Chapter 33: The New Boyfriend

"I don't see why she should even be mad!" I said as I took another bite of the popcorn.

"Because he said something horrible about her! He is a dick head!" Joey said. I looked at him seriously. "She knew what she was getting into. She knew that something could possibly happen, not friends with benefits end 100% correctly. Even this movie shows it." I said countering his argument.

"It's a movie. And she has every right to be pissed off! And I don't see why you aren't mad at them for getting back together." Joey said as he turned off the tv and got up from my bed.

"Yeah, yeah. And if in the next month, they break up because their relationship skills are shit because they are both damaged people, then they have no one else to blame but themselves." I added.

Joey sighed. "You know Megan, not all love is difficult. Not all people are fucked in the head." Joey said referring to Xander and me.

"That situation doesn't count. Xander doesn't love me, and I sure as hell don't love him. He's just fucked in the head in general. But you are different." I said as I stood on my knees and walked toward him.

"How so?" Joey asked.

"Because you are kind, caring, generous, you have so much integrity, you are funny, you are honorable. And so much more. And I am so happy to call you mine." I said as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm happy to call you mine as well," Joey said before kissing me.

The kiss only lasted for but a second until Joey pulled away. "Are you sure Xander won't kill me for this? I mean he does plan to wed you and everything. And you also carried his child for a good, what, 2 months?" Joey asked me concerned.

I shook my head. "Xander doesn't care. As long as you don't touch me." I said and Joey looked at me.

"Sexually Joey, you can kiss me," I said as I chuckled. He is so cute.

"So, when do you start school?" Joey asked me as he pulled away and slipped his hoodie on.

"I start in 2 days," I said.

"Are you excited?"

I nodded. "Yes! I can't wait to see my friends! I probably haven't seen them in a good 6 months! And I really hope nothing goes wrong, I don't want Xander to take away my privileges to go to school."

"Did he tell you the rules?"

"Yeah, he said that I have to go straight to school and back home. Unless I ask him. And that guards will be at the doors all day long, making sure no one who would want to kill me would get in." I said.

"Megan, are you sure about this? I mean anybody could find out that you live with Xander, you could get a lot of hate for it." Joey added.

I rolled my eyes. "Don't worry about it. Anyways, don't you have a job to get to?" I asked him. Joey grabbed his phone and looked at the time.

"Yeah, I do. I'll miss you." He said as he pecked my lips and ran out of my room.

I got up from my bed and walked toward my bathroom. I needed to get a shower. I had accidentally spilled soda all over my shirt and I was all sticky. I stripped myself of my clothes and turned the water on before hopping inside the shower. But before I could actually start to clean myself, I heard a small knock at the door.

"Megan?" asked Xander. I knew it was him automatically. It came as a bit of a surprise that he would even knock.

"Yeah?" I asked as I grabbed the bottle of shampoo. Luckily the shower door blocked out my body and I didn't really care if Xander was inside, mostly because he couldn't see me.

"I want to talk to you about something," Xander said.

"Okay, what about?"

"I want you to stop seeing Joey." He said slowly.

I dropped the shampoo bottle and opened the shower door and slipped on a towel and walked toward him.

"No Xander! Please no! You don't get to do that!" I cried out.

"Megan calm down!" Xander said getting annoyed.

I looked at him, I needed to calm down. Xander and I didn't talk much. Which is one reason why we've been getting along so well. We just don't talk.

"Megan, I know I said you could date him. But he's always fucking late! His father is complaining! I don't want to hear his father's shit!" Xander complained.

I rolled my eyes. "Xander, please. He is the one good thing going on in my life. I'm listening to all of the rules that you've said. We haven't done anything wrong!" I said.

"Break up with him. Or I kill him. I'm done. I've been nice to you. I let you date him. But you listen to me, I own you, I pay for your expenses. So do it before I blow his fucking head off." Xander said looking me in the eyes.

I knew he was serious.

I sighed. A tear went down my face and I turned away from him. "Don't start with the tears Megan. I really don't have time for this shit. I'm already having a stressful week as is." Xander said.

I lifted my head as an idea popped in mind.

"How about we make a deal?" I asked as I turned back and faced him. Xander looked at me confused. "I'll do whatever you want, as long as you let me continue to date him."

"Fine, we got a deal. But I don't Joey will want to date you after you do what I want you to do." Xander said.

I sighed. "Damn it, Xander. Please, nothing crazy. I don't want to sleep with you." I said.

"Then I guess we don't have a deal then," Xander said before walking out of the bathroom.

"Wait!" I called out and Xander stopped.

"I'll do something else," I said looking at him.

I walked toward him and got onto my knees. "Promise I can still date him? And that you will never tell him?" I asked Xander.

"I'll have it in writing, Megan." Xander said looking at me.

I nodded before doing something I never thought I would do. I felt horrible about it, but I needed Joey. He was everything to me. The only friend I had in this horrible world.