⚡21

Nari and Renjun sat at the Ravenclaw table, waiting for the annual new school year speech and once again they had to sit through the sorting hat and a bunch of 11 year olds

Nari and Renjun sat at the Ravenclaw table, waiting for the annual new school year speech and once again they had to sit through the sorting hat and a bunch of 11 year olds. Nari subconsciously found herself looking for someone- someone she never thought she'd even want to look at or even talk to.
She turned to the table behind her and mentally scolded herself for feeling disappointed that he wasn't there.

Why was she waiting for him?
Maybe it's because she dislikes him.

Turning back around, she looked towards Renjun who was sporting a highly uncomfortable expression. Her eyes followed to next to Renjun- Kim Mina. She's had a crush on Renjun since god knows- and she was really out to get his attention this time.
Nari caught the eye of Chenle from across the hall and he waved to her, to which she waved back and raised her brows and nodded over to Jisung who sat by himself at the Gryffindor table. Chenle only shrugged in reply.

Watching the youngest for a second, Nari tried to get his attention by moving her head into his view, while he was daydreaming. From the table in front of the Ravenclaw one, Jisung spotted the girl who was waving her hands in front of his sight and sporting a funny look.
Jisung turned his attention to the girl and nodded his head up to ask what she was asking for.

"Are you okay?" She enunciated, trying to be as clear as she could. It took the boy a second to lip read but he nodded in reply. However the doors opening made everyone turn towards it and in came Mark, head down and walking towards his table to join Jisung.
"Why is he always covered in blood." Nari muttered whilst placing a hand on her head.
"Day one and it's already started." Renjun commented.

"Best of evenings to you all." Dumbledore began, watching over the faces of young wizards and witches. "First of all let me introduce the newest member of our staff...Horace Slughorn."
The students all clapped as he stood up to identify himself to all.
Nari lazily clapped along, wanting nothing more than her bed. Her eyes were drawn to the two boys who slipped into the hall and to their seats at the Slytherin table.

Dumbledore didn't stop talking, instead he let it slide and kept his eye on the two cousins, already in the know about the situation. Renjun turned around and looked at the two in dislike, scoffing as Donghyuck gave him a challenging look. However the latter, Jaemin, sat with his elbow on the table and his chin in his hand. His eyes casted down, and mood had drastically changed. Jaemin had gone from cocky and insulting, to...numb?

However Nari didn't notice it in that much detail as she turned back to Dumbledore.

"As you know you were all searched upon your arrival and you should know why- once there was a young man like you, sat in this hall.
Walked through the corridors and slept in this very school. To all, he seemed like a student no different to anyone else. His name?
Tom Riddle."

Murmurs broke out and Nari shared a knowing look with Renjun.

"Although, he is now known by another name. Which is why I stand here looking out upon you all tonight, I am reminded about a sobering fact-
Every day, every hour- this very minute perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. In the end, their greatest weapon- is you."

Jaemin was still in the exact same position, his eyes down staring into the table, zoned out from the world, whereas Donghyuck gulped and looked around the room, locking eyes with Snape.

"That's something to think about...now off to bed." Dumbledore concluded, walking away from his post.

Nari and Renjun both joined the rest of the group, all training their eyes on the cousins from Slytherin.
"They're death eaters- they have to be." Mark said defiantly.
Nari shook her head in disbelief.
"They're students Mark, it's unlikely they'd be chosen out of all people, but I'm tired so I'm heading up to bed."
Nari began to walk away but turned around and sent a small wave.
"Catch you all later."

On her journey to the Ravenclaw tower, she was heavily held up due to the rush of confused first years. She stood behind them and rolled her eyes, growing irritated. The presence of another person made her turn her head towards them. It was Jaemin, and unlike him, he didn't say a word- he only looked ahead of him not even acknowledging the girl next to him.
Nari scanned him and wondered what happened to him over the summer for him to be like this.

"Brings back memories doesn't it." Nari commented, looking at the sea of excited and nervous faces.
Jaemin's head slowly turned towards her and Nari looked into his eyes- taken aback by the void.
His once sparkling, brown gold hinted eyes were dull.
His eyes bored into hers and he managed a curt nod, not even enough energy to disagree or retort back.

Nari frowned and observed him, feeling her excitement die down. Nari was extremely sympathetic- she couldn't help it.
Nari stepped to the side, closer to the boy and looked up at him- as she was shorter than him.
"Are you okay Jaemin?"
He looked down at the girl and noticed the worried look in her eyes swirling around.

"Don't look at me like that." His tone emotionless and detached.

"Like what?" Her nose scrunched up in confusion.

"Like you pity me."

HmmmmmmmWhat's the thoughts

Hmmmmmmm
What's the thoughts