Chapter 50: A Reminder Of The Past Part 2

7 Years Ago

" Megan Sweetheart, can you go and tell your father and brother that lunch is almost ready? Tell him to wash up as well. We don't want dirty hands." my mother said, as she started to put the plates on the table.

For the past half an hour, I've been helping my mother make lunch for me, her, my brother, and my father. I love cooking with her. It was one of my favorite things that we did together. I didn't care if it was 9 o'clock at night, or 5 AM in the morning. I love spending time with her, she was the most loving, and caring person in the whole world.

"Of course , do you know where they are at?" I asked my mother. I was too busy over the past hour to even notice where they were at.

"When I went to use the bathroom about 10 minutes ago, I saw them in the living room. Both of them were playing a boardgame. I think they were playing Monopoly. Which seems kind of silly, since it's only the two of them."

I'm not a comma before putting the rest of the plates on the table, and walking into the living room. As soon as I enter the living room, I could see my brother and my father surrounding the table and having a board game set out in front of them.

"Damn ! You beat me again." my brother yelled. He instantly put his hand over his mouth, knowing that he just said a bad word.

My father, instead of yelling at him, brush out laughing. He put his hand on his chest, and fell back. He thought it was the most amusing thing in the world. I want my eyes at my brothers in decency. He should've known better. I knew he was young, but he shouldn't talk, or act like that.

"Dad, lunch is ready. Mom said the both of you need to wash your hands before you come and eat. You probably have dirt, all over your hands from those nasty boardgames." I told him. My brother turned around and frowned at me. I knew he was having a lot of fun with my father, and I just walked in and ruined it.

Are usually get along with my brother, and I loved him dearly, but he was immature. He was a daddy's boy, in my father's favored him.

I was a mamas girl. I adore my mother, and was always around her. I loved hanging out with her as well. I have course of my father, as my brother like my mother, but we didn't have that same attachment.

"Why? I'm not hungry, why can't me and dad just stay and play. Tell mom that. Tell her that me and Dad just want to continue to play Monopoly. Or we can all play, and we can all eat in here! Tell her that! Tell her that!" my brother said.

My father shook his head, knowing that my mother would not agree to that. She never usually let us eat outside of the kitchen. On where occasions, she would allow us to have popcorn in the living room, as long as we were watching a movie. And had to be together. My family was so family oriented, and we always spend time together.

"Come on, go wash your hands. I'll do the same. We can play right after. I promise. We've got all day."

My brother sighed, before he got up from his seat and quickly ran to the bathroom.

I didn't say anything to my father, but only walked back into the kitchen to see my mother placing the food on the table. I walked over to my seat, and took a seat.

"This looks delicious mother. I can't wait to see how it tastes, I bet it is as delicious as it looks. You never disappoint."

My mother chuckled, "You are such a amazing daughter, you know that Megan?"

I actually smiled by the compliment, I love complement. They always made me feel so good inside. That was one reason why I always give them to other people. To make them feel good.

After a few minutes, both my brother and my father came into the room, and sat in their seats as well. My father complemented my mother on the food, before we all dug in. As I said, the food was as delicious as it looked.

" Megan? Megan? Wake up, are you OK?" I heard somebody say, knocking me straight out of my dream. More like my paradise, back to when I was happy.

I open my eyes, and saw Xander sitting next to me. I rolled my eyes, and rolled on my side, facing away from him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you. Tell me, what is going on."

" The doctor told me that I could die, if I had this baby naturally. The baby could basically rip right through me. I'm so smart, that could hurt me. Severely. It could even kill me."

"I'm so sorry, I'll do whatever I can to help you. I know this is a lot. I know you're only 17, and a lot is going on right now. I know I'm not the best boyfriend, I know I'm not the best father played without a better time I swear it. I will send you more, I'll put off my work more. Whatever you want. I don't want anything to happen to you, or the baby."

I turn back to him, and I could see a small smile on his face. I knew he was sorry, and I could just tell it.

"I want to go away," I told him.

"Then we can go away."

"Where to?"

"How about the islands?"

"That sounds amazing, a vacation away from all of this. Just me and you,"

"It could be like a babymoon, to give us a break before this little devil comes into the world," Xander joked.

"Let's do it," I told him.