I can't take anymore of that.

Over the past few days I've only seen Joey once, and now thinking about him, my heartaches to go and talk to him again.

I get up from my bed, putting past the idea of sleeping and running downstairs to the basement where Joey was very likely to be.

As I ran downstairs, I bumped into the person I was looking for.

"Joey." I said in a low voice as he seemed instantly shocked to see me.

"Megan...what are you doing down here?" he asked me. He didn't seem to want to talk. But I was going to make him, I needed to talk to him. To hopefully get back together with him.

"I came down here to find you. I wanted to see if you were able to talk." I said looking at him. He looked like he's been sleep deprived. "Does Xander know you are down here?" he asked me.

"No, but it doesn't matter. He doesn't care, and really it's not like him and I are dating or anything."

"I've heard different. Some of the men in the house say that you spend all day with him, and that you guys literally act like a couple. I came to talk to you a few days ago, but then Larry told me that he saw that you were in Xander's office once again, and to not bother you guys. And I asked him why and he said that you guys were 'getting busy'. So I asked him what he meant by that he and said that you two were now together. So I decided to leave yo be, since clearly you had found your way back to that psycho."

I sighed. "No, we aren't together. I want to be with you. I truly care about you, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done what I did. I did it for us, to keep us together, but it only made things much, much worse."

"I know that you did it for the greater good Megan, I know that. But you made a stupid fucking decision, something you can't take back. But I want to be with you, so much, but I truly can't trust you."

"But you can!"

Joey shook his head, "Maybe, but I can't trust him, he doesn't care who he hurts, as long as he gets what he wants. And what he wants, is you..."

"No he doesn't, he just wants something to posses. And I've been giving him something to order around and I hate it, please, give me another chance. You made me happier in those few weeks, then I've ever been in the past 2 years! I'll talk to Xander about it, both of us can, if that is what you want..."

Joey looked at me. "No, I don't want to tell Xander. I want to keep it a secret. I feel like if he knows, he's going to try and break things up, which is what I don't want. I want to be with you, no problems. He has caused so much heartache to you, he's destroyed you in so many ways. And I want to help build you back up Megan. I'm doing this because I'm in love with you."