Chapter 42: The Man In The Dark

Hey guys, sorry about the time jumps. But I was having difficulty writing this chapter with continuing on with the date. I wrote the chapter multiple times (the reason why it took so long for me to even write this damn chapter) and couldn't seem to like the way it was. So...here it is with a time jump.

If you are any bit confused about what is going on, I envisioned that during the date, Xander and Megan got together, so that's what happened! :)

So at this point in time, Megan and Xander ARE together...

"This is it," I said in a low voice.

Xander, Joey and I were all in the doctor's room as we waited for Joey to tell us the gender of Xander and I's baby.

Joey used the probe to look at my stomach. I couldn't help by stop breathing every few seconds.

I was afraid that Joey would say I was pregnant with a baby girl, and Xander would stab me.

I know Xander cared, and even loved me.

But he doesn't want a girl.

I looked at Xander, who's eyes were fixated on the screen, once more.

I sighed, I hoped this wasn't the end.

"Well, from what I can see from here..." Joey began to say as he looked closely into the computer.

Both Xander and I stayed still, not moving, probably not even breathing.

"A little baby boy..." Joey said finishing his sentence.

I breathed out in relief. My baby was safe.

Xander couldn't hurt it.

At least not because of it's gender.

I looked toward Xander who was staring at the screen.

"Are you 100% sure it's a boy?" Xander asked Joey. Joey smiled and nodded.

He looked back toward the screen and pointed to a part of the baby.

"That there is its reproductive parts or penis."

Xander nodded.

"Print a few of those out," he told Joey before walking out of the room, not even saying a word to me.

Later That Night

I lay in bed, looking up at the dark ceiling, envisioning what darkness lay ahead for me and my child.

I placed my small hand on my now wide stomach and sighed, "My poor, sweet baby boy. You don't deserve this." I softly said.

I could speak as loud as I pleased since Xander wasn't in the room.

I haven't spoken or seen him since the doctor's appointment.

He didn't look upset, but he didn't even show any emotion in general.

I don't know whether to be worried or happy.

I rolled onto my side, no longer laying on my back due to it becoming quite uncomfortable, and looked through the windows.

I could see the full moon piercing through the dark woods that surrounded Xander's house.

Every few weeks, I can hear screams.

Loud gunshots.

Those nights, Xander comes to bed late.

Usually, around 2 in the morning is right around when he joins me, not even trying to be silent.