Chapter 44: Little Easton

It only took five minutes for Xander to fall asleep after he told me he loves me. He rested his head on my chest, and quickly fell asleep as his hand was placed on my stomach.

I couldn't help but think about the guy that came into the room. I wanted to know what he looks like. I wanted to know what he sound like. I knew that if I waited another day, he would be dead. I would never get to see the man, and look into the eyes of the man that could've killed me and my son.

I Saufley push sander so the other side of the bed, hoping not to wake him. He only served for a second, before I got out of the bed and quickly walked out of the room. Luckily he did not wake up. As I walk down to the basement, where the sales were, I got mini luxe. But none of them would've said anything. The last guy who said something to me, got his head blown off.

All of the men, we're now too afraid to say a word to me. Once I got down to the basement, I quickly walk down to the area where all the sales were. They were only about five people. When I say only, that's the truth. Usually there is 15 to 20.

I soon spotted a man, who I didn't notice from earlier. He's back was facing me, and I couldn't tell what he look like. He has lashes on his back, meaning they had whipped him.

"Hello?" I called out to the stranger. He instantly turned around, and seems surprised by who it was.

"What do you want? Are you here to torture me more? I won't say a damn thing! Don't kill me if they find out, the torture me 1000 times more if I tell! They'll be here to get me soon. I'm not scared of you guys." The man said. I could tell he was lying, he was scared.

Just by his voice, I could tell he was quivering. His lying wasn't that good.

"I'm not here to hurt you. I'm not into that. I guess I can make an exception for you, since you did try to kill me. But don't worry, I won't hurt you. I can see that they've already hurt you enough. And don't lie, I can tell you're scared. And they can see that too. It won't stop them from doing anything. And I highly doubt anybody's going to come after you. They probably think you're dead. You will be soon too." I told him.

The more I looked at him, the more I saw my childhood. But for some reason, I couldn't understand why.

"You're the girl I was assigned to kill? You probably deserve it too." he said. He didn't seem to regret his sentence. He already knew he was going to die, so why not just say things.

" I don't deserve to die. I haven't done anything wrong."

"Bullshit, you lay with a horrible monster. You're pregnant with his kid."

Automatically, not even listening to what he said, I knew who he was.

" Easton," I said under my breath. I could barely tell by his facial features that it was him. But by the way he says things, and how he pronounces things, I knew it was him.

"How did you know my name? I didn't even tell them. I told him my name was Richard." he asked me concerned.

" I can't believe you don't remember me, but to be honest I barely knew it was you. It's me Megan, don't you remember me Easton?"

Easton's eyes instantly lit up, he knew what I was talking about.

" Megan, tell me you're lying. This can't be you. You look so different."

"It's me, in the flesh. You've changed a lot. I can't believe you're 18. You looks so much older."

"Yeah, a lot has happened over the past few years. The last time we saw each other, I was 10 years old, and you were nine. I remember we were playing on the playground, and I was called to the office. That day, I found out my mother died. She died of brain cancer, and she never told me or my father. She lied to us for years. And then soon, my father got into dealing drugs. Which got me sent to his boss, to work for him. Of course I got paid, but then soon my father died. And I guess I didn't stop dealing drugs either. It was the only way I can make money. I was all alone, and I had nobody. I had no money, no family to go to. They all disowned us, when my father started dealing drugs. They wanted nothing to do with me or him." Easton told me.

"I'm really sorry that happened to you. Something similar like that happened to me."

" I don't get it, why are you standing in front of me? Why are you the girl that I was assigned to kill?"

"It's a long story, but I guess I can shorten it up. About a year ago, my father killed my entire family. Except me. His plan was to sell me off in some auction. But he was killed, by another guy. That's when Xander found me, he took me away from the auction, and told me that I was to work for him. My father had somehow gotten $75,000 in debt to Xander. So I started working it off, but soon Xander ended up raping me, getting me pregnant. The baby ended up dying, as somebody stabbed me.Then Xander let me go, but we ended up meeting at a club only a few months ago, and we ended up having sex. I woke up the next morning in his bed, and then I left. And only about a month or two later, I found out I was pregnant. And I guess is where we are now. To be honest, nothing is going my way. My life is horrible. I'm about to be mother at 17, and the father of my baby is a horrible monster. "

"Wow, when I was told that I was to kill a girl, and then it was Xander's girlfriend, I thought she was a slut that had sex with Xander and got pregnant. I would've never figured it was you. If it was, I would've never signed up for this. But maybe it was a good thing, at least you and the baby aren't hurt. As much as I hate to say, that baby is innocent. Neither of you deserve to die. I just had to do what I had to do for money. Only three months ago, my boss got me in the hits. It makes a lot more money then dealing drugs. I had to do what I had to do. Now I'm going to die for it. At least I know that it was you. And not some random girl. I actually heard what happened to you, or what happened to your family, and I thought you were dead. They say that the daughter went missing, and that they never found her. My guess was that they took you, and killed you. And then buried you into some force. Usually if it was a mob boss, they usually make sure they never find the bodies."

"Yeah, it's pretty hard to believe that I went off with some drug lord. I'm kind of stuck where I am now. He's never going to let me leave. If I do, I'll never see my son again. I have to do what I have to do, I have to stay with Xander, to keep my son safe. I can't run away, or people find me. Xander will find me, and kill me. If somebody else hasn't."

" I miss our childhood, you know? Me and you were the best of friends." Easton said.

"Easton? Can you go get my ball for me? It rolled down the hill. I'm just scared to go down it, I think I might fall." I asked him, and he nodded.

Easton quickly went down the hill, running after my ball. He caught it after a few seconds, and brought it right back up to me. As soon as he handed me the ball, I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and we both blushed.

Ethan didn't know this, and I never planned to tell him, but I had a huge crush on him. He was my best friend, but he was the sweetest person in the world. We've been best friends for more than three years, and I don't know what I would do without him.

"Are you OK? You look like you stumbled a little bit" I asked Easton.

Easton opened up his hand, and showed me a cut, it was right across his hand. It was bleeding a slight bit, it looked as if he had gotten cut by a short piece of grass.

"Oh no, hurry, follow me. In my book bag, I have a few Band-Aids." I told him. Him and I quickly went over to my backpack, and I put the Band-Aid on his hand after cleaning it.

"Thanks, I would die without you." Easton exaggerated. Him and I both chuckled.

"To the best of friends!" We both said together.

"Everything was so much simpler back then."

Without even thinking, I went over to the door, and opened it. I walked into Easton cell, and dropped to my knees in front of him. I felt no danger with him, even though I should've. He did try to kill me, and he has changed. He is in the same little boy that I grew up with. Nor am I the same little girl.

Easton looked at me surprise, that I would even walk into the cell with him. I scooted closer to him, in between his legs, and hugged him. It's OK if you seconds before he hugged me back.

"What the fuck is going on here?"