⚡42

Slow and hard footsteps sounded up the stairs as Nari and Mark reached safety, they only caught the glimpse of the feet of the figure making its way to Dumbledore

"Good evening Jaemin." Dumbledore spoke, watching as the Slytherin walked closer with his wand extending.
Nari gasped and Mark quickly covered her mouth. Her heart was beating erratically and her eyes widened.
"What brings you here on this fine spring evening-"
"Who else is here, I heard you talking!" Jaemin snarled out- his tone scaring Nari momentarily as she didn't recognize him at all.

"I often talk out loud to myself, I find it extraordinarily useful."
Jaemin gritted his teeth at the reply and walked closer with his wand still pointed at him- unaware of his girlfriend watching.
"You are no assassin Jaemin."

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you!"

"By cursing Katie Bell in return hoping she'd relay the curse back to me? Excuse me Jaemin, I can't help feeling these actions are so weak they shouldn't be bragged about." Dumbledore said, watching as Jaemin began panting slightly.

"Trust me, I was chosen!" Jaemin yelled, harshly pulling his sleeve up to expose he death eater mark. Nari's breath hitched and she stepped back in shock, Mark steadying her as he watched in shock too.
"Expelliarmus!" Jaemin disarmed Dumbledore and Nari shook her head in disbelief.

The door clicked open and Nari inched closer to Mark- scared.
"You are not alone, there are others, how?" Dumbledore spoke and Nari's heart beating rose expeditiously.
"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirements." Jaemin chuckled darkly.
"Let me guess it has a twin?"
"At Borgin and Burke's, it holds a passage."

"Genius!" Dumbledore stated in fake bewilderment as another figure entered, Donghyuck joining Jaemin's side with fear in his eyes.
"Ah Donghyuck, your cousin was just telling me of your smart findings."

Donghyuck's eyes flashed to Jaemin then back at Dumbledore.
"Jaemin, Donghyuck, many years ago I met a boy just like you who made all the wrong choices, let me help you-" he was cut off by Jaemin.
"I don't need your help! Don't you understand?" His voice shaky and thick as tears welled in his eyes.
"I have to do this, I have to kill you! Or he's going to kill me." His voice dropped in sound at the end, wand shaking as his body shook too.

Sounds of footsteps running up the stairs made Donghyuck's own tears well up, scared and he inched towards Jaemin. Eunha entered and stood next to her son Donghyuck, smiling with evil intentions.
"Well, look what we have here." Her heels clanked against the wood and she approached Jaemin who had his wand outstretched.

Nari's own tears began falling as he looked up at the person who she thought she knew.
"Well done Jaemin." Eunha whispered.
"Good evening Eunha, I think an introduction is in order."
"I'd love to Albus but we're on a tight schedule- do it!" She hissed at Jaemin who was hesitating.

"He doesn't have the balls, just like his father, let me-" A death eater commented.
"No! The dark lord has told him to do it." She hissed.

A figure next to Nari made her jolt and Mark also turned, Snape stood with his finger to his lips, looking at Nari who was shaking and Mark who was shocked.
Snape took one last glance and walked up the stairs to the scene.
"Do it Jaemin!" Eunha screamed.
Snape emerged and Dumbledore took this time to look through the floorboards at Nari and Mark, his heart aching as he smiled at the two- remembering how they grew up so well.

He remembered what he had told her right before he left with Mark to destroy the horcrux.

"Nari, this life isn't for you. You have so much potential you have so much worth, do not make the wrong decisions. You don't belong with them Miss Jeong, I've watched you closely and I know what makes you the most happiest- when the time comes you will realise what has been in front of you this whole time. You have made me extremely proud Jeong Nari."

Dumbledore looked up at Snape who bit back the emotions rising in him.
"Severus, Please." Dumbledore spoke and Snape didn't make eye contact as he rose his wand.
"Avadra kedava!"

Nari's breath hitched and her heart screamed out as she watched Dumbledore fly back and off the astronomy tower. Mark gasped in shock and his whole world crumbled.

Eunha grabbed Jaemin and Donghyuck and she screamed with celebration as she shot spells at the sky to show their achievements.

Jaemin's breaths shook as he stepped back from the death eaters, watching as they celebrated.
He turned around only to stop as he came face to face with Nari.

Her anger was prevalent as tears dripped down her cheeks and the eyes burned into Jaemin as she took in his appearance, eyes trailing to his arm.

She didn't know him anymore, he had played with her to get to this moment.

Jaemin used her, and she'll never forget his true colours.