Chapter 54: Without You

4 Years Later

"Don't," I warned Brax playfully as he held a toy water gun up to me.A huge smile was plastered across his face as he squirted the water onto me. I screamed and put my hands up to my face where he was spraying me at."Brax!" I yelled as the cold water hit me."Don't be such a wuss mom, it's just cold water," Brax said as he put the water gun down. I looked at him shocked."I am not a wuss," I said, I grabbed the towel next to me and started to try off. Right when Brax turned around to grab a towel for himself as well, I grabbed the water gun and sprayed him in the back of the head with the rest of the water."Mom!" He yelled as he ran inside the house. He closed the door, locking me out of the house.I banged on the door telling him to let me inside, a huge smirk came across his face as he shook his head and locked the top lock.I chuckled before running to the front of the house and getting inside through the front door.I could hear him running upstairs away from me. I walked into the kitchen and refilled the water gun before chasing after him."Where are you?!" I called out as I walked into his bedroom.I could hear laughing in my room which was right next to Brax's.I quickly headed into my room and saw Brax standing on my bed with yet another water gun. We were now both facing each other with our water guns locked and loaded."Put it down mom, nobody has to get hurt," Brax warns letting out a little bit of water.I glared at him and did the same, but let the water hit close to his feet."Never, you put your gun down, and maybe, just maybe, we can go and get some ice cream."Brax's face lit up and he dropped the water gun and ran into his room."Where are you going?" I called out."To get dressed! Hurry mom. Lee's closes in an hour!" He said rushing back into his room.
I laughed.
Braxton was my everything.8 Years ago Xander told me he'd stay in contact, and that he would protect me and Brax.He only did one of those.He didn't talk to me or make and conversation. I haven't even seen him in 4 years. I only see his 2nd in command who comes and gets him every weekend for about 5 hours, then I have Brax home in time for dinner.Xander hasn't really tried to be a father. After Brax was born, he needed to be with me, and it never gave Xander a real-time to grow a connection with him. So, Xander never really tried whenever he does get the chance to see his son.I know Brax doesn't really care. I give him the attention of 1000 parents. I make sure he is loved and gets the attention he deserves, without spoiling him.Xander told me that I'd never been able to date someone if he and I broke up, but I guess he changed his mind because I told his 2nd in command that I had started seeing someone about 3 years ago, and Xander didn't care.I don't know much about Xander's life now, or the history.But from what I've heard, he hasn't had a girlfriend, he does have his whores every so often, but luckily they are never around Brax or Elise.Elise, he seems even less of. Over the 3 years, she's been alive. He's only seen her twice. Once when she was first born, and only a few months ago, but that's only because he came over and got Brax and Elise wanted to say hello.I do think it's good she doesn't have a connection with him. But only because I don't want her getting attached to someone who would be likely to leave her within a second.He doesn't have any more children but he'd actually have to try for that one.But I can't say the same for me.After meeting me now-husband Zayn 3 years ago, we actually got married a year after meeting each other.Elise, was actually now at her grandparent's (Zayn's parents) house for the weekend while Zayn is on a business trip for his work.Zayn's parents accepted my children as their own grandchildren even though I told Zayn I'm no longer willing to have any more children.I'm not sure if Xander cares about Elise, or if he just wants to keep out of her life for the better."Mom, get dressed so we can leave!" Brax said as he walked out of his room now fully dressed."Hold on, while I'm getting dressed grab the guns and take them back outside," I told him and he nodded.I actually never thought I'd be at this point in my life.My mother and little brother were murdered by my father right in front of me. My father was also killed in front of me. I got raped by a drug lord and got pregnant, and then lost the baby after being stabbed by my uncle, then after getting back into a 'relationship' with Xander, I got pregnant again.Zayn, of course, knows all of this.But even though all of that happened, I wouldn't change any of it. If my baby wouldn't have died, I might still be with Xander, and I would never have had Brax and Elise and would've never met Zayn who I love so much.I walked downstairs after getting dressed to see Brax standing next to the door waiting for me.I grabbed my phone and checked it before heading toward Brax.I looked and saw I had a message from an unknown number.Unknown Number: I know we haven't talked in a while, but would you be comfortable meeting me somewhere?I knew who it was. Nobody else would text me. Xander had my phone messed with when I first left so no one could text me without going through a phone system he had.I sighed. What was I supposed to say?

Megan: Please leave me alone. I have nothing to say to you, it's been 4 years and you've never said a thing to me, don't start now.Unknown Number: I know you're married and have a kid with him, but I want to be with you. I miss you, Megan, I think about you all the time. You were and still are my everything. I want to give us another shot, please.He was so toxic, and I refuse to be with someone like him again.He didn't love or care about me, he just loved the idea of me.Some little girl that needed someone to take care of her, but I now realize I am no longer in need of saving or someone taking care of me.Megan: I'm sorry Xander, I don't love you, and I don't want to be with someone as toxic as you. I'm happy, and I'm not going to leave my loving husband just because you are lonely. Don't text me again.Yes, this is the end. Sorry for anybody who wanted Megan and Xander to end up together. I actually had a few more ideas for this book but was losing a lot of inspiration to write the book so I finished it.If you have any questions, please comment and I will respond. :)