Chapter 31: What Would Have Happened If It Wouldve Been A Girl?

Xander's POV

She has to be insane. And that's saying something, especially coming from me.

"Megan, you can't be serious? We just lost a baby, how in the world can you want another one?" I questioned her.

Megan looked at me and glared.

"Fuck you, Xander, you didn't lose a baby. I did. You lost an heir, something that only would have benefited you in the long run." She told me.

I rolled my eyes. "Can we stop with that Megan? I know I said I needed an heir from you. But it was my child too, whether you like it or not. I did care for it." I told her.

But the truth was, I didn't actually know if I cared or not.

I didn't really feel anything. I just felt weird to know that I had a baby and now I don't.

"Please don't lie to me Xander, I don't want to hear them. It just makes me feel worse. I know you didn't care about the baby. I know you don't care about me. But if I'm totally being honest with you, I wanted that baby. Even if I only knew about it for a good 3 minutes. I also know I'm only 17, but it hurts to know that I could have been a mom." She said.

She smiled for a second but it instantly went away as she started talking again. "I also care about you Xander, you may not care about me, but I do care about you. You saved me, yes, you may have hurt me and tortured me. But I could be dead by now. I'm grateful for that. But I just wish things were easier. I know in the next few weeks I'll be back to cleaning and working off my father's fucking money that he owes." She ranted on.

"About that, I'm taking away the money," I told her. Megan looked at me confused.

"I think I've put you through enough. Let's just say that the debt is paid off, you can leave if you want. But I won't give you any money. You will be all on your own..." I began to say.

I am going to offer her something, but I don't know if she will take it. I'm hoping she will. I want her to stay here, with me...

"I don't want that." She said before I could even offer her anything.

"I know it's weird to even say this, but I like it here. Even with cleaning and everything. It's quite peaceful. I want to stay here, with you." She said looking up at me.

"I thought you hated me, why would you want to stay here with me?" I asked her.

I think she is losing her mind right now. "Xander, I want to stay. And I know you want me to stay too. I know you don't like me, but you do like to have me around." She said and I nodded.

"Look, if you do decide to stay we can work something out," I told her.

"I do, but what will be the new rules?" She asked.

"I want you to come and stay with me. People now know that you mean something to me, they know that if they were to take you away from me, it would hurt me." I said.

"It would?" she asked.

I nodded. "Megan I do care about you. I'm not lying or saying anything to make you feel better, but I'm being 100% honest right now. I care about you. You do mean something to me. The baby, it didn't. Yes, it may have hurt a bit when I heard that it died, but I didn't really care." I admitted.

Megna nodded.

"I want you to come into my bedroom and stay in the same room as me. I need to keep you safe, I don't know what I'd do if someone was to take you." I said.

Megan looked at me.

"You also don't have to work anymore, you can do as you please," I told her.

"I want to go back to school. I've missed so much and I want to go back. I think I'll be fine to start where I should be. I've mostly missed the last school years ending, the summer, and this year's beginning. I'd really love to go, Xander, please let me go." She begged.

"Sure, let me just figure somethings out," I told her.

"Also, before I leave. I want to discuss what you asked me." I said as I stood up from the chair.

Megan looked at me confused. "You asking me to give you another baby," I said.

I scratched the back of my head.

"Yeah, I want that." She told me. "Megan, that's insane. As I said earlier, you just lost a baby. How can you want another one?" I asked her.

"I need something to fill the void, Xander." She told me.

"Megan, he or she can fill the void of all of your family members that you lost," I told her.

"I know. Just, please think about it. I want something. I want a baby. It won't be much, you don't even have to take care of it. I will. I've always wanted kids anyway, and I could give you an heir anyways. If it's a boy." She said.

"Xander, if we ever do have any children together, what would happen if your firstborn is a girl?" She asked me.

I looked at the ground and sighed. "Let's not talk about that," I told her.

"Would you take her away from me? Would you kill her?" She asked.

"Megan, stop. I told you, we aren't talking about it. It doesn't matter." I said getting irritated.

"But it does! I want to know Xander! Would you rip her from my arms, and slit her throat!" Megan yelled.

I couldn't do it anymore, I did something I told myself I would stop doing.

I slapped her. I slapped her hard. Megan fell silent.

"You wanna know so bad what would happen?" I asked her. She didn't respond. She didn't look at me. I chucked. "I'd take her the second they pulled her out of you, take her out of the room, and bash her fucking brains in..."

This chapter is out a bit early! Some of you guys are liking Xander, I hope I changed that! Xander is very bipolar and you guys won't like him for long. This chapter even showed it! For a bit, Xander was caring but soon the switch changed and he was a monster once again.

I hope you enjoyed!