⚡29

"I don't know who to take

"I don't know who to take." Donghyuck sighed, laying down on the sofa at the astronomy tower, Nari throwing a tennis ball at the wall and catching it while Jaemin leant against the balcony and looked at the two.
"Why don't you go with Chae Yunseo? I've seen how you look at her." Nari wiggled her brows.

"She's a gryffindor though." Donghyuck whined, throwing an arm over his eyes.
"And?" Nari commented. "So what if she isn't in Slytherin."
"It's not common to date someone who isn't in your house." Jaemin commented, running a hand through his hair and Nari shook her head at him, throwing the ball over to him and held her hands out to catch it again.

The two went on like that and threw the tennis ball to each other.
"Who really cares, if you like that person you like them for themselves not the house they're in." Nari scoffed, throwing the ball harder this time and Jaemin just about caught it.
"You do get angry quick." He said smugly, throwing it back to her.
Nari stuck her tongue out at him and he let out a small chuckle, before biting his lip to stop himself.

Nari gasped and her mouth fell open.
"Did you just l-"
"No."
"You laughed."
"No I didn't."
"Yes you did, oh my god you actually laughed!"
"Shut up." Jaemin said, throwing the ball towards her again, feeling his ears burning up again.
"You should laugh more often."

"Can you two stop flirting and help me figure out ways to ask her out?"

"That's genius!" Donghyuck exclaimed, taking notes. The three of them were now situated on the floor, Donghyuck cross legged and Nari kneeling down, whereas Jaemin leant against the sofa.

"Speaking of dates, who are you taking?" Donghyuck nodded towards Jaemin and smirked.
"I'm not going." Jaemin answered.
Nari narrowed her eyes at him.
"You aren't going? You have to!" She exclaimed, smacking Donghyuck for his attention.
"Tell him."

"Ouch." Donghyuck said rubbing his arm.
"She's right Jaemin, we don't have long left of this school, we should make the most of it."
Jaemin shook his head and threw his head back in frustration, sighing.
"Yeah but if I go, I'll just be lingering around."

"Why?" Nari asked, tying her hair up messily out of her face.
"Because I don't have anyone to go with so I'll just be alone."

"Go with me."

"What?" Jaemin sat up straighter, shocked.
Nari shrugged and looked at him with a smile.

"Then you won't be alone."

"Where have you been?" Renjun asked as Nari walked in, minute before the curfew

"Where have you been?" Renjun asked as Nari walked in, minute before the curfew. Nari slipped off her shoes and coat, letting her hair down.
"Just with some friends."

Renjun eyed her suspiciously but didn't press on it any longer.
"Everyone is talking about the dance." He commented, pouring himself a drink in.
"Let's go together, like old times."

Nari's eyes widened and the guilt hit her again.
"Renjun I..." She started, feeling really bad.
"Hm?" He asked, giving her a glass of water too.

"I already asked Jaemin..." Her words quietened at the end and she avoided eye contact.
Renjun was silent for a moment, picking out the right words to say, hesitant to.
"I'm really sorry, I'll tell him that I'm going with you-"

"No, it's okay. Honestly Nari, you go with Jaemin."

"But what about you?"

"Don't worry, I'll find someone. You have fun with Jaemin and I'll get myself a hottie." He winked and laughed.
"I thought you hated him." Nari stated confused.
Renjun smiled softly at the girl and placed his hand on her shoulder.
"If you like him, I will try my best to too."

"I-i don't like him, I'm only going with him because he has no one else to." Nari defended herself, feeling flustered.
Renjun tsked at her and flicked her forehead.
"You're so dumb."