Chapter 29: He Doesnt Care

I could only feel the darkness. I barely remember anything from that night.

I do remember lots of yelling and gunshots.

But that's all. I do hope I figure it all out soon. I can't even tell if I am dead or alive at the moment. It's all dark, maybe I'm in between, or maybe this is truly what death is like.

Nothing but darkness. If that is true, then I am truly let down.

I can't hear anything.

Xander's POV

It has been 3 days since Megan had been stabbed. The doctor hadn't told me much. I haven't even been down there since that night. I can't stand to go down there.

It's not me saying that I don't care about Megan, or that I don't care that she was stabbed. Because I truly do. But it's the whole baby thing that still hasn't sat in my mind.

After Mario stabbed Megan, I shot him. I hated the idea of anybody hurting her. He wasn't just a threat to her, he was a threat to me. I knew as soon as he stabbed her, he was going to come after me next.

I shot him 3 times in the head, then instantly ran over to Megan to see if she was okay. She kept blacking in and out. Saying only a few things.

"Please don't let me die." and "Help me" she had repeated multiple times, over and over.

I dind't want her to die. She was the closest thing I had to pretty much about anything at the moment. We may not have been close, and she may hate me, but I still somewhat care for her.

I placed my hand over her stomach, to hopefully stop the bleeding. I also hoped that it would do something about the baby, especially if there was actually one even in there.

My men later came in and took her to the doctor, and on my way out, I grabbed the file with Megan's records. And right inside of it, it stated clearly that she was pregnant, I even made the doctor run the test once again when we got back to my house.

He hasn't said anything to me. But today, I do plan to go and visit. I need to know what is going on.

I've been in the dark these last few days, and if she is or was pregnant with my child, I need to know.

The basement was dark, and filled with despair. I passed all of the men and women inside of hte cells as I made my way into the hospital ward of hte basement.

I knocked on the door as soon as I reached the doctor's door. Within seconds the door opened, and not the doctor who stood in front of me, but his son, as well as Megan's little friend.

"Boss, can I help you?" the boy asked.

"I want to speak to your father regarding Megan," I told him and he looked back.

"My father's a little busy right now, but I'm able to give you an update if you don't mind?" He asked me.

I wasn't really in the mood for this stuff, and I need to know now, so I agreed to listen to what the little doctor had to say.

The boy stepped out of the doorway and came closer to me. Both of us sat down on the two chairs that sat next to the door.

"So, as you know she was stabbed about 3 times in the stomach. We were able to stop the bleeding and stitch up the wound," he said.

"And, what about the baby? Is there even one? Last time I talked to the doctor, he said he would run a test." I told the boy.

"The baby? Oh, right." The boy said in a low voice.

"Yes, the baby. Tell me." I told him, getting very irritated.

"So, it seems that Megan was pregnant. But she ended up losing the baby once she was stabbed multiple times by Mario. She seemed to be a good 10 or 11 weeks into the pregnancy." The boy said.

So she was pregnant, I knew it was mine too. The dates line up, as well as I know she hasn't been whoring around either.

"So it's dead?" I asked him. He nodded.

"What happened to it?" I asked. The boy looked at me confused. "The body," I stated. "I don't know sir. It doesn't say. Either way, I'm sorry. But your unborn child is dead." The boy said before standing up and walking back to the door.

"I'll tell my father you would like to speak to him." the boy said as he walked through the door.

What now? My heir was dead. Megan was going to kill me, not because she got pregnant, but because I let our baby die.

I know I technically didn't hold the knife to her stomach and shove it in, but it's not like I stopped him.

I was more shocked than anything, I didn't know what to do, or say. It all happened so fast...

The Next Day (Megan's POV)

I finally woke up. The doctor said that both Xander and Joey want to speak to me. I've decided to let Joey speak to me first, it might put me into a better mood.

I was in such a bad mood since earlier today. The doctor told me that my baby didn't survive. I knew there was no way it would have. Mario plunged that knife right where the baby was

I didn't want to see Xander, I hated him. I was so upset with him and the world that he lives in. He cost my baby its life because he wasn't more careful.

But I also play a part in this too, I'll admit that. I let myself walk right into the trap. I could have done something, I could have bit Mario, or struggled a bit more. But nothing would have stopped him from stabbing me, except Xander.

All he did was stand there. I do hope Mario is dead, I will kill Xander if he isn't. I don't want Mario tortured, I just want him dead.

I heard a knock at the door as I kept thinking.

"Megan?" I heard the voice ask. I knew it wasn't the doctor or Xander because they wouldn't knock, they would just barge right in.

"Come in," I said and the door slowly opened, only to reveal Joey.

"Hey, Joey, nice to see you," I said as he made his way over to my bedside.

"How are you doing?" Joey asked me.

I shook my head. "Not so good, I don't even know what to think. I only knew about the baby for a good 3 minutes until I lost it." I told Joey.

"You didn't lose the baby, somebody took it away from you," Joey told me. Joey rubbed my shoulder and gave me a small smile.

"How did Xander take it?" I asked Joey.

Joey looked at me and sighed. "I wish I could tell you that he cried or threw a fit of anger, maybe it would make you feel better. But he didn't do or say anything. It's like he didn't care. And don't think he doesn't, he just didn't show any emotion to me when I told him that the baby had died." Joey stated.

"I knew he wouldn't care. He doesn't give a shit about anybody but himself, I can't believe I expected him to actually be upset about the loss of his unborn child." I said as I laid back onto the bed.

"I only know one thing about how he feels," Joey said and I looked at him.

"I know he's upset that he lost his heir," Joey said.

"He's only upset because he lost his precious heir to the drug ring?! Of course! I'm so fucking stupid!" I yelled.

"He probably doesn't give a damn that his baby died. He only cares about the fucking drugs. The baby died because of him. Its death is his fault." I said.

"You truly think that?" I heard somebody ask. Joey moved out of the way to reveal the person who spoke.

As Joey moved out of the way, Xander stood in the doorway.