Chapter 43: The I Love Yous

"Boss?" the man asked, seeing if that is what Xander ordered.

"Lock him up, I'll be down there later. He and I can talk. Rough him up a little bit, not too much, I want him to be conscious and be able to speak when I go down there,"

The man nodded before leaving the office. "I want him dead Xander," I said looking into Xander's eyes with worry. I was afraid someone would come after me, and now they already are.

They got so close to me, this can't happen again. Next time, who knows, they might actually get to me.

"He'll die soon, I want him to suffer," Xander replied before pulling me into his arms. "I won't let anybody hurt either of you,"

For some reason, I didn't believe him. I knew people would come after me and the baby, I was terrified. Xander couldn't protect me against an army.

There was already a bounty on my baby boy's head, and he isn't born yet.

"I might have to go to war if this is a big group," Xander mentioned. I looked up at him confused.

Xander sighed, before explaining what he had meant, "I've done it a few times, usually when people steal from me. If it's a little gang, we will find out where they are, and kill all of them. If it's a larger gang, with a couple thousand to hundred thousand men, then we will have to go to war."

"Have you ever gone to war?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I got pretty close, but nothing ever happened with a big group, people are usually too afraid, and don't have enough of an incentive to try anything."

"But the millions of dollar bounty is getting their attention?"

He nodded. "Shit, if I heard some drug lord got a girl pregnant and it was a boy, I'd go over right now and cut that baby right out of her for a couple of mils,"

"That's horrible Xander, neither her or the baby deserves that," I told him.

"She slept with him, she got pregnant. The baby doesn't understand or feel it, so that part doesn't matter,"

"She could have been raped, I mean look what happened to me,"

"You lost the first baby, this one was consensual, we both know that. You never said stop once, you seemed to enjoy yourself anyways,"

"How would you know?" I asked him.

"By the way you moaned," he replied smirking.

"I could have faked it," I snapped back, not really wanting to hear his snide comments.

"Look, either way, we both had a part in making the baby. But I need to figure out who did this before they try and strike again, I also need to get more security in the house, and surrounding our balcony. I still don't know-how in the hell they got in. The men say the cameras were damaged. So I think they may have gotten in through the balcony."

"I left the door open to get some fresh air while I slept," I admitted.

"That shouldn't have mattered. The men should be watching around constantly. They have jobs to do, they need to pay better attention. I need to see who was guarding that area, then shoot them between the fucking eyes. You could've been killed. I don't want incompetent people guarding you,"

"I need to go and lay down, is it safe to go back into our room?" I asked him as I began to feel tired. "Yes, let me walk you up," Xander replied.

Xander and I then walked up back up towards our room.

Once we got into the room, I couldn't stop but to think about what could have happened if I wouldn't have woken up, or if I wouldn't have called Xander.

I and my baby could be dead, but I should stop thinking like that, it will only stress me out, and that's not good.

"The room seems fine, just go back to sleep. I'll be up later on," Xander told me.

"Wait," I said as I grabbed onto his shirt, stopping him from leaving.

Xander looked at me confused, unsure of what I could want.

"Please don't leave me alone Xander, I'm scared," I told him. "Lay down with me,"

"I already did in my office, I have to go and beat the living shit out of this guy," Xander said before walking out of the room.

I knew he wanted to hurt the guy who almost hurt me and his baby, but I needed him right now. All of the ballsiness that consumed me, was now gone.

I was back to being a scared little girl all over again.

I walked over toward the bed and sat down.

I ran my hand over the silky covers before crawling underneath and turning the light out.

My heart was racing like crazy. I knew nobody was in the room, and I knew Xander's men had checked it. So had Xander, but I still felt unsure. I wanted Xander in here with me. He may have been dangerous, deadly, and a monster, but he still made me feel safe.

I let out a little whimper, letting a few tears come down my face. I could no longer hold them back. I truly just wanted to let them all out.

It only took about 2 hours for Xander to come upstairs. I figured he'd be down there for hours, I figured he wouldn't even be able to make it upstairs in time.

Xander stumbled in, and slowly made his way to the bed.

I didn't say anything, but he knew I was still awake.

"He isn't dead," Xander said.

Again, I didn't speak.

"He did tell us that he is working for a large group and that I might have to go to war. Might is actually an understatement. They want you and our son dead. Not just for the money, but they want to destroy me. They know I'm in love with you, and I'd do anything for you,"

Xander turned around and faced me. His face showed something unusual. He seemed broken, he was clearly upset.

"I'm sorry this happened. I should have taken more precaution." he said before climbing in the bed next to me. He placed his head on my chest, and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"I love you," he muttered out.

I ran my hands through his hair before replying, "I love you too,"