Gift ✔️

I woke up wondering how I got to my room. The last thing I remember was sleeping on Kookie 's lap and then nothing. After looking at the clock and seeing that I was long past dinner time I decided to take a shower and eat something light to go back to sleep.

And after being relaxed in my bed I started to imagine the face Yoongi will make when we start decorating things for his party tomorrow, if he will like the gift that I will "give" him, and how will he react when he meets his mate, or maybe he won't find them as happened to Hobi last month, or maybe he already found them but they haven't reached the right age yet...

Thinking about it makes me and my wolf anguished, thinking about losing the attention of two of my best friends bothers me in a strange way. And without wanting to continue thinking about it I closed my eyes, focusing on the beautiful smile that Yoongi gives whenever he thinks that we are not seeing during the "surprise" parties. And at some point while I was daydreaming, I fell asleep.

We were all excited about Yoongs birthday, It was possible to see how excited everyone was as soon as we met, probably even more than normal because we couldn't celebrate Hoseok's birthday together, his parents decided to travel before classes returned and we had to celebrate by video call. Because of that, we decided to make all the food the two likes best, then we would go to our waterfall and I would take Yoongi to the cave I had found the day that I got lost from Tae while we were all playing hide and seek when we were kids.

We started to put some lights hanging in the yard, made a table of food and drinks, and we turned on the sound, with our families together, all relaxed enjoying the good weather. It was almost 4 pm when we finally decided to go out, we all went to the waterfall, just spent time talking and splashing each other, the boys were distracted betting who can stay longer underwater when I decided to take Yoongs to my secret place.

As soon as we got there, he seemed astounded probably by the amount of stones embedded in the walls shining inside the cave, and the sunlight that came in made everything more beautiful while the colorful glow of the stones were illuminating his skin, making him look like part of the scenery.I approached touching his face where the beams of light were even more shiny on his pale skin.

 - You look so beautiful.

I said wrapping my fingertips around his jaw, he closed his eyes feeling my touch on his skin and smiled, opening his eyes again, not bothering with the word chosen to praise him.

 - You look even more beautiful Alpha, if that's possible.

He spoke still smiling and came a little closer touching my face so lightly that his touch tickled me.

 - Do you like it? I brought you here before everyone else, it's your special gift.

I said smiling.

 - I loved it, but there is another gift I want, and since it's my birthday. I think I can ask for something.

He replied with his eyes shining for a few seconds with the golden yellow of his wolf, and if I hadn't been this close, I would have missed this brief change.

 - I am your lamp genius today, so Mister Yoongi, sir , what will your pleasure be?

I spoke playfully, but I was truly ready for any request he made, or at least I thought I was.

 - Will you fulfill any wish of mine?

He asked, looking even more excited, and wanting to make his smile last longer I nodded, and with my confirmation he moved even closer.

 - Yoongs, what are y ..

I couldn't finish my sentence, his lips were against mine pressing slightly, warm and soft.I closed my eyes trying to enjoy the feeling a little more. But our kiss didn't last long, he soon pulled away blushing , avoiding looking directly at me.

 - Sorry I... I don't .. I wanted to ask you, but I.. you were so close ..

 - It's alright Yoongs, I .. I liked .. only, I don't think ... you know ..

I said, not saying anything understandable but he answered anyway, as if he understood something that I didn't understand myself.

 - You're right, I'm sorry I don't know what got into me ..

This time it was him who couldn't finish the sentence, I let myself be driven by the urge I felt to kiss him again and pressed my lips against his delicious one , this time taking a little longer feeling his tongue invade my mouth.

I had no idea what to do, but apparently my body knew it, and our kiss grew hotter and hotter until we were breathless.

 - That was the best gift you could give me.

He spoke, making me completely hot, feeling a tingling in the bottom of my belly and something squeezing my stomach, but in a strangely good way.

 - We better get back to the waterfall, the others must be looking for us.

I said trying to disguise the embarrassment I was feeling for having kissed him that way. He waved, held my hand guiding me out and we returned to where the others were.

After our first kiss we didn't touch the subject anymore and we didn't kiss again, our relationship actually got even better than before. He seems much closer and more attentive now as if our connection has grown, but he is less physical, seeming to avoid much contact,  he even stopped sitting between my legs so that I could hug him, as he used to do when we watched a movie together, and that is making me confused and upset, maybe he regretted our kiss and now he's keeping distance, or maybe he finally found his mate, just isn't ready to tell us yet.

But what confuses me even more is the way he reacts, the moments when wolves, other than his brothers approach me. It seems that something clicks inside him and in those moments things get really complicated, he becomes aggressive and extremely defensive, appearing to be ready to jump on anyone and tear off the limbs of the person who gets too close, and Hoseok is not even a bit behind in this regard.

Maybe it's they protection instinct since I'm the future alpha and it's in the blood of the betas to protect the alpha to whom they're loyal, or maybe it's something hormonal, but despite being a very uncomfortable situation I think they attitude is exaggerated, I always emboss and let them be. Especially when Yoongi makes a cute face and apologizes, or when Hoseok smiles showing the little dimples he has in the corners of his mouth and asks me not to be too upset with him because he's having a little trouble keeping his balance with his wolf side.

After the day Jackson helped me, the girls no longer had a chance to face me, the boys were always around, and just like my fiftteenth birthday, two months after Yoongi's, passed, my first semester flashed by.

The holidays started and as soon as we were free we went back to doing what we always did, we ran together through the woods and explored new places, especially with Tae, he was always willing to go with me in different and distant places, he love the adventure as much as I do.

And as we do when we are feeling even more adventurous than usual, we were passing near the edge of our territory heading towards the cave we found the last time we went out together, when a wolf appeared on the edge of our territory, a few meters away.