Chapter 36: Berin's Advice

Hey Guys, I wanted to make a little statement before this chapter starts. Mostly to address some concerns and questions. In the last few chapters, Megan seems to be going back and forth between Xander and Joey. Some of you are upset about that.

Yes, she may have been 'weak' and vulnerable a few months ago, but she is changing. And not for the better. She is being around Xander, she is learning from him, she is adapting to his personality, so please don't think that I am changing anything.

What she is doing is what many people do to survive, even if they don't know they are doing it. Megan doesn't notice she is changing, the way she is acting, almost seems normal to her. Yes, even cheating. So please don't hate her.

The story will go on, and she will (for a little while) continue to be the way she is right now. And it's for a good reason.

Xander does notice the change, but he being himself, he doesn't care, and more thinks of it as a turn on, rather than something that could easily be something horrible.

I just wanted to mention this before I started the chapter since some of you didn't totally understand, which is my fault, and I do apologize, so enjoy the story! Comment down below if you have any questions!

Xander's POV

I walked downstairs to go and find Megan since I needed to tell her that she can't come with me. I later thought that it could be very dangerous for her.

As I walked downstairs I could hear talking. It was between Megan and the doctor's son.

"Does Xander know you are down here?" the boy asked her.

"No, but it doesn't matter. He doesn't care, and really it's not like him and I are dating or anything," she replied back.

"I've heard different. Some of the men in the house say that you spend all day with him and that you guys literally act like a couple. I came to talk to you a few days ago, but then Larry told me that he saw that you were in Xander's office once again, and to not bother you guys. And I asked him why and he said that you guys were 'getting busy'. So I asked him what he meant by that he and said that you two were now together. So I decided to leave you be since clearly you had found your way back to that psycho." he stated.

"No, we aren't together. I want to be with you. I truly care about you, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have done what I did. I did it for us, to keep us together, but it only made things much, much worse."

"I know that you did it for the greater good Megan, I know that. But you made a stupid fucking decision, something you can't take back. But I want to be with you, so much, but I truly can't trust you."

"But you can!"

He shook his head, "Maybe, but I can't trust him, he doesn't care who he hurts, as long as he gets what he wants. And what he wants, is you..."

"No he doesn't, he just wants something to posses. And I've been giving him something to order around and I hate it, please, give me another chance. You made me happier in those few weeks, then I've ever been in the past 2 years! I'll talk to Xander about it, both of us can, if that is what you want..."

The boy looked at her. "No, I don't want to tell Xander. I want to keep it a secret. I feel like if he knows, he's going to try and break things up, which is what I don't want. I want to be with you, no problems. He has caused so much heartache to you, he's destroyed you in so many ways. And I want to help build you back up Megan. I'm doing this because I'm in love with you."

He's in love with her? No...

That can't happen. I just got her back. She is mine, not his. I won't allow him to have her. I walked backward and quickly made my way upstairs and into my office.

I needed to make a plan, and once very quickly. Or I could lose her to him once again...

I needed to end him. I can't let this happen. I need her to come back to me.

I don't know what I'm feeling...

As I tried to plan out my every move to end this fucker's life, a heard a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I said.

"Xander, what the fuck are you doing?" Berin asked me.

"I am trying to kill the doctor's son," I admitted.

Berin looked at me like I was crazy. "Why?" He asked.

"He's stealing Megan away from me! I just got her back! That motherfucker is trying to make her his!" I yelled.

Berin sighed and took a seat.

"Xander, calm down. And first off, she isn't yours. She doesn't even like you." Berin said.

Anger filled me. "Of course she does! We've been together this entire week!"

Berin looked at me. "How so? Sex? Dates?"

"We've been sleeping together. Hanging out every so often. But as I said, it's only been a week, it's not like we've had a month."

"Jesus Xander, you're getting upset over nothing. Again, she doesn't like you! She's only sleeping with you because she wants sex! She's scared of you! You raped her and let her baby die!" Berin yelled.

"You've beaten her! You've done such horrible things to her, she doesn't like you! She's only trying to survive." Berin added.

"That's not true!" I yelled slamming my fist into the desk.

"See, even you know it's true...You saw how happy she was with him. She acts completely different when she is with you. She is turning into you! Haven't you noticed? She's grown some fucking balls! She talks back! She doesn't listen! She is becoming a girl version of you. You need to let her go before she goes full fucking crazy. And I don't mean just letting her go from your sick love grip, you need to let her go in general. Give her some money...let her go. She's suffered enough."

Maybe he is right...