⚡13

"Where did they take her?" Nari asked, blanket draped over her shoulder as Jeno rummaged through the freezer to retrieve an ice pack

"Where did they take her?" Nari asked, blanket draped over her shoulder as Jeno rummaged through the freezer to retrieve an ice pack. He walked back towards the girl and placed an ice pack on her cheek that was tainted red. Jeno shrugged in reply; Nari took over and held the ice pack to her cheek.

The boy sighed and sat next to her, gazing at her side profile, wondering what she was thinking about.
"How are you?" He asked, leaning his arm on the back of the sofa, ready to listen to her. Nari shrugged and leaned back, sighing as she did so.
"It's just crazy, not long ago I was just a normal Ravenclaw and now I'm involved with the chosen one and you-know-who. Besides, hallway duty with Jaemin." She rolled her eyes.

Jeno chuckled and shook his head.
"I actually used to be friends with Jaemin." He admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. Nari raised her brows in astonishment.
"Really?"
Jeno nodded.
"First and second year, but then he met Draco." He explained.
"What about Donghyuck?" Nari asked, intrigued.
Jeno clicked his tongue, recalling how they used to be.

"Honestly, Donghyuck is quite like you."
Nari glared and Jeno and he held his hands up.
"Hey now, I'm just stating facts."
"There's no way I'm like Lee Donghyuck."
Jeno shrugged and reached for the snacks.
"Well it was quite a long time ago, I guess people change."

"You should give them the benefit of the doubt Nari, don't treat them as outsiders because after all, we're just human's whether we're Slytherin or Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Gryffindor."

Nari smiled in awe of his speech, admiring Jeno's pure soul.

Nari dragged her feet towards the hallway in which she was supposed to be monitoring, she absolutely dreaded it.
Turning the corner, she was greeted with the sight of Jaemin who leaned against the windowsill, arms crossed as he looked at the floor, kicking his feet against the wood.

Inhaling and exhaling, she walked towards him and settled at the next windowsill, jumping up and sitting on it. Upon her arrival, Jaemin looked at the girl and scanned her silently.
"Up to any trouble?" Jaemin teased, tone deep and raspy, looking at the students who passed through the hallway.
"Nope." Nari said popping the 'p'.
She clasped her hands together and swung her feet underneath her, stealing a glance at Jaemin who looked focused on his thoughts.

"Jeno told me you used to be friends." She mentioned, watching his reaction. He froze for a second but turned to face her.
"Hm, yeah we were." He answered, however he turned his head towards kids bickering, to which he glared at.
"Quiet."

The kids hurriedly rushed off, scared by the Slytherin.
"Did you have to scare them?" Nari scoffed, shaking her head at the thought of the scared children.
"Whatever." Jaemin answered, getting up from the windowsill and walking aimlessly around the hallway. Nari's eyes followed his every move, feeling herself becoming more and more intrigued by him.

"Are you upset?" She inquired curious, to which Jaemin looked up at her through the fallen strands of hair.
"No, why?" Confused, he asked.
Nari glanced at him wearily and shook her head.
"You looked troubled."

"Since when did you care?" He bit back, the defensive nature forming.
Nari was taken aback but instead got angry.
"Whatever you Prick I was just trying to be nice."