Chapter 52: Getting Out Quickly

I turned to see Xander holding a gun, one that wasn't his. He must've grabbed it from one of the officers that handcuffed him.

As I looked at him even more, I could see that his handcuffs were now off and he was holding the gun with one hand, while the other hand was down and has part of the handcuff dangling.

I looked at the other side of me and saw the dead officer. He had a hole in his head, right between his eyes.

I couldn't hear anything, only the ringing in my ears.

I looked down and saw Brax, he was crying, loudly I presumed, but I still heard nothing.

Total silence.

But even with no noise, time still passed by.

Xander grabbed another cop and shot one more while the men that were right behind him, fired a shot at the last officer. Soon, they were all dead.

The only people that were left in this room were Brax, me, Xander, and the two men that walked in with Xander.

I could soon feel the tears coming down my face.

But not because I just witnessed 3 people get murdered. But because only within a few hours of my son getting born, he had to bear witness to a murder.

He shouldn't be in this life.

I felt somebody shake me, and I turned my tear-stained face to meet the person who was shaking me.

I soon saw Xander, and his face was full of worry. He was saying something, but I truly couldn't make out what it was.

Soon, after a few seconds. I could hear what he was saying.

"Megan...Understand? Are...Hurt? Megan, sweetheart...hurt?! Megan, breath, calm down. You need to calm down Brax, he's losing his shit right now," I heard him say, and soon I could hear my babies cries.

"He won't, you busted his ears!" I yelled.

I carefully picked Brax up and rocked him, trying to soothe him and the pain that he was probably enduring. He was possibly scared as well. Not knowing what is going on.

"Shit, we have to go," Xander said as he started to pace.

Xander left the room for a second, and came back with a wheelchair, "Give me Brax, and we can get you to the car. He'll be safer at home. I don't want him or you here. People might start to come after you," Xander explained.

I nodded as little Brax still continued to cry in my arms.

Xander took him carefully from me, as one of his men helped me into the wheelchair which sat beside my bed. He then placed Brax back into my arms and started to wheel me out of the hospital as soon as possible.

We soon got to the car, which he helped me get into as well.

After a good 5 minutes into the drive, I was able to calm down Brax as he started to eat.

"I'm sorry I had to kill them," Xander muttered out. He wasn't one to apologize either.

"I didn't even think they'd come. They probably have been building this case since the day the news said that you were pregnant,"

"I just wish you would've warned my so I could've stopped it from being so loud from him."

Xander turned to me and kissed my forehead.

"I'm sorry I didn't show him much attention at the hospital. I don't hate him, I promise. I just don't want to hurt him. Anything I touch, I end up hurting or breaking. I don't want to do the same for him. He doesn't deserve that,"

"You won't. He's your son, you care about him." I told Xander.

Brax soon stopped eating and I carefully handed him to Xander as the car continued to drive. "Be careful with him, even though he is small, he is still fragile," I told him.

Xander held him still as we both looked down at him. I could tell Xander was happy since a smile was now on his face, as Brax opened and closed his mouth as he yawned.

Xander moved his finger into Brax's small hand and Brax instantly grabbed Xander's finger, only allowing Xander to smile even more.

"He's so perfect," Xander said.

"He is," I replied.

Soon we arrived at the house, and Xander brought Brax upstairs with me.

Xander was right, he was much sfaer here where he was surroudned by men who would kill for him.

He was their soon to be boss. As long as nothing happens to him.

"Sleep, I'll watch him." Xander told me as I laid back in our bed.

I sighed, "I don't want anything to happen to him, maybe it's best if I just stay up and watch him,"

Xander shook his head, "I'll take him downstairs with me for a while and you should sleep, stop worrying. Nothing bad is going to happen to him here. He is fully protected. I promise,"

Even though I knew Xander could protect Brax, anything could happen, Brax could get sick, or inhale some type of drug that is brought into the house.

"Don't smoke around him, or bring him into a room where people smoke a lot. He's just a baby and he doesn't have the best immune system." I told Xander and he nodded.

"I know, please stop worrying. Sleep," Xander said before kissing me.

I missed him like this, before he turned me. I guess he always has been mean.

Xander turned away and pickd Brax up and walked out of the room.

I laid back on the bed and closed my eyes, wanting deep sleep to quickly come.

Xander's POV

"He's really small Xander, aren't you afraid of dropping him or squeezing him too hard?" Quinten asked me.

I nodded, "Terrifed. I don't want to hurt him, but as I told Megan, I hurt eveyrhting I touch. He's so sweet and innocent that I would hate for anything to happen to him. When he was first born, I felt somehting, the weirdest feeling. Is it hard to believe that you can feel love with someone the second you meet them?"

Quinten chuckled. "No, it's not. He's your son. You care and love him. He knows that I mean look at him,"

I looked down and Brax was snuggled into the hoodie I was wearing.

"I won't ever let someone hurt you," I said to him.