Chapter 35: War

I quickly turned around, scene Xander standing behind us. He was standing in the cell doorway. He looked pissed off. Actually, he looked more than pissed off. I could see the region side of his eyes. He's probably wondering why I was hugging the guy that tried to kill me.

" Megan, get the fuck over here! Now!" Xander yelled. I didn't want to start a fight with him, so I scooted away from Easton, and got up and walked to Xander side.

Xander grab my face, and put it next to his. He was raging, he was fuming. I wasn't sure what he was going to do to me. I know he wouldn't really hurt me, since I was pregnant. That was the only reason he wouldn't hurt me. You didn't give enough of a shit about me, even if he does love me. Seniors completely bipolar, and only cares about his heir at the moment.

"What, in the hell do you think you were doing?! Are you fucking insane?! Only two hours ago, you were wanting to kill him! He tried to kill you!"

I turn to Easton, and he had a sad look on his face. "I know him, he's from my childhood! Him and I see best friends. He didn't know it was me. I'm not that stupid, I would never walk into a cell, with some random guy come and hug him. Easton and I have been talking for the last few minutes. He regrets it, if he knew it was me he would've never done it."

"He is a fucking liar! His boss, probably told him who you were. No normal, smart boss, would just say where to find a person. He probably showed him a photo, and told him your full name. He probably gave him a whole backstory on why he had to kill you. Don't listen to a word he said. If I probably would've came down here, he probably would've killed you. Now get the fuck upstairs, before I make you regret it."

Xander was right, it was very likely that Easton's boss would've told Easton whole story about me.

I turned the Easton, and looked at him. Before I went upstairs, I wanted to know the truth. I didn't just give him my whole story, just to have him lie to me.

"Did you know it was me?" I asked Easton.

" Megan, of course he knew! Get the fuck upstairs!"

I turned around quickly, and snapped at Xander, " Xander! You shut up! I want to know."

I turned right back to Easton, he was looking at the ground a shame. He had lied to me. And I knew it, he wasn't telling the truth when he said that he didn't know it was me.

"Your a fucking asshole you know that? I told you a whole bunch of things. And you could've been decent enough to tell me the truth. I didn't want this, I didn't sign up for this. But you did. You knew it was me, and you knew you were coming to kill. You knew in and that you were going to kill me. Did our childhood mean nothing you?! Did I mean nothing to you?! I hope you burn in hell Easton. And I hope they taught you to death. You almost killed me, and my son. I never want to see you again. Do what you want Xander, I don't give a shit anymore."

And with that, I stormed out of the cell, and went upstairs back into our bedroom. I slammed the bedroom door shut, angrily. I was pissed off. Easton was the only friend I knew when I was younger. At least until I met my best friend. I truly like Easton as well, and as soon as I saw him, all the feelings were flooding back. Not like feelings, but friendship feelings. He was so familiar to me, and that's all I wanted.

I went over to the bed, in about half an hour later, Xander was back up in our room.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gotten mad at you. I didn't know that you knew him. I was just terrified to see you in that cell. He could've done anything. He could've thrown to the ground, and hit you in the stomach. He could've killed you."

I shook my head, disagreeing with him.

"I'm not so sure he would've done something. But I'm happy that you came down there. He could've lied to me for hours,"

"I'm sorry he hurt your feelings, but that's what we do in this world. We lie, we cheat, we still , and we kill. He's almost the same as me, maybe not as bad, but he does horrible things. He does drugs, and he kills innocent people. You are in Saint Megan, you haven't done anything wrong. You've just been dragged into a whole shit show. My shit show."

"To be honest, you haven't done anything wrong. You haven't done anything I truly have an asked of you. At after I found out I was pregnant."

"I'm just trying to keep you safe, both of you. I know you think that I care more about him than you, but that's not true. Megan, you mean the world to me. I would do anything for you. But it sometimes, I have to be mean. Like downstairs, I was terrified that something would happen to you. Everything went black. I don't know what I would do. I thought that any second, he would throw you to the ground and kick you in the stomach. Or he would break your neck. In the life that I live, nobody gives a shit about who you are. He could've been your brother, he would've done anything to get the money. Are the people that he would've hired him, would've killed him. I know he doesn't have any family, but if he did, they would've killed them as well."

"I hate this, I hate that our baby has a group in this. I know that he's your heir and all, but I don't want him to grow up in such a horrible life. He doesn't deserve that. He's just a baby. He's not even truly baby, he's just a fucking fetus!"

" I know, and it sucks what's going to happen to him. But I'll trade him. I'll protect him. I'll make sure that nothing happens him. I can't promise anything, but I'll do my best to take care of both you. To make sure that nothing ever happens to you. Either of you. Megan, over the past few months I've totally changed. You may not see it, but it's true. I'm not as ruthless as I used to be. And people are noticing that. I've gotten so many death threats, much more than usual. Much more things are happening. People are noticing that I have turned a little bit softer, and they've noticed why. A lot of people know that I have fallen in love, and that I'm going to have a child. I know war is going to break out very soon. We are going to have to go to war with a group soon. Most likely the guy that Easton worked for."

"No, that could get you seriously hurt. That could get me hurt!"

"Instead of getting hurt, if you don't go to war, it could get both of us killed. I probably won't have to do much, but every once in a while I might have to go in. Their cross town, or the fourth largest group in the world. We have more men than them, and it might be easier to take them down. At this point I don't know. We'll just have to see. They're not truly coming after me, they're coming after you. They want to take something away for me that I truly care about. Before I met you, I had nothing that they wanted, I had nothing that I love, or cared about. But now that I finally do, they want to come after that. The man the Easton worked for, I killed his son. His son was 18, and tried to kill me. I ended up splitting his throat, and now he wants revenge. He's going to come after you, because I love you, and because you're pregnant. Even if you do have the baby, he'll come after both of you as well. It doesn't matter, he wants to hurt me. He wants to take somebody, or both of you away from me. As I had taken his son away from him."

"Xander, I don't know it's happening to me. Only if you hours ago, I wanted to kill the guy that tried to kill me and our baby. And for some reason, I want you to do whatever you have to do to keep me and him safe. Start a war, kill them all. I want to live, and I want our baby to live. Do whatever you have to do. Please, don't let anything happen to him. He means the world to me, and I don't want him dying before he even gets to breathe."

Xander sat down in front of me, and placed a kiss on my stomach. He then rested his head on it.

"I'll do whatever I have to do, and if that means starting a war, then so be it."